misscg

Poorly Stocked Sephora Stores

Although I prefer shopping in store as much as possible I find myself having to order online anyway because everything I want is OOS. This has happened on several occasions, at different locations, and even when there's not sale going on. And it's not like I'm looking for popular items like ambient blushes, the palette, or sets, its a single random eye shadow or primer. It's annoying and reflects bad on the store and my overall perception of shopping at sephora. Like not only can't I get anything of my rouge status but I can't even get the shadow i'm looking for? Guess I'm ranting but seriously some stores needs more stock, empty shelves are not attractive.

Crazy4Sephora1

Re: Poorly Stocked Sephora Stores

No offense, but if you truly want to see empty shelves, go into an Ulta.  It takes months to get products back on the shelves.

irenet

(0) Hearts

Maybe it's that particular store? In my Sephora everyone is polite and eager to help. I'm always asked several times if I need anything. While some products can be restock better than others, I have a pleasant experience. I'm also excited because a new Sephora is opening up and I plan to be there for the opening when everything is brand spanking new.

sephoramusthave

The stores around me are pretty much always out of the UD naked palettes but they usually have everything else that I'm looking for. On my last trip to Sephora though I wanted to get the Tarte blush in true love but they were out. I'm happy about that though because I went online and read Temptalias review on it and it got a pretty bad score. I changed my mind and will be getting the shade natural beauty instead. Apparently, all the newer shades are a different formula, and they aren't the same quality. Tarte was sold to a different company, and it looks like the quality of product went down.

AlwaysGlamorous

(0) Hearts

I had NO idea Tarte was bought out! VERY interesting....

realitygreene

I have the same problem with the Sephora and SJCP near me, but more so with Ulta. The LORAC Pro palette has been out of stock at BOTH Ulta's near me for over S-I-X months. I don't want to order it online because I'm terrified of it breaking and having to send it back and get another. Also, it's not a priority right now, so I've made a little game with myself. I'll pop into Ulta about once or twice a week and check if it's in stock (hasn't been so far) and if it is then I'll get it as a treat since I don't buy high end makeup regularly. I find it kind of amusing right now, but for the first month or so I was livid.

I definitely agree with beachyt. I wish Sephora had the option to pick up in store. I'm terrified of placing an online order on Sephora because of a bad experience last fall. Also, I enjoy the instant gratification. Sucks because there are a few items on my wishlist that are online only - the NARS And God Created the Woman set, Hourglass Ambient Lighting palette (which will be available in store in June but I don't want to wait that long and I bet it will be out of stock in store for a long while), and a few other random items.

rastika

(0) Hearts

Thanks Meagboho. It's definately not ideal. :smileysad: I just hate spending extra for shipping, so I rarely make online purchases.

rastika

(0) Hearts

wow Kalex, I've never had that experience at all!

Everyone in my store, from the SA's to the Manager act like they can't be bothered to help me! I've come in looking for specific items, after having checked online that the product was in stock at my store, only to hunt around on my own and still not find it. When I asked a sales associate about it, she barely looked at me and said "I don't know what you're talking about. Buy it online"

I can't stand the rudeness and disinterest I get from the employees at my local store. It's the only Sephora in the whole flippin state too! They seriously need retraining in customer service.

meagboho

Wow....I don't think I would EVER go.  I've had a good experience at all 3 Sephoras I've been to...sorry to hear the only store near you is so subpar!

aviscardi

(0) Hearts

Online too though. becca opal highlighter has been OOS for like a month!! i went to my store which was out the same time and its still not there

beachyt

I don't understand why Sephora hasn't implemented systems like Macy's, Nordstrom's, etc where they order an item and have it shipped to your house if they don't have it in stock in stores, or where you can either do in-store pickup or have something shipped to your store for pickup. I think they do a good job of finding new brands and products everyone wants, but in terms of technology they're so behind. :smileysad: I have two Sephoras within 12 miles so one usually has an item if the other one doesn't but it's an impossible nightmare anytime there's a sale or holiday event.

weeeeweeeeeee

(0) Hearts

Once, I was at my Sephora buying something (can't remember what), but they were OOS, so the SA gave me an online free shipping code for the item. I thought that was realy nice, but the code was invalid. LOL

kalex

Sephora SAs will place an order for you online (with free shipping regardless of $ amount) if the item you want isn't in-store.  

I'm really surprised the SA gave you a code instead of just placing the order for you.  Before I was Rouge and got free shipping for any purchase I placed an online order in-store a handful of times.

sn22

(0) Hearts

I only have one sephora near me, excluding the SiJcp, and I've had this happen to me on various occasions too. Ian the kind of person that loves instant gratification lol, so sometimes it sucks when things are OOS but oh well. I still like going to the store to see things in person. 

heatherbee

I usually go to the stores to test products, swatch them, that kind of thing.  I like to order them because of promo codes :smileyvery-happy:  It's usually online that's out of stock for me, go figure!

andyhtrieu

[ Edited ]

I went to 2 Sephora stores multiple times within a month and they didn't have the NARS foundation pump. The employees kept telling me to check back in a couple of days when they receive their shipment and they STILL didn't have the pump. I gave up and went to a NARS counter instead.

And I have that same problem whenever I go to Target or Walmart looking for something. They're always out of stock of the one thing that I need most. And they never receive shipment! I visit the nearest Target once or twice a week every week AND IT'S STILL OUT OF STOCK. It literally looks like no one even touches the shelves. 

tumblr_lgfyjaqRg61qcwsd8o1_400.gif

yp6XhNT.gif

misscg

(0) Hearts

Lmao I almost had a moment like that in the store. Each thing on my list OOS, so I asked an associate to help me find something similar and ended up ordering it anyway. 

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 16 replies
  • 23 hearts
  • 15 in conversation
    • kalex
    • sephoramusthave
    • misscg
    • aviscardi
    • weeeeweeeeeee
    • rastika