alty

WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE EVER!!!!!!

I have been a loyal customer at sephora for years and seems like ages. My experience at sephora this time made me so mad that I HAD TO TYPE THIS IN THIS discussion! I have bought my product at a local sephora store the day before and later returned it on the next day. I had to return it because I didn't think the color fit with my skin. THE LADY WHO CHECKED ME OUT SEEMED TO BE THE ONLY LADY ALLOWED TO DO RETURNS?! SHE WAS TAKING CARE OF ME AND THEN SHE PICKED UP THE PHONE AND TALKED TO A PERSONAL FRIEND OF HERS? OR POSSIBLY SOMEONE SHE KNEW FROM ANOTHER SEPHORA OFFICE? WHILE SHE WAS CHECKING ME OUT AND SHE EVEN TOOK THE BACK OF MY OTHER RECEIPT AND WROTE AN EMAIL DOWN WHILE CHECKING ME OUT! 

I THOUGHT CUSTOMERS WERE FIRST?????!!!!!?!?!?

WHAT IS THIS? SHE WAS RUDE AND IGNORING MY QUESTIONS WHILE I WAS WAITING PATIENTLY FOR HER TO HANG UP. I HAD QUESTIONS WHILE SHE WAS TAKING CARE OF MY RETURN BUT SHE DIDNT ANSWER ME BECAUSE SHE WAS ON THE PHONE! I HAD TO ASK HER 2 TO 3 TIMES TO GET MY QUESTIONS ANSWERED! SHE WAS STILL ON THE PHONE THROUGHOUT THE WHOLE TIME I WAS THERE! SHE DECIDED NOT TO HANG UP AND KEPT TALKING TO WHOM EVER SHE WAS TALKING TO. 

as a customer who has been a loyal customer for years and years I am hesitant to go to another sephora store again.

HOWEVER, i would like to do something about this situation. can anyone give me ideas or explain to me what i can do about this situation?

Thank you~~

Ellie123

Re: WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE EVER!!!!!!

(0) Hearts

omg thats terrible! that happened to me at forever 21. if it happens again you should talk to a manager or confront the woman. im sorry this happened!

thesupergirl

(0) Hearts

I had a bad experience at sephora a couple of months ago. I went in to buy the bare minerals starter kit but I didn't know which foundation was my color. So I found the kit then of the employee for help she turned away and went to back of the store! I waited she never came back. Then my boyfriend came and met me inside the employee ran to him to help him! He told her I needed help so she came but told me you do know how much that cost right! I could not believe he said that! I told her yes and I knew I wanted this.  I hope she was just having a bad day.

cspriverratz

(0) Hearts

I recently had a bad experience as well :/ I went in to Sephora on a Tuesday night, which had some customers in there but it wasn't crazy busy. It seemed a bit understaffed at first, there were 2 people working the floor. After asking one of them for a skincare sample, she used the radio thing and asked for someone to help me with it. She told me to wait where I was, which was near the nail polishes, not even remotely close to the skincare section.

After standing there awkwardly for around 5-10 minutes, I gave up and searched for someone else to ask. There was NO ONE around. I searched the store, and found one associate helping a big group of people. I wondered where all the employees were, and there were 6 of them behind the cash registers, when there were only 4 registers! Only two people were purchasing items, so I have no idea why they weren't helping customers. I had to wait for someone to come out of the stock room to ask for a sample, and she gladly did.

I finally left with my sample intact, and a feeling of embarrassment/neglect. I have never had a bad experience with my Sephora, so I was sad that it happened. :smileysad: Hopefully it was just a one-time thing, like they were all new employees and didn't know what to do. 

keelybt

(0) Hearts

@cspriverratz and thesupergirl I'm so sorry to hear that!  I'll send you a message for more info :smileyhappy:

wingatprsct

I'm sorry you had a bad experience.  Don't let this one RUDE sales associate ruin your enjoyment of shopping at Sephora.  I try to tell myself there was a reason for a person's rudeness, i. e. they have a sick child or family member or the electric company is turning off their power if they don't pay their bill right then over the phone. 

Of course, we know that probably wasn't the case.  It just helps me cool down a little bit and realize it's not the worst thing that could have happened.  But yes, Sephora does not need employees that are giving them a bad reputation and reporting the incident helps them keep these kinds of problems to a minimum.  Better luck next time!

miabt

(0) Hearts

Hi alty,

I'm so sorry to hear about your experience!  I can reach out to the Store Director for the location you visited & have then reach out to you.  I will send you a message for a little more info.  Thanks!

xo, Mia

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 6 hearts
  • 7 in conversation
    • keelybt
    • Ellie123
    • miabt
    • wingatprsct
    • cspriverratz