over60andfab

Spent over $100 @ the store & got no samples??

Is getting samples hit or miss - this is the 2nd time I have spent a nice amount & did not receive any samples.  I appreciate the samples as it allows me to try brands that are new to me.  It's a 2 hour drive so I have to plan my trips & I want to make every trip count!

spoiledbrat

Re: Spent over $100 @ the store & got no samples??

(0) Hearts

You know, i do not think you should have to ask. They should be offered. Especially since some people are uncomfortable asking or too shy. Sephora should take this into consideration. Who doesn't want free stuff unless it is dog poo in your yard? Sephora is a makeup store; makeup counters offer samples and/or ask what you would like. Come on Sephora, just hand over the loot please :smileyhappy:

annekevdb

(0) Hearts

I agree - I am slow to ask and often don't have a specific product in mind. I want to try new stuff - give me whatever and I'll be happy. I've had time when I walked away w/ 2 foil packets and other times when I got big handfuls of deluxe sized samples. It is very hit or miss. But as Rouge it would be nice if when in the store and making a purchase there was just a system in place for hooking us up w/ a couple nice samples. 

spoiledbrat

It depends on the store. I would have asked. If they said they did not have any, then i would roam around and have them make me samples of stuff i wanted to try. You know I would.  The Sephora north of me never has samples, ya right, the one east of me, that helped me with my boxes for the troops, they always load me up without asking - they see my points and they cough up all kinds of stuff and usually "go to the back" and snag more stuff for me. They do this if i spend $25 or $250 - they are so nice, but they also know me by name. Yes there are Sephora employees that actually like me :smileyhappy:

DTalksAll

I love shopping in store because I can ask for ANY sample I want. It doesn't matter if you spend money or not, just ask for samples of products you want to try. 

At checkout only one of the stores near me will throw in some pre-made samples (like the ones you ask for), but I never like the products. It's usually a tiny bit of a body wash or a serum that's probably been exposed to air for too long.  

As for foil samples, they have those once in a blue moon & it's usually the ones no-one wants (think foundation cards). 

ChicDabbler

Did you ask them? Apparently stores get packaged samples at set intervals and they usually run out before the next batch come in, so they don't always offer you samples without asking. This differs depending on the store, but every single store should be able to make you samples, and you should be able to ask for at least 3 samples of your choice. If they refused when you asked, let the mod know (along with the store location/name). 

Customer service can be a hit or miss depending on the store, if there's another store within 2hr drive, you might try go there and see if they are better. I know I have 2 sephora 40min drive from me, one have a slightly grudging/apethetic service while the other is very accomodating and friendly. =/

FireSpinner

I was at Sephora last week, spent well over $200 and noticed that no samples were put in or offered, as i was at the cash register. So i asked if anything was available and i hate asking, makes me feel kinda bad but it paid off. Walked away with a mufe aqua mini eye liner pencil and a mini mascara from bare minerals. 

So it pays to ask :smileyhappy: 

ChicDabbler

I hate asking too, especially since I barely buy anything in store. =X

But if they make them for me without the judging look then I'll put in a good word on Sephora feedback survey, so I consider us even. >.>

FireSpinner

haha, yeah :smileytongue:  it's weird, the cast members i've interacted with have always been super nice but i still get this little feeling like i'm not good enough to be in there. It's probably all in my head lol

snowshoe

[ Edited ]

I have that feeling at my local Sephora too.  Maybe because it's larger, gets a ton of traffic and the cast members are more jaded from it, I don't know.  They're not rude, but sometimes I'm ignored or I get the "why are you here?" vibe.  

That's why I prefer to go to the Sephora-in-JCP.  It is smaller and doesn't have anywhere as much stock as the freestanding Sephora, but the JCP cast members are a lot nicer and I always feel like I belong in there.

snowshoe

I remember when Sephora would be liberal with the samples:  I'd get at least one thrown in the bag, if not more, regardless of how much I spent.  But over the last year, that practice seems to have stopped.  

They have given me samples of something if I requested it though, but sometimes I feel weird asking. But that's just me.

lilyyy

(0) Hearts

I have always been given a sample if asking for one (if it was possible). Never once did the associate act like it was a bother. One of the favorite things about Sephora!

pinklissamel

I don't normally get samples unless I specifically ask a cast member for something. Took me a long time to figure this out. So I make sure I try to ask for things I want to try before I buy it. As for fiol samples packets I only get them in online orders, I have never been given any in stores. Not sure if that is a common practice or not. Hope this helps, Happy shopping and enjoy your new goodies!!!

keelybt

Hi Over60andfab, if there is anything you'd like to try feel free to ask a Cast Member to make you a sample :smileyhappy:

lilyyy

Did you ask for samples? As an introvert, I don't like asking but have to accept that people aren't mind readers.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 34 replies
  • 24 hearts
  • 27 in conversation
    • keelybt
    • DTalksAll
    • mberteig
    • spoiledbrat
    • obsessiveangel
    • lilyyy