sophiieee

I'm unable to do anything with this item now

[ Edited ]

s1154897-main-hero.jpgA while ago I was in line at a Sephora store and I spotted this product. I took one and took it to the register, not knowing they came in pairs, and the cashier told me to go back and grab another one to complete the pair, and I paid the $15 for it. When I got home, I realized that one of them is half empty. I later learned that they are usually sold in packs of 2, packaged together. The ones I bought from the store were all separate and were probably already used by people in the store. I don't have the receipt anymore and I'm unable to return this product because it is half empty and also not in the original packaging. I tried explaining this to the cashier but she would not take back the product. I understand that they think I might be lying, but I would still like something done about this. I have a product that's already used and no way to return it for my money back. Does anyone know what I can do?

Londonlover101

Re: I'm unable to do anything with this item now

(0) Hearts

aw im sorry to hear that :smileysad: usually when I go to Sephora the checkout line carries copious amounts of wonderful products along with the evian which with the amount you bought is supposed to be packaged together in cellophane to insure safety that no one has messed with it. I suggest talking to one of the beauty experts as they are employee's and for sure will know what to do. Im sorry for your convenience and I hope you get your money back, good luck and have a nice day :smileyhappy:

sophiieee

(0) Hearts

Thanks for your advice and you too! 

janinebt

(0) Hearts

Hi sophiieee,

I would highly recommend contacting the store that you purchased the products from to explain the situation. It sounds like you may have accidentally grabbed two testers. They shouldn't have a problem accommodating you with two replacements. 

Whimsically yours,
Janine
sophiieee

(0) Hearts

Thank you, I'm visiting the store soon :smileyhappy:

jaimelove

and besides, sephora's return policy is that you can return anything, even if it's half empty! she was out of line. i'd try again, and if she or anyone else won't take it, just ask to speak to a supervisor and remind them of their return policy.

sophiieee

Okay thanks! this situation was out of the ordinary for me :/

melissa93

(0) Hearts

That's odd. I've returned products without the packaging and no receipt before. They just took my i.d. and gave me the refund using store credit. 

sophiieee

(0) Hearts

Yeah, I've done that too. that's why this situation confused me.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 8 replies
  • 4 hearts
  • 5 in conversation
    • melissa93
    • janinebt
    • sophiieee
    • jaimelove
    • Londonlover101
Photos1