beautylover353

What do people think about Sephora being in JCpenny?

(0) Hearts

I think it's kind of cool because you can actually go there and try it on for yourself.

I'll order makeup and end up never using it because its the wrong shade or something, plus my mom doesnt like ordering makeup!

eileenofsd

Re: What do people think about Sephora being in JCpenny?

(0) Hearts
The nearest full-sized Sephora store to us is a full four hours away, in the mall of america, so personally, I love it. I only have to drive an hour. I know, I sound like I live in the middle of nowhere. Which I do. The only place in town to buy makeup is WalMart and drugstores. They don't carry my tokidoki. ;D
carminemelody

I like it, just because prior to this the closet Sephora to me was an hour away!  What I don't like is the service.  They have acted like they have no idea what I am talking about with some things.  BUT I will say on a recent visit a new guy was working there.  He was always checking with me, very informative, and super helpful.

I love that it is now only 25 minutes away from me now... BUT I wish they carried more lines.  I can't get my NARS and they are just now getting makeup forever.  They also don't carry all the promos you find at Sephora.com, so I am still an online shopper.

melalah

the 2 malls near me that have a freestanding sephora also have a SiJCP (excessive? probably). My nearest FS has made a significant improvement in customer service but honestly I used to prefer my SiJCP sooooo much more. Or I'd drive the extra 40 minutes to the other mall to go to that FS or SiJCP. 

Sometimes it's just luck of the draw I guess. I love my FS and SiJCP now :smileyhappy:

lovesu

It's convenient, if I need something quick I go there instead of the full-service sephoras in the mall.  But that's the only nice thing I have to say about it.  I have found that the employees at the sephora inside jcpenny aren't as knowledgeable, helpful or friendly.  I can't count the number of times I have walked in and never been acknowledged until check out.  Its my last resort when it comes to sephora.

scoutie11

(0) Hearts

I found that in my city the staff at the Sephora in JCPenney were much more friendly and helpful than the full service store right down the mall. 

lovely1reigns

(0) Hearts

Apparently you can't use your beauty insider to redeem points for purchases. I heard this from someone who works at a sephora in a jcpennys, maybe this was a problem that has already been resolved. But I'm obsessive when it comes to my points so I avoid shopping there when I can.

oliviabt

(0) Hearts

@lovely1reigns - Sephora inside JCP purchases do earn points and count towards VIB status. The register systems were recently updated. :smileyhappy:

Just be sure to always provide your Beauty Insider card or email address at the time of your purchase. You should see the items come up in your "Purchase History" when you login on Sephora.com. Hope that helps!

XO,
Olivia
beautylover353

(0) Hearts

Well I don't have any full service Sephoras at my mall or around where I live so it's the only other option besides buying online

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 8 replies
  • 4 hearts
  • 8 in conversation
    • oliviabt
    • melalah
    • lovesu
    • eileenofsd
    • beautylover353
    • scoutie11