Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Lip Lovers

Bite Matte Creme Lip Crayons

We swatched the new Bite Matte Creme Lip Crayons to see how the colors looked on different skintone. What do you think?

Do you have swatches of these lippies? Post a pic in the thread below!

bite.jpg

Shop the Bite Matte Creme Lip Crayons> http://seph.me/bitecreme

See swatches of all the Color Melt Matte lip hybrids: http://community.sephora.com/t5/The-Swatch-Board/The-Color-Melts-Matte/td-p/1542838

Re: Bite Matte Creme Lip Crayons

Hi ladies! Totally get where you are coming from! These swatches are actually done on our employees here in the home office, and for a while it was just me (I'm NC40 in MAC) as the "dark" skintone (because I run the swatch program and I'm the easiest person for the photo team to access). For the most recent lip swatches we swatched a range of skintones from myself to the NC50 tones for the "dark" skintones, but unfortunately we couldn't grab everyone in the office for every swatch. These are just really meant to be a guide, but we're definitely working on getting a range of ladies to show off the colors. Smiley Happy

Btw the way my arm is the "dark" shade in this photo, and I'm definitely a little more than tan. Smiley Happy

I agree with newandaddicted; the "dark" color just seems tan to me.  Sadly I am very "untan" and don't think these look that good on the lightest skin.  I'll be passing on these probably.  

I do appreciate the swatches.  It seems Sephora makes the mistake so many makeup companies make there are women of color who would like to see the swatches on DARK/DEEPER skin tones.  NW45/NC50 type range. It's annoying seeing the shade range ending at "beyonce, halle, Rhianna"  Can we get a "Lupita, Viola, Whoopie" shade range? Thanx

I think I'll wait on the 2nd round of colors.  I'm a deeper skin tone and think the other color will look better on me.  I do like Glace'e.

Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 10 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
Photos1
  • bite.jpg
testing