Blackwhiskey

Treatment

My Sephora has one of the best staff there. Everyone remembers my face, some have made the effort of remembering my name which is so flattering. Last night I went to buy a Sephora brand eyeshadow, I have never bought single shadows but the other day I bought one and I was so impresed that I decided to buy my white matte from the sephora line too. Anyway, I walk in and instantly see the new MUFE artist shadows and naturally I gravitate towards them, by the way... blown -away-. A sephora lady comes up to me and provides me with information about the mufe shadows and I ask her about the one I bought but unfortunately in stores they don't have the name of the shadows - just the number. We ended off with the note "Okay, I'll let you play now!" .. I have never been told this but I definitely felt like a kid in a candy show - which is a great feelnig in my opinion! I love it when I'm not just being stared at, or often have them come up to me and ask if I need help. It was a great experience and all because that lady made it so with her words :smileyhappy: 

The clients are another thing though, I was in line - the first one too - and I was waiting for someone to call me up so I could pay and this girl out of nowhere just gets in front of me ... and after a while she says "Oh I'm sorry, where you here first?"....no kidding, she did leave after I feel that I had the look of death on me. >_>

That aside, I love my sephora and its employees! 

Poisonivy9

Re: Treatment

(0) Hearts

I am also fortunate enough to have an amazing staff at my local store!  They always recognize me and are so friendly!  They always get excited about their new products and are happy to show them off.  They make fantastic recommendations, and while things may not always work out for me I still value their advice and know that they are doing their best to help me find what I need (and often a few things I don't need!). I always have an amazing experience and it makes me sad to read posts about others who don't get to enjoy their visit for whatever reason.  And yes, some people can be so rude!  No one needs to take up the entire walkway or cut in line.  Glad you have all had such positive experiences!

emmohh

I'm inclined to agree about the exceptional service at Sephora. Out of the 4 I go between, 3 in Canada and one in the States I've had nothing but amazing service. I've had associates scour the store for seemingly out of stock products even when I don't ask for it and they always know how to be helpful without being overbearing.

I have never once left Sephora thinking that I would never return and often I want stay longer because it's such a comfortable environment to be in.

I can't wait for the Sephora in my city to open. I can see myself spending a lot of time there.

michelleshops

My regular Sephora is the same!  The staff is great, friendly and they make a point to remember the regulars (it's in midtown Manhattan so it's pretty high traffic) but it's a pretty small location so the staff to customer ratio is pretty low and sometimes they get swamped.  

It's sometimes painful to go because they're are so many people looking for samples and asking to get things done that it's tough to maneuver around the store.  I can't tell you how many times I've been whacked in the back by someone's purse!  Oh and the people doing their nails.  Seriously?!  You're in a store, not a nail salon!  

That's why I like the Rouge closed-door events, It's all the best of Sephora without all those pesky people, lol!

Blackwhiskey

OH MY GOD! That reminded me of one time I went and this girl was doing herself a makeover with all the YSL products. I was like.. really? I don't have a problem with people swatching but treating a stand like its your personal stash just doesn't leave a good impression. I don't think she has a problem with germs either the way she was going at it. Another one was applying mascara straight from the tube last night.. lol And yeah my sephora is pretty much the same as yours, when it gets busy I understand if they're all swamped so I usally have the patience until I see them alone and go up to them if I need any help. 

michelleshops

Exactly!  Test & swatch away but come on, have a little respect for the rest of us!  I try not to think about the germs, I'll get too grossed out!  I watched someone tightline once with a tester and I almost gagged.  I do the same thing.  I hang back until someone offers or if they seem free. 

By contrast I went to Mac yesterday and one of the guys there was HOLLERING along with the song playing and there was an off-duty girl sitting in the make over chair talking across the store to her friends.  I could not get out of there fast enough!

RandeeBT

Thanks for sharing your positive store experience, Blackwhiskey! I would like to forward your feedback to our retail division so the store's employees are recognized for their great customer service. I'm going to send you a private message to get a little more information from you. :smileywink: 

Best,
Randee
Blackwhiskey

No problem, Randee, I lucked out with my Sephora, the ladies there treat me like a valued costumer and by now they know that if I need help I'll ask them so they're not following me everywhere. And when new items arrive they always come up to me with enthusiasm and ask me if I want to see them, I feel like a little queen. lol 

RandeeBT

That is amazing! It sounds like total VIP experience! :smileywink: I always bring a list of all the new stuff I want to test out when I go to the store. Hehe. It sounds weird but the store is really big so if I don't make a list, I might forget to swatch something :smileytongue:.

Best,
Randee
calcutta

Yup I do the same thing, otherwise I go in there and get all frazzled by the pretty things.

I have a game plan going in, that sounds so weird!

RandeeBT

It doesn't sound weird to me at all, calcutta! Sometimes a game plan is necessary :smileywink:

Best,
Randee
Blackwhiskey

I had my mind set on one item. Sephora's matte white eyeshadow, and I kept repeating to myself that's the only thing I was going to buy when I got there and I did.. I was proud of myself. But after sleeping on it, swatching the MUFE eyeshadows, think I'm going today to go buy a duo! xD Oh dear. 

RandeeBT

(0) Hearts

At least you slept on it for a night before you made your decision! :smileyhappy:

Best,
Randee
MarciaBrady

I like it when sales assistants don't hover, too. I'm one of those people who needs space to think. LOL.

As far as clientele, it can definitely make or break a store. Bad ones irritate other customers and wear down the energy and will of the staff. I've never had issues at Sephora stores, but don't even get me started about Whole Foods...

TheSocialQuota

There is a WORLD of difference in a Whole Foods from opposing metropolitan markets. Came from a Florida one to a newer one in one of the towns around Seattle... oh my word how snobby the staff was.

Blackwhiskey

My organic market has the friendliest people.. I think I'm just blessed LOL I get good service mostly :smileyhappy: 

Blackwhiskey

This is the second time that this happens to me at the sephora i go to. No problem with the staff but the clients... grrr! I don't know if it's the age, they seem like teenagers. Then again in the valley, all the girls seem like the Mean Girls from that movie! 

calcutta

These good experiences very much depend on the location, good to hear you had a good one!

calcutta

Also, the customers can be terrible, so many times I've gone in there and people are putting on a full face of makeup and blocking aisles. I don't care if you wanna put that bacteria ridden makeup on your face, just get out of my way.

Blackwhiskey

(0) Hearts

I was looking around and had to get past a girl standing in the middle of an aisle - leaving little space for someone to get through as the big vanity mirror my sephora has and the chairs werein the way too.. and I said excuse me and she didn't budge a muscle so I had to go sideways! lol 

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 19 replies
  • 30 hearts
  • 8 in conversation
    • michelleshops
    • Blackwhiskey
    • calcutta
    • emmohh
    • RandeeBT
    • MarciaBrady