drrragon

CHEATERS on "Swatch to get a Free Eyeshadow" thread!

[ Edited ]

Ok, I thought this was more amusing than anything.  Last night I noticed someone posted my swatch pic as their own.  So I cross checked and found at least one other instance of cheating.  Anyone else notice this?

Screen shot 2013-03-12 at 8.40.17 AM.pngScreen shot 2013-03-12 at 8.40.55 AM.pngScreen shot 2013-03-12 at 8.40.36 AM.png

(I especially love the *my fave!!!* comment above)

Screen shot 2013-03-12 at 8.41.12 AM.png

lylysa

Re: CHEATERS on "Swatch to get a Free Eyeshadow" thread!

"Hello, and welcome to the first annual Sephora's Best Cheater Awards! It's a crazy honor to bring to you the top picks on the board to highlight those who just decided 'Yup, gonna steal this pic! *right click, save image as, create own profile, upload, and try to collect*"

>.<

Once again, *face palm*

ChicDabbler

grand winner will get a fake Sephora Eyeshadow. =P

lylysa

[ Edited ]

SERIOUSLY?!?!???!!

Good gravy! Kudos for you for playing shadow detective, Drrragon! 

I'm feeling like this is getting out of hand! It's just a free eye shadow, folks! If you've got the energy and effort to create a profile and steal a photo, you can put that same energy and effort toward heading to your local Sephora and swatching 3 shades!

>.< Ahhhhh!

charlielovefool

I saw one picture that seemed like it was copied but it wasn't this one. 

fran11

[ Edited ]

Seems like a whole lot of work to create the accounts and steal the pictures for 1 free eyeshadow! haha I wish I had that kind of spare time! :smileywink:

Happy to hear the culprits won't be rewarded for their stealthy (or not so stealthy) attempts!

sephoramusthave

lylysa----Of course not, I would *never* do that. >_<  These people better not ruin everything for the rest of us good folk out here.

lylysa

You have brain cells, and know better :smileytongue:. It's just so crazy to put all this effort into "stealing" photos, when they could have just put effort into going to a Sephora...not to mention once inside an actual store they can touch and get the hands-on experience with testing product!

ChicDabbler

Oh oh! If you use sponge tip to write sephoramusthave using 3 eyeshadow colors, I bet no one would dare to copy it, or it would be the easiest to spot copy ever.

ChicDabbler

Oh! It would be pretty if you write out your BT name with an eyeliner on the edge of the shadow swatches, like a written watermark. It would be so cool if the swatches is an eyelook combo and the eyeliner is the color that you think will go well with the combo look.

sephoramusthave

Thats a good idea! Except that I think that using eyeliner or a lip stick in pencil form would be much easier to write my name with.

ChicDabbler

True dat, especially since your username is a bit long.

I kind of think it would be hilarious to mail the copycats a fake single sephora eyeshadow. =X

sephoramusthave

Or better yet....an *empty* compact of the Sephora single shadows, just to teach them a lesson!

kimmi1115

Wow.  That is crazy.  It's just an eyeshadow.  The people who copied the pictures probably created the account just to get a free shadow, and they'll never return to the forum again.  Not even to ask a question on the forum.

Awesome job pointing it out!  I'm glad they extended the giveaway.  I'll be going to Sephora on Friday, so I might as well swatch some shadows while I'm there.

arielaaaaaaaa

I So thought about checking also cause that idea crossed my mind that someone might be cheating!!! Major Props for pointing it out!!

elnxio

-_- oh newcomers....

violalea

you were right haha silly and lazy cheaters

candacebt

[ Edited ]

Duuude...SO not cool. Thanks for calling this out, drrragon! The good news is that I'm the one checking for authenticity on all of the photos so I will make sure to look out for cheaters!

And props to you guys for actually going in and checking out the shadows, we really hope you liked them!

*Just added this to the post, so people know not to expect an eyeshadow if they're posting a copy:

Please note: For recipients to be eligible to receive a free eyeshadow, photos MUST be original, taken by the recipient in the store. Dupes or copies from other posters will not be accepted!

lylysa

Kudos to the update on the post, Candace!

I swatched a couple of shades before the giveaway came out and was really surprised and impressed by the texture and color pay off! When the giveaway came out it was more of an incentive to check out more colors!

Kiddie Pool is gorgeous! Super bold and shimmery!

lowrah

That is so lame.

ChicDabbler

[ Edited ]
Lol. I really would like to think someone just swatches the same shadows as me, but then I noticed 1. My swatch pic in their album, and 2. The veins on the hands are identical. It's not too hard to find someone with the same skintone, but identical veins?

A least she made some effort. The first cheater I caught as a teacher submitted his friend's hw without even changing his name. I mean I'm not super observant, but lawls.
lylysa

(0) Hearts

Vein twins!!!! >.<

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 56 replies
  • 141 hearts
  • 18 in conversation
    • charlielovefool
    • sephoramusthave
    • arielaaaaaaaa
    • lowrah