theonegoof

Is the Consultation Worth it?

I am going to the Sephora in Memorial City Mall, and I was wondering if yall found the consultation services worth it?

Thanks! :smileyhappy:

theonegoof

Re: Is the Consultation Worth it?

The makeover is just getting your makeup done how you want it by a professional. Not a custom 90-min consultation. Of course the color I-Q is always complementary. :smileyhappy: 

Shanney54

(0) Hearts

Is the complimentary makeover from the VIB welcome kit like the makeup consultation?

theonegoof

(0) Hearts

Thanks for all the great information!

Is there anyone you would recommend at the Rice Village location?

Thanks!

missrmessner

I've only been to Rice Village once for some help with skincare and they were very nice and gave me a lot of samples to try. I don't really like Memorial City, but I work close to it, so I frequent my lunch hours there. Plus, there's a SiJCP across the way, and they are very nice!

missrmessner

And I try to stay away from the Galleria AT ALL COSTS! But I did go to a Rouge event there, and everyone was super helpful and I got some great product recs. I'm not sure if they're always that great or if they were just on their game because it was a Rouge event.

quotidianus

Never really liked the Memorial City Mall location, nor the 'advice' I got there.  If you can, go to Rice Village.  I also think they have a better selection ... well, at least when I lived there!

mafan

This comment made me want to add, what you get out of the consult depends on what you need and who you work with. If you're not looking for "the best/latest of everything" then a smaller store is not good. If you can find a good consultant, then some of it doesn't matter. If you can pay for it with a gift card, that is best. Ask for samples of any/everything you think you might want. See how well you manage to apply things that you can get as samples and go back later to get what you liked with your gift card. 

mafan

I'm in MA so I can't speak for your stores. I'm also VIB Rouge, so I have had both Custom Makeup Applications and Personal Beauty Consultations without really worrying about the cost. 

That said, I have. ALWAYS been happy with my services. And as someone older (50) who really only started using makeup two years ago, I have learned alot. (And obviously spent alot, too :smileyhappy: )

For the $50 makeup consultation, you should expect someone to have you walk out with how your makeup looks. I usually go in not wearing makeup, since most makeup removal makes my redness worse in the short term. I sometimes ask to try specific things or to avoid looks I know I don't like. And if they try something and I don't like it, I've gotten much better at letting them know. 

For the $125 Personal Beauty Consultation, my store has a reserved spot. I had a questionaire before I want and  my consultant had the tester and a purchase version of what she thought I would like. As we talked she also grabbed other things to use. I am biased because I do visit this store a lot, but I felt like I had great attention and myconsultant recognized me last weekend when I was there. She said I could ask questions later and I have one I will send soon. For that service you should expect skincare and makeup consultation. 

If your store lets you buy a gift card for the service price,which you can spend then or later, I think at a good store it is worth the service.  I am older (50) and never really used makeup, so every bit of good help in the store has been invaluable. 

nikki

(0) Hearts

Does the Personal Beauty Consultation come free to Rouges too? I'm curious about those.

mafan

Yes, it definitely does. And I felt no pressure to buy anything. The last time I was in the store I chatted with the consultant who said I should make another appointment any time I wanted to try something because I'm Rouge and it's part of my benefit. 

nikki

(0) Hearts

Awesome, I might have to do one just to see what it's all about. Maybe in the fall to get a new fall look, since I already splurged on the spring lines.

theonegoof

(0) Hearts

Sorry, forgot to add that I am in Houston, Texas. :smileyhappy:

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 12 replies
  • 10 hearts
  • 6 in conversation
    • nikki
    • mafan