Mishoooo

ya

Hiya,

I am heading to New York in September from Scotland with my mum who is getting married while we are there. I am the bridesmaid.

We were hoping to get our make up done on the day at a Sephora shop - how do we go about booking this? Can we do this online or do we need to call the shop? Can someone please tell me how much this costs?

Thanks

Michelle

dianabt

Re: ya

(0) Hearts

Hi Mishoooo, 

I'm sorry for the delay in response! 

Mafan has provided you with some GREAT tips and steps on setting up an appointment at a store and the pricing (Thanks so much Mafan!)

Let me or any of us other mods know if you have any other questions! 

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana
mafan

Re: ya

Hi, sorry that your message got missed before this.

A custom makeup application costs $50, which is spent on merchandise in the store.  It's best to check with the store in question to see how they handle this.  Some let you buy a gift card, others it's any merchandise. Some might expect you to buy what they use if you like it.

You do need to call the store and book the appointment.  Since your mom is getting married here in the the US, I assume you have someone over here who could probably setup that appointment.  I suggest you search through the tops on Beauty Talk as there are some good posts on New York City shops (if you're in the city).  I think that you'll have better success working with some shops over others, and it's worth investigating.

Actually, I just looked and some stores do handle on-line reservations.  Look at this page here for more details on makeup services and maybe to make an appointment on-line:

http://www.sephora.com/beautystudio

I hope this helps.

Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 hearts
  • 3 in conversation
    • dianabt
    • mafan
    • Mishoooo