andavis14

In-Store Beauty Makeovers! Questions

I was thinking about going to a Sephora and getting one of the makeovers...Can anyone tell me how it works?

I don't want them to put horrible makeup that's not my style on and then I be persuaded to buy it. I just want a killer make over where I can try to products I want to buy and be given advice on what looks best and application techniques? Any advice??

bombshell30

Re: In-Store Beauty Makeovers! Questions

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

Lilly28- you should just be able to spend your 50$ giftcard! :smileyhappy:  The idea is that you walk away from your makeover with 50$ in purchases. Sounds to me like you are good to go! Hopefully one of the Mods will let you know for sure!

Lilly28

(0) Hearts

I already have my $50 gift card. Could I use it for the makeover or do I have to buy another card the day of the makeover?

Katieeep101

(0) Hearts

Where do I call or sign up for a makeover? I want to do this from my Prom in two weeks!

dianabt

Hello andavis14, 

You are so welcome to visit one of our local stores for a full makeup consultation or express service. You can learn more about them by clicking here, and I recommend contacting your local store directly for setting up an appointment to have a full consult and experience in store.  This is a great way to try out the right skincare, makeup and colors that will work best for the type of look you are searching for, as well as the best way to enhance your natural beauty. 

Beauty Studio * The place for one-on-one beauty sessions with our experts

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana
makeupobesessed

(0) Hearts

I really want to go in and get a make over done...

emmielou

I've done this a couple of times!! It's a $50 gift card f...

I've done this a couple of times!! It's a $50 gift card for a full face makeover, but that means you can wear the makeup around for the rest of the day, take home any samples you picked up and try them out. The other thing is you can get the full face makeover, then go back in and get the free in-studio express services to see another variation on the eyes or the cheeks or the lips. I did this for my wedding makeup(this year in may they gave VIBs a freebie) and went back a couple of times to try a couple different eye looks. Definitely worth your time!! Try to pick an off-peak time, when the staff isn't quite as busy (ie: not a Saturday afternoon), and they'll be able to answer all of your questions, offer you more samples, etc.
mary1954

Re: I've done this a couple of times!! It's a $50 gift card f...

(0) Hearts

What do you mean by saying its a $50 gift card ? Does it cost $50 for a makeover?

andavis14

Mary - from what I was told before you start you purchase a $50 gift card (obligating you to spend $50 in Sephora) and then your make over is "free". Even though you are paying the $50 - it's a really good deal because you get to spend the $50 on YOU :smileyhappy:

If you were planning on buying new stuff anyway you are very likely to spend more than $50 so what's the difference ya know. :smileyhappy:

miabt

(0) Hearts

@Katieeep101 - We suggest giving your local Sephora a call to book your appointment :smileyhappy:  Their contact number can be found here> http://www.sephora.com/beautystudio.  Enjoy your prom!!

xo, Mia

andavis14

(0) Hearts
That sounds awesome! Thanks so much for your help - I've never had one done before.
bhagarbly

So if I sign up for a makeover, I get a $50.00 gift card?  Please tell me more

dianabt

(0) Hearts

Hello @bhagarbly, when you set up an appointment you are usually required to purchase a $50 gift card for the time and services you are given and in turn, you can spend that $50 gift card on any items you may have liked or want to pick up that were used doing your consult. Hope this explains it a bit better for you. :smileyhappy:

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 12 replies
  • 8 hearts
  • 10 in conversation
    • emmielou
    • mary1954
    • bhagarbly
    • dianabt
    • bombshell30