starletta8

Comparison: Eyeshadow Sticks

Anyone who has read a few of my posts knows that I've become a recent convert to eyeshadow sticks- and have amassed a decent-sized collection in those few months.

Here are some comparison swatches- feel free to add your own eyeshadow stick swatches!

Clinique Chubby Stick Intense for Eyes- No Flash (full collection)

cliniqueeyes_noflash.jpg

Clinique Chubby Stick Intense for Eyes- Flash (Full collection)

cliniqueeyes_flash.jpg

Laura Mercier Caviar Sticks

lauramercierswatch.jpg

Even though this isn't at Sephora, I have to add these lovelies:

Chanel Summer 2013 Stylo Eyeshadows (No flash)- Full Collection

chanel_noflash.jpg

Chanel Summer 2013 Stylo Eyeshadows (Flash)- Full Collection

chanel_flash.jpg

arielaaaaaaaa

Re: Comparison: Eyeshadow Sticks

I've never done anything like that, I'm not one to experiment with eyes shadows/ liners. I feel such an urge to go play with my makeup now! Thanks Lylysa

lylysa

Haha, you're welcome! Enablers R' Us...strikes again!

bittersweet86

Hehe those are really the only ones  I have too and was going to post them but now I don't. Wonderful photo btw ^_^

arielaaaaaaaa

(0) Hearts

Lol Thanks!! You could still post them, people do love to see them on different skin tones.

mafan

Wow, that is a wonderful collection and great swatches.  I'm interested in these and the little color swatches on-line are not very helpful sometimes.

Tell me, how do you apply these? I don't really want to go and try one out at the store, and I've only ever used powder shadows.  Do you color a bit with the stick and spread with your fingers? With a brush? Color the whole eyelid?  Any info on actually using one would be great.

Thanks for sharing.

starletta8

I usually go for a whole eyelid look since I can't see very well without my glasses- but you can do any of those methods.

I should also mention that my swatches are applied with a heavy hand- the colors can be sheered out very easily.

mafan

(0) Hearts

Thanks, I'm hoping to play around later.  I picked up a couple of Rimmel Waterproof ones to try and I wasn't sure how to start. I'll see how it goes. If you can do it without seeing very well hopefully I won't manage to make too much of a mess of myself!

lylysa

Sugar Frost looks gorgeous......I feel like this is going to be an Enablers R' Us thread to support the purchase of cream shadow sticks!

onomotopoeia9

@lylysa, whenever u mention the enablers r us thing, I always perk up :smileyhappy:

do u have any others you recommend?

lylysa

I'm a fan of the UD shadow sticks, Morphine is one of my favorites, it's got a blue/purple pearl shift to it and looks amazing on any eye color. It's such a good brightening shade too!

Benefit used to have a shade called Slippin' N Dippin' that was a warm golden peach (similar to Freelove by UD in their regular shadow line, but not as warm toned) that I used as my lid shade for lazy days....sad they discontinued it. :smileysad:

onomotopoeia9

(0) Hearts

sounds cool!

starletta8

There's a couple other shades of the Laura Mercier sticks that I'm eyeing- but I'm in a lo/no buy period right now.

I should admit that I have an UD order coming of the 2 shadow sticks on clearance.

arielaaaaaaaa

Great swatches! I love the colors! 

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 54 replies
  • 43 hearts
  • 16 in conversation
    • DTalksAll
    • arielaaaaaaaa
    • marinaanne147