nebel

Let your customers know about your Charity Partners!

[ Edited ]

Finally got to check out the brand NEW, renovated store in Bridgewater, NJ. Beautiful! Anyway, as I was checking out I noticed a pouch up by the register with a tag that said "You + Sephora Making our communities more beautiful" Inside was a gold glitter eyeliner, a lip gloss, and a nail polish. I LOVE buying things when proceeds go to charity, and because I do a lot of animal rescue, Sephora's recent partnerships with local charities has sort of been on my radar. I think it is really fabulous (especially when they invite the shelter pets!) Anyway, because I already knew that Sephora does stuff like this I kind of grilled the girl behind the register until I got basic info: what charity, how much $$ goes to the charity... She wasn't able to answer, and another employee had to come to her aid. (St. Hubert's for Animal Welfare, $13 out of each $20 kit goes to the charity!) My suggestion is this: PLEASE have this information posted and visible for customers to see!! If i hadn't been nosy and asked, I never would have known! Personally, I am so much more likely to make a purchase if it is for a good cause- I bet other people are too! Make sure all sales associates know about the charity (I know it is a new store, so maybe they are new employees, so I'm not as worried about that) but it would be so so simple to just put out a sign with the Charity information out by the bags. I know from my own experiences that the $13 that will go to the animal hospital is enough for a much needed vaccination for a pet waiting for his or her furever home- that's huge! Anyway, I would personally LOVE to see Sephora put a little more stress/training on this aspect, because i think it is really a wonderful thing to do!.  (Oh, and I totally bought the kitimage.jpg

mafan

Re: Let your customers know about your Charity Partners!

BTW, if you want to see the charity that your local store has chosen, click on the "Sephora Gives Back" link at the bottom of every page.  Then you can choose the state and town for each store and see a link to the charity that they're supporting.

nebel

(0) Hearts

Awesome! I didn't know about this!!! Thank you for sharing! :smileyhappy:

starletta8

(0) Hearts

Thanks for the info!!

DTalksAll

I didn't see it at the store opening, but I do donate to St Huberts regularly & took my parent's dog there for puppy training. Great organization! 

nebel

I know a lot of people who have adopted through them.  I know the Sephora at Menlo Park partners with the Woodbridge Animal Shelter.  Not sure of the charities at other localish stores (Short Hills, Freehold) but it would be fun to find out!!!

mafan

I saw them at the Natick, MA store on Saturday, but I didn't really notice until after I had checked out. There was no sign about price or charity info there, either. The person who checked me out didn't know the contribution amount and had to check. I agree that they need more info and training. 

The woman working there didn't tell me the charity, either. I knew it was "Cradles to Crayons" which does a lot of work making sure kids have all kinds of needs supplied, but the people in the store should know more. 

ellevee09

This is great information!!! Thanks for letting us all know. :smileyhappy:

mxcx

Wow, this is fantastic! I haven't seen this at my local Sephora yet, but I'll definitely keep an eye out and nab a set as soon as I do. (: This is definitely for a great cause, and the products in there look pretty good to serve as an added incentive. Plus 13$ out of 20$ is a pretty big chunk, and I applaud Sephora for being so generous! Those stores who donate 3% or something make me really sad because it's such a small percentage. ):

Thanks so much for sharing!

voxover

Love your suggestion!

I wish Sephora would do more stuff with more under-discussed causes. I'd love to buy something that goes toward building micro-economies or economic opportunities for women, fair trade products, clean water developments in under-sourced areas, or domestic violence shelters/resource-allocation to name a few.

I don't mean this as a criticism though. Sephora has one of the best and most user-friendly websites I've seen and an avid fanbase to boot. Adding some information and more diverse charitable causes could potential create a lot of impact and awareness.

nebel

(0) Hearts

I agree with your suggestions on charities! there are SO MANY worthy causes! Something involving uplifting women would be really wonderful.  I believe each store chooses its own local charity, so maybe some of the stores DO support the causes you've suggested.  I would love it if we could make a list, or there could be a list up on the website!!!

pinklissamel

Oh wow what a great opportunity. I will have to see of they have that at my store. Love this idea they definately should publicize this far and wide!!!

nebel

(0) Hearts

From what I have heard each store chooses its own community charity.  I'd be interested in knowing what other groups different Sephora stores help out!  Please let us know about your store! 

starletta8

That's great information- and a wonderful suggestion.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 13 replies
  • 17 hearts
  • 8 in conversation
    • DTalksAll
    • mafan
    • ellevee09
    • starletta8
    • nebel
    • pinklissamel