over60andfab

Spent over $100 @ the store & got no samples??

Is getting samples hit or miss - this is the 2nd time I have spent a nice amount & did not receive any samples.  I appreciate the samples as it allows me to try brands that are new to me.  It's a 2 hour drive so I have to plan my trips & I want to make every trip count!

mychoi

Re: Spent over $100 @ the store & got no samples??

(0) Hearts

I got a sample once. At a sephora inside JCPenny. One and only time

yepthatsmehun

(0) Hearts

Spent over $400 IN ONE TRIP, even asked for samples. Got home to unload my haul and no samples. I spend money and get no samples, while I see others getting samples with little $10 purchase. I think you should get them without asking.

Spoiler

I am happy to shop online, at least I get samples and have bought items that I got as samples.

Derienjocelyn

(0) Hearts

This drives me nuts! i spend 100-200 dollars a week at sephora not saying that its substantial but but its enough to think that a special surprise might be at the bottom of my bag without having to ask. I always have high hopes that someone is going to ask me if i'd like a free sample but nope :smileysad: 

So why do we need to ask for  samples at checkout? Why are you given samples no matter what online but its not a given in store?

I also think that if you are Rogue, VIB, you should automatically get a sample with your in store purchase, without having to ask. What Rogue or VIB girl would say no?

Candy357

(0) Hearts

I assumed they never give any out. I have never gotten any.

I love samples too! That's how I am hooked on the Marc Jacobs foundation now.

Sad panda. I want samples when I go. : (

obsessiveangel

i never get samples at my nearest sephora which is a roundtrip 2 hours! whenever i used to ask for foundation samples, they were nice but not the nicest about it (hope that makes sense). but surprisingly the other day, i went to the store to make a return (note: did NOT purchase anything), and the cashier gave me a foil sample of amorepacific cream. i was like....what???? O.o

the guy was so nice!!! i have no idea why he's give me a sample when i was only returning items. odd, but i took it! lol NO SHAME!!! hahaha 

i do agree, especially if customers are vib or vib rouge....i kinda EXPECT them to give us samples. i wish sephora would treat customers the same as they do online! give us at least 3 foil samples! :smileyvery-happy:

LuckyWinter

I have a bit of a vicious trick to get samples Muahaha :smileyhappy: ! Im kidding, Because I got a baby face and I'm always being told I'm SO cute, I usually act all cute and it works, Like, if I'm going to pay ill put my stuff to pay then ill get on my toes -im short- and try to look in the sample basket (my sephora got a sample basket in the back) and I'm like O:!!! -with a cute voice and smile- You guys got new samples ? :3 And then the lady is like yes :3 and she usually put samples in my bag, usually of what the got which is about 2 - 3 :smileyvery-happy: I use my cuteness to get samples ^_^ 

mychoi

(0) Hearts

I got a good image of that haha 

obsessiveangel

(0) Hearts

at least there's a sample basket for you in the back to see! there's nothing near my store!!! hahahaha totally jealous!! :smileyvery-happy:

LuckyWinter

(0) Hearts

Oh I forgot to add that I don't actually ask for them, I usually ask if they got new samples and they just automatic put them in my bag :smileyvery-happy: last time I got a versace perfume sample and a little tube of clarin neck cream! But yeah I have many little tricks in my bag :3 You have to be nice and stuff not just be plain " Do you have samples?" :smileytongue: Hopefully it will help you ladies getting samples 

Nicrohr

(0) Hearts

I have pretty much NEVER gotten samples at check out at Sephora, this is a bummer for me too :smileysad:.

I second what someone else said, "In my opinion, I should not have to ask for samples (unless I want to try a specific product, then I ask somebody for help before checkout)."

This is one reason I prefer to shop online!

solveig

(0) Hearts

I've only gotten samples in store 3-4 times, and only once I was asked what kind of samples I prefer (and unfortunately that was the only time I've seen that SA working in that store). And honestly, I do my shopping for the products and not the samples, but it would still be nice to be offered some (especially since they are free and the store doesn't lose anything by offering).

In my opinion, I should not have to ask for samples (unless I want to try a specific product, then I ask somebody for help before checkout).

cmeas

(0) Hearts

I always have to ask

linda84

(0) Hearts

I have shopped at Sephora for years, and only once did I ever receive samples without asking. I bought something small, and I was given a bag full of deluxe samples (500 point perk) to encourage me to fill out the online survey. I was over the moon.

I sometimes ask for samples of certain products, but it always feels awkward, although they are always super nice about it. I love that about Sephora!

thesupergirl

(0) Hearts

I always have to ask they never just had them to me at my sephora

Missie772

(0) Hearts

I always ask for samples. Sometimes when I go it is super busy so I don't get a chance to get specific samples.

But at the counter there will usually be either foil packets and the usual samples that you see in the 3 Free Samples section. Sometimes they run out, so make the samples into the little sample jars and label the bag- usually perfume or a skincare item.

I always ask for samples at checkout even if I did have a chance to get a sample or two on the floor and they will throw in some foil packets. But if it is a Sephora made sample jar, the SA usually ask perfume or skincare. I said skincare last time and I got a sample of Philosophy Pumpkin Pie shower gel/bubble bath! I would have never picked it or asked for a sample of it and I am glad that I got something different! Of course, I stopped by Starbucks to pick up a Pumpkin Spice Latte and then I took a bath with the sample. It was a great combination!!!!

When in doubt- just ask for samples!

glossyguru

(0) Hearts

I've never gotten a Sample from sephora, unless I use points. My store just doesn't do that. Even when I ask.

mberteig

(0) Hearts

I always ask, and always get samples.  Sometimes if I want a sample of something specific, I'll ask them to make one up for me and they are always very nice about it and do it, they will even make up perfume samples.  Don't be afraid to ask for what you want!  I figure, "Don't ask, don't get!"

Kiki1517

The store I go to you have to specifically ask for a sample of whatever you want, they will not just throw them in with your order. I've spent alot too and in all the years have only had random samples thrown in one time. I like being able to get samples of whatever I want although sometimes it can be very difficult to actually find someone to actually make them for you, so I will grab the products that I want samples of and just bring them to the beauty studio and wait if they are busy.

linda711

Same here and it's been very disappointing.  Just about every retailer out there has a rewards or loyalty program of some type these days, and those who offer the best perks stay on top.  Seems to me that Sephora has forgotten that as of late.

rainbowveins084

I have never received samples in store, so I just buy my items from online now

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 34 replies
  • 24 hearts
  • 27 in conversation
    • keelybt
    • DTalksAll
    • mberteig
    • spoiledbrat
    • obsessiveangel