Recommendation in the Boston area?

[ Edited ]

So I'm planning to visit some friends this Sat in the Boston area (weather permits, it is a long drive), and I'm kind of wondering does anyone have a favorite Sephora or Nordstrom in the area? Or any fun/good beauty events this weekend?

I will be coming in from the Natick Mall direction (my first Sephora, aww, and fav as of now).

Re: Recommendation in the Boston area?

(0) Hearts

Ok, one more question, has any of you ladies had a makeover appointment at any of the Boston locations?

My favorite Natick was super friendly and went the extra mile when I asked about stuff, but the Cambridgeside Galleria one could NOT care any less. I told one SA what mask is new/just came out and I want to try it, she referred me to the SkincareIQ machine and said it will answer my question. I then asked her what is her favorite mask, she told me everyone's different so what works for her won't work for me then referred me back to the SkincareIQ. I don't understand why she refuse to name a favorite product and keep referring me to this thing I can just do online. When I asked another SA if they have one of the perks left, she just looked at the register and said no. When I asked if she can check the backroom (because sometimes they DO find one or two stragglers for me) she just said nope, what you see is what they have. I don't know if it's cuz I went near closing time, but I would not want a makeover with anyone from that store.

Natick is a little far, so I was wondering if anyone's gotten a makeover from Braintree, Pru or Burlington before? 

[ Edited ]

Sorry, you know I can't speak of anywhere but Natick (and Nashua, NH).  I had the Personal Beauty Consultation at Natick and I've had makeovers in both places.  I really like both stores, and I thought the folks in Natick were pretty helpful Saturday considering how busy it was there.  I'm sorry Cambridgeside Galleria wasn't as nice; I've never been there.

I have not gotten any makeovers at Sephora, but the last time I was in the Pru location, I saw several people getting them and they were looking quite good. I would feel comfortable making an appointment for one there. Most of the time, I shop at Burlington and have always been treated very well there. Had a great experience recently with Joan at Chestnut Hill, too.

Out of curiosity, which ones did you visit? Natick to Cambridge is quite the haul to make.

(0) Hearts

I hate to say it, but the Galleria has gone downhill a bit since it first opened.

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

Ah, I met up with BTers for Natick, then met up with another group of friends who live near Cambridge and parked in the mall parking, so of course I dropped by the Sephora that's 50ft away. =)

Hmm, I kind of like the sound of Pru, and I know that when I see Sephora events in Boston half the time it's Pru. I think I'm taking my friend there nxt time there's an event there. Now then, wasn't there a free makeover for a friend card thing in the welcome package? hmmm, gonna go dig around......

(0) Hearts

If you don't find it (I don't think there was one for a friend) and you don't think you'll spend $50 between the two of you, let me know. I've got two certificates from older sets that included makeovers.  I've never used either because I always had a VIB offer or something else (and now I'm Rouge) and when I took my mom along we just ended up spending plenty to cover the fee.  So I could certainly share one of my certificates (and I even know where they are!)

You should definitely visit the Prudential Center which is on Boylston Street and super easy to get to with public transportation.  And while you are in that area, please take the time to visit the shops on Newbury Street, you won't regret it.  There are tons of cute boutiques there as well as some more well known stores (madewell, ann taylor, h&m, urban outfitters, anthropologie, etc.) that are amazing and theres some nice restaurants my personal favorite it joes (they have amazing macaroni and cheese).

I've seen the Braintree mall store mentioned here before. I've never been, but there are definite raves for the staff on BT.

I like the Burlington mall location, but it's a little bit out of the way if your friend is in downtown Boston.

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

There's a Nordstrom at South Shore Plaza in Braintree and one at the Burlington Mall in Burlington. Sephoras are everywhere! I use Burlington, Prudential (on Boylston St. downtown), Lynnfield (just over a month old), North Shore Mall in Peabody, and if you want to save on sales tax, the Rockingham Park Mall in Salem, NH! I know there are plenty of others on the south shore and in metro west, but I'm a north shore gal. I've had great luck in all of them. I don't think I've ever been treated badly at a Sephora. You might want to check out the Pru location as that is a very high end mall and there's a Saks, L&T and all sorts of great stores there.

Have fun — Boston is a great city to play in!

EDIT: I forgot about Cambridgeside Galleria, Chestnut Hill, and Legacy Place in Dedham. Chestnut Hill has great stores, too, and the parking is easier than downtown. But the Pru is a really fun place to see. If you don't get to the area much, I would opt for the Boston location (Pru). Kstrat is right, Newbury St is right around the corner and has great stores, restaurants and people watching!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 9 replies
  • 6 hearts
  • 5 in conversation