snshnegirl

why do the women that work in my local Sephora's have horrible makeup application?

(0) Hearts

When I go to Sephora, I never ask for advice because the women that work there mostly have horrible makeup application. I am not trying to sound rude but i'ts been my experience. Is makeup application knowledge required for the employee?

catherineu2

Re: why do the women that work in my local Sephora's have horrible makeup application?

I've seen a few that looked a little like clowns (sorry to say) but they were all very helpful. I think eveyone's makeup tastes are different but I trust the employees to help me.

ChicDabbler

Re: why do the women that work in my local Sephora's have horrible makeup application?

It's a hit or miss I think. Also, some Sephora lighting are not the most flattering. I've seen a girl with flawless makeup on one trip, but the next month when I went to the store, she had such heavy bronzer and lipstick on it looks like she's making a duck face even when she's not. Some employees also test the products on themselves, the girl at the checkout counter last time I went had those sticker eyeliner on her hand. =)

liveinlovexx

(0) Hearts

Hmm, odd! All the girls at Sephora, and boys mind you ;], are always super nice and all look very good! I haven't once been helped by someone who looked or acted scary! And I think that even if we have a different taste, they normally are spot on in finding me what I am looking for. I guess it depends from store to store.

I do know a lot of the girls in my store have gone to make-up school, or are currently going to school to become make-up artists or estetitions (SP?) . Maybe I just got super lucky with an awesome store?!

And also, if you make an appointment ot get your make-up done, not all the girls there are able to be your artist, so they do get extra training for that.

I love everyone at Sephora.

As for Mac, I am a big Mac girl too. I don't have one close to me now that I moved so I have strayed a lot, but I also find that all the girls at Mac have always been good to me. :]

MoreGun89

All of the employees I've seen in my stores have been knowledgably made up!  Even the one man I have seen behind the counter has a better eyeliner application technique than I do XD

sephoramusthave