pinktorridora

My local JCP is getting a Sephora!! What to expect?

I'm soooooo excited that my local JCP is getting a Sephora!!! Can you ladies let me know what I can expect from this new location? I've never been inside a Sephora in JCP...

ellevee09

Re: My local JCP is getting a Sephora!! What to expect?

(0) Hearts

my local SiJCP is, like everyone says, a lot smaller but I really enjoy that. sometimes I get super overwhelmed with the actually Sephora store that its so hard to actually see what i'm really there for. I always get distracted.

With the SiJCP, for me, it's more personal. The SA there are super nice and friendly. They already know me which feels good and they're ALWAYS wanting to help and take their time. I like going during the mornings after I leave my daughter at her Learning center. Its relaxing and I really get to try out some brands closely.

Also, I've noticed that online, some items say "online only -exclusives" but I've found them in store at my local JCP. Hope this helps. I think you'll really enjoy it. :smileywink:

:heart:

midnightangel

(0) Hearts

It's Sephora but smaller. Like a mini Sephora. Smaller/fewer selections of everything. And the music is always something completely different than what's playing in the rest of the store. Except MNG...the MNG section is usually playing the same music as Sephora.

Emeraldlight

(0) Hearts

The JCP Sephora stores that I have visited are so much smaller than regular Sephora stores. I do agree that it's nice they exist, but I prefer shopping at a much bigger location. I feel a bit boxed in at the stores in a JCP.

What I noticed is they don't carry as a many skin care products, especially the higher end ones. Also the sales people seem to have a lot of free time on their hands!

There is one mall I shop at that has a Sephora and a JCP Sephora insider the store.

One nice thing is that I can use my JCP Credit card at this store. 

Keep in mind if you decide to return a product purchased at a JCP location, and you return it to a regular Sephora store, they will issue you an in store credit.

JGSFLA

(0) Hearts

The JCP near me sells a lot of stuff that Sephora no longer sells like Cargo products which i love :smileyhappy:

BB07

(0) Hearts

The nearest Sephora within JCP closest to me is great! It is a tad bit smaller than the usual Sephora store standing on it's own (like many have said) but it still can get the job done. Also, if you come across any old JCP gift cards, or have money left on a JCP gift card that you can't get rid of, you can use it in the Sephora store! I personally love that accepting JCP gift cards is an option! 

latinadiva

(0) Hearts

I personally love my SiJCP. I honestly think of that and my regular Sephora store as two different stores, even though they're both in the same mall.

As others have mentioned, SiJCP doesn't carry a full line of products. In terms of makeup, mine has the Sephora collection, MUFE, Lorac (which my full store doesn't carry anymore), Too Faced, Tarte, Urban Decay, Anastasia, Buxom, Josie Maran, NARS, Benefit, Stila, Kat Von D and Bare Minerals.

What I like about the SiJCP is that sometimes they have things before my Sephora store. For example, I kept waiting and waiting for the Too Faced Pretty Rebel palette, my store said they were in stock but they didn't have them, so I stopped at the SiJCP and they did. I find that new products in those brands end up showing up at the SiJCP before the full store. I also find they have different point perks, which like others have said, sometimes they are older things, but sometimes I don't mind that because it's something I didn't get that then everyone has said is great so I get another chance to try it. As everyone else mentioned too they also usually have different sale items which is nice! I definitely run into more brand name items on clearance at SiJCP. Not that it is often, but the Sephora store usually has just Sephora Collection items on sale, at least mine does, which is nice but it's nice to run into the occasional name brand item too. I've also found they have some things that are exclusive SiJCP sets that a full Sephora doesn't have.

In terms of returns, the only difference is that you can't take something you bought in a SiJCP back to a Sephora store and vice versa. You have to return items you bought at SiJCP back there and items from a full Sephora store back to a full Sephora store. I have had my full Sephora store return something I bought at a SiJCP as if I had no receipt, which is how I then found out that is how the returns worked, but it was nice of them to help since the item was shattered and the SiJCP had no more.

All in all, I truly treat them as two different stores! And fun fact, when you want any of the Black Friday goodies from Sephora, I always go to SiJCP first. They don't run out as fast!! ENJOY IT!

melde

(0) Hearts

They always seem to have great sale items! Sometimes I pop into the SiJCP (even though there is a regular Sephora in my mall) just to look in the sale section.... :smileyhappy:

mafan

(0) Hearts

I really like my SiJCP store!  I think everyone in there is helpful, friendly, and knowledgeable.  If the store isn't busy they give you lots of time if you want help and gladly make samples.  They're also the one store that almost always puts a sample in my bag, even if it's store made.  Twice they've even said on checkout, "oh, you're VIB, we have this for you".  Once was a VIB Clutch from last year, about a month after the promotion, and once was a Buxom promo I never saw anywhere else.  I have no idea why, but I'll take it!

I also think the SiJCP has a much, much better sale section.  The one in the mall that has a free standing Sephora isn't as helpful as the other one I go to, but they still have great sales.  Actually, they're dangerous -- I picked up 2 perfume value sets at great sale prices; both well under the retail price of the perfume alone; one was less than 1/2 price!  I think because the store is small when new stock comes in they need to clear older stuff out more quickly, so I've found all kinds of things in their sale section.  I browse through just to check that out!

Yes, they don't have every brand, but they have a lot of staples.  I do wish that the find in store feature worked there.  SiJCP isn't that far out of my way to/from work and it would be great to know if they had things without having to go elsewhere.

pinktorridora

(0) Hearts

Thanks, ladies! I'm excited to see if this new store will carry what I need!

michmo

(0) Hearts

I guess it would depend if there are particular brands you need/want.  I find pretty my SiJCP has pretty much everything I want in store.  

On the few things that they may not carry, I just place an online order. 

While it doesn't have as much as the stand alone store, it's a really fun place to stop to explore some of the products that they do carry.  

And for me it's really nice because I LOVE Lorac products and they are only in the SiJCP stores.  

BlushHoarder

Don't expect the level of perks of the full size store.

They often don't know what is happening with Sephora (ex: when does VIB Rouge take effect, when will x product be in stock, are you all honoring friends and family??? ect.) So be you need to continue to be aware of what is happening and may often need to inform them.

They also often don't get the releases as soon as the regular store.

small perk --- they accept JCP Gift Cards :smileyhappy:

Londonlover101

(0) Hearts

basically the jcpenney will be just like any other store but with the Sephora in the middle, you will probably get about the same range of products as you do any regular Sephora but with the access of jcp!

DTalksAll

(0) Hearts

My SiJCP and most other's I've been to have nowhere near the same range of products that a free standing store does! No hair products (like NONE, 0, zip...) a handful of perfume, and only 4-5 skin care lines. And just standard makeup lines (Sephora, MUFE, Too Faced, Bare Minerals, Urban Decay, Kat Von D, Lorac, Benefit) No Hourglass, Becca, NARS, YSL, Laura Mercier... 

LCResz

(0) Hearts

I like the SiJCP in my area. The best part is that the sample sets are usually different and products that are exclusive to SiJCP, like a recent do-it-yourself sample kit, which was awesome. 

ChicDabbler

As others said, it's smaller, but sometimes there's more possibility the products are instock. Sometimes it also have different products/points perks that free standing Sephoras don't have. For example, I got a mini of Benefit moisturizer SPF15 as the 100pts perk, which I've never seen online/instore. And they had a pick 5 deluxe mini skincare for $$ in a little bag or something.

Candy357

(0) Hearts

They are pretty small and have a few products.
But it's better than nothing right?

DTalksAll

(0) Hearts

The closest one out if 4 Sephoras is a SiJSP. I try to avoid it unless I really need something ASAP. Mine has 0 hair products, limited skin care, and just a few makeup brands. The girls there know nothing about Sephora; I stopped in there the first day of Chic Week (the VIB preview day) & the cast member wouldn't give me the samples because I forgot the card & she wouldn't accept it on my phone. I told her the sale started a day early for VIB's & she said anyone could use it that day (wrong, it was VIB preview day) & I had my VIB card & the e-mail on my phone. Then she tells me anyone who spends $500 in a year qualifies for VIB. I corrected her & she got angry that I knew more about her company than she does. There are some nice Cast Members there, but I don't know their schedules. 

Also, the "find in store" feature doesn't work for SiJCP, so I always call if I'm looking for something specific. Usually LE stuff hangs out longer than in a regular store, so that's a plus. 

The pt perks are never up to date. In May mine had the NARS set that was out last November. 

Oh, one last thing... they are terrible with returns & adding points. They have to do it all manually, and sometimes they'll mess it up. The only time I get attitude for returns is at SiJCP, and if it's from an on-line order with a receipt... forget it! It takes them a while to type it all in. Make sure you ask for it on the card you paid with or cash. Their gift cards can't be used on-line or at other stores. 

miabt

(0) Hearts

Hi pinktorridora,

How exciting!  While I love my free standing Sephora, I also love that I have the option of visiting the SiJCP at the same mall.  While it is smaller and carries less brands than a free standing store, I find it is less crowded & sometimes has more items that I am looking for since the free standing store was bombarded & sold out.  I hope you enjoy your new store :smileyhappy:

xo, Mia

sugarluvv

(0) Hearts

Its smaller then a regular sephora store but they do carry many popular brands like too faced, benefit, ud. 

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 19 replies
  • 3 hearts
  • 18 in conversation
    • DTalksAll
    • pinktorridora
    • ChicDabbler
    • mafan
    • latinadiva
    • miabt