kittichick

Missing part of Ulta order - Warning: Moderate Venting

[ Edited ]

I'm normally a pretty big Ulta defender. The store near me typically has very good customer service and, although they don't carry many of my favorite brands, they do carry many I do like and - here's the big thing - they have some seriously awesome GWPs. And I am a total sucker for GWPs.

Thus was the case last week when I got an email from Ulta advertising a huge 24-piece GWP (!!) with $150 purchase, only for Platinum members. Holy - 24 pieces!! Here's a pic from the email:

Ulta's 24pc GWP.PNG

So I get it. Or rather, I order over $150 worth of products and add it to my order. Because - seriously, that's a huge GWP!! I was so psyched!

Until today when I get the order and it's not there. IT'S NOT THERE!! ::insert string of expletives here::

I called Ulta and they're all out of them. They will send me a gift card to make up for it, which is nice, but if this GWP is actually worth the $300 the email claims, I can't imagine a gift card big enough to compensate for it. And the fact that this was the first cool perk for being a Platinum member I've received, I'm particularly bummed.

I know in the grand scheme of things, this is a teeeeeeeeny tiny event. But dang it... I felt the need to vent. And I figured some of you guys would understand the PAIN. :smileyvery-happy:

ETA: Over 24 hours later and I still haven't heard back/ received the email with the compensatory gift card. Maaaaybe it's because they need to jump through some extra hoops to send me a big enough gift card! /pollyanna

redwagon44

Re: Missing part of Ulta order - Warning: Moderate Venting

Omg. I would be livid!!!

kittichick

OH. Mygod. I just received the compensatory gift card. It is for $15. !!! Hell. No. I'm so complaining about this. Except I can't right now because it's 9pm on Friday night. 

AAARRRRGGGGGGGG!!! :smileymad:

lovinglondon

Yeah, no. I'd be returning everything. 

You shouldn't be allowed to add something to your cart if it's not available. Not good Ulta 

crayzeeRN

Wow. That is seriously lame. I'm sorry, I would definitely be complaining too!

butterblume

I'm so sorry that happened to you Kitti! I'd be so upset too, after spending such a large amount of money to be told you can't have what you spent it for. I hope they make it up to you properly. Keep us updated!

kittichick

Thank you, butterblume! :smileyhappy: I will post whatever happens. As soon as I hear from Ulta. Which should have happened by now. ... Grr...

Heatoyos1

I'd be so upset! It's understandable: that's a lot of money and a nice GWP. :smileysad:

kittichick

(0) Hearts

Right? Urg. I'm getting all annoyed again.

missrobin

That's why you should stick with Sephora, hun ;-)

Been ordering here for over 10 years, and that's never happened.  If they are out, they substitute in the same order. 

butterblume

I am not sure how this comment is relevant, given that Sephora didn't offer this particular GWP, and it was the GWP that motivated the OP to make her purchase at Ulta.

Had she purchased the same products at Sephora, she still wouldn't have gotten this particular GWP.

kittichick

Good point!! 

Seriously. I love Sephora ( as evidenced by my being here on BT and my compulsive need to check in on the site every day), but they just don't offer GWPs like this. They offer some great ones, certainly. But not this huge.

redwagon44

Lol, count yourself lucky! I've had several orders where samples were entirely left out. 

MicheleRan

This kind of thing irritates me so much. We are in the day and age of COMPUTERS. They are this fabulous invention where you can input the number of GWPs that are available, and then subtract one each time someone makes an order. Then, there is NO RISK of "running out" or over-ordering. I hate when companies use this excuse that "the inventory isn't accurate", how is that even possible?? Target literally told me once that if the website says "2 or 3 available" that means "0". THEN PUT ZERO. I don't get it.

kittichick

Everything you say is totally true. But in this case, I'm pretty sure they weren't OOS (I ordered as soon as the promo came out, as in within an hour or two - and it was listed on my shipping order and packing slip.) I'm pretty sure whoever packed my order just screwed up.

AmyRai

(0) Hearts

They're the worst. I would return everything I ordered.

kittichick

(0) Hearts

Well. Except that I actually want that stuff. I just want the giant GWP too! :smileyhappy:

CuriousCannibal

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

This reminds me of the time I ordered something from Victorias Secret, specifically for a really nice bag you get for free with a particularly large purchase (fairly certain it was around 150.)

Ordered a few things I didn't "need", got the bag...A few days later I got an email saying it shipped, email stated that the bag was included....only to see that I DIDN'T get the bag when it finally arrived.

I was furious, and all customer service would do is say "It's first come first served."

*le sigh*

I feeeeeeeeeel your pain.

heartsmyface

I would be peeved and wanting yo return the purchases I made in order to get the GWP!  That's not cool! Especially since you were able to order it.  They should tell you before checkout if it's available. 

pinktorridora

I would most certainly be returning things that you ordered but didn't need. I know we are all guilty of adding things to our shopping cart to qualify for a GWP... :smileyhappy:

kittichick

(0) Hearts

Weeeelll... what I need when it comes to beauty is sort of nebulous. I don't need most of it. Technically. ... I guess. But there were a couple things I decided to try out this time around that I wouldn't have done without that gwp, so... yeah. I may return one or two of those.

Loretta55

I placed another order earlier today because of the GWP 5 piece Bare Mineral Set. I thought that because my last order got me to platinum status that I would receive triple points but I only received double points. I guess once I receive my newest order I will contact Ulta CS to have the problem fixed. BTW my samples in my last order included a mini Mario Badescu eye cream.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 62 replies
  • 89 hearts
  • 33 in conversation
    • lovinglondon
    • emmaclaire
    • missrobin
    • Mystiques
    • tbuss
    • pinktorridora