starletta8

Comparison: Eyeshadow Sticks

Anyone who has read a few of my posts knows that I've become a recent convert to eyeshadow sticks- and have amassed a decent-sized collection in those few months.

Here are some comparison swatches- feel free to add your own eyeshadow stick swatches!

Clinique Chubby Stick Intense for Eyes- No Flash (full collection)

cliniqueeyes_noflash.jpg

Clinique Chubby Stick Intense for Eyes- Flash (Full collection)

cliniqueeyes_flash.jpg

Laura Mercier Caviar Sticks

lauramercierswatch.jpg

Even though this isn't at Sephora, I have to add these lovelies:

Chanel Summer 2013 Stylo Eyeshadows (No flash)- Full Collection

chanel_noflash.jpg

Chanel Summer 2013 Stylo Eyeshadows (Flash)- Full Collection

chanel_flash.jpg

starletta8

Re: Comparison: Eyeshadow Sticks

(0) Hearts

I realized there were 3 that I hadn't swatched. Oops.

Pencils_0602.jpg

starletta8

(0) Hearts

D'oh... there's still one more that I didn't swatch. That's for another day, I guess.

melde

(0) Hearts

Since you guys are the pros when it comes to shadow sticks, are there some that are a little less shimmery? I think these are all super pretty, but I don't think I look very good with very shimmery eye products. Any recommendations would be very much appreciated! :smileyhappy:

starletta8

(0) Hearts
Of all of them, the Clinique are the least shimmery- but I have yet to encounter a matte stick. They're all metallic or shimmery. Just remember- these are all buildable and switched heavily to show true color payoff. Just avoid the Chanel ones though...
DTalksAll

I picked up the UD in Mushroom today & LOVE it! It's such a nice shade. 

I stopped into Lord & Taylor before hitting up Sephora and swatched the Chanel sticks in Jade Shore & Pink Lagoon. I almost bought the Jade Shore on the spot, the color is gorgeous! Good thing I didn't. In Sephora I swatched a bunch of pencils (mainly UD, but a few MUFE too). Then when I washed my hands I had sparkles everywhere & the Chanel pencils completely disappeared, but the UD & MUFE didn't budge. When I went back to the Chanel counter & told the SA, she was shocked & said she wears them daily & they don't budge. She closed her eye & I saw big crease line. When I pointed it out to her, she didn't know what to say. I had a feeling they wouldn't last long; the only time I can get the illusion d'ombre to stay put is with a lot of primer, and shadow to set them. Even then they still move a bit. So sad too, the colors are so pretty! 

starletta8

(0) Hearts

I use the NARS primer and 2-3 Iayers on the Chanel- and get 16-18 hours of wear, no creasing. 

DTalksAll

(0) Hearts

really?!!?! Now you're tempting me.... 

So I'm trying to use more of my Vice palette & hid my nakeds... Mushroom is a nice base for purples. I layered it with rapture & think I found my new "go-to" look. 

starletta8

(0) Hearts

It's all about having patience:

• Primer
  • layer of color
  • giving the color a minute or two to settle down
  • then add additional layers.
DTalksAll

YAY! You got Morphine! I'm eyeing mushroom right now & it keeps going back and forth from my shopping list to shopping cart. 

starletta8

LOL, I knew I'd end up with Mushroom.

What shocked me was the Stila victory over NARS and MUFE- I just don't like their pencils (or at least the testers). I also found the MUFE color selection meh at best.

DTalksAll

(0) Hearts

I have the MUFE in 20E (pearly taupe) & really like it's staying power. I'm a huge fan of Stila Kitten, and your swatch is making me want to add it to my cart... forget the list! 

starletta8

(0) Hearts

I have seen many posts promoting Stila Kitten, so I couldn't resist...

starletta8

(0) Hearts

OK, I've got 3 more to show you.

UD_Stila_flash.jpgUD_Stila_NF.jpg

mkupgk

(0) Hearts

Love kitten!

Daniela1387

(0) Hearts

Where did you get these eyeshadows? They are sooo prettyyyyy I want i wantttt lol

starletta8

Sephora carries both the full Clinique and Laura Mercier lines; the Chanel can be found at counters as part of the summer 2013 collection.

Daniela1387

(0) Hearts

Thank you!! I am going on the search for Chanel one because the colors look absolutely amazing!

catherineu2

(0) Hearts

Anybody like Stila's Smudge Crayons? Or are they more like a liner?

starletta8

(0) Hearts

I broke down and bought one- but I've been using it as an oversized liner for my undereye area.

starletta8

Urban Decay 24/7 Glide On Eyeshadow Pencil:

UD_swatches.jpg

Note: These colors aren't on Sephora's site anymore, but they are available from the sale section of the Urban Decay website. Hence why I'm starting out with these two.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 54 replies
  • 43 hearts
  • 16 in conversation
    • DTalksAll
    • arielaaaaaaaa
    • marinaanne147
    • lylysa
    • mafan
    • bittersweet86