How much does it cost to get my makeup done at Sephora?

(0) Hearts

I want to get my makeup done for a concert. I want the makeup to be kinda crazy to!

Will Sephora do this? How much does it cost?

Thnaks!

Re: How much does it cost to get my makeup done at Sephora?

(0) Hearts

I made an appointment for 6pm because there aren't any other earlier times. But my prom starts at 6:30pm and it takes 30 minutes to get to the prom location

(0) Hearts

If i want to get my makeup done at sephora. Do i have to purchase the products they will use on me or they can be any products $50 dollars worth?

@cierrarenee3 they can be any products!

(0) Hearts

how much would it cost if I wanted to get my makeup done for grad???

(0) Hearts

If you're looking to do the full makeover then it's "free" with a $50 purchase unless you're VIB Rouge, in which case it's free.

(0) Hearts

how much is it for a make over my birthday is coming up

(0) Hearts

@kaybeautiful Technically the makeover is free, but you have to purchase at least $50 worth of products.

(0) Hearts

how much is it for sephora to do your make over

(0) Hearts

Where do i book an appointment?

(0) Hearts

(0) Hearts

I have my birthday coming up, but im more than capable of doing my own makeup.Until it comes to fake eyelashes I can never get them on.Would sephora put them on for me if I bought a pair from the store?

(0) Hearts

Yes, they do! It is one of the Express Beauty Services. Enjoy your b-day.

(0) Hearts

Hi, Do they do hair touch or anything on hair?

(0) Hearts

They can fluff and revive your hair with some product, but it wouldn't be legal for them to "do" your hair as they are not properly licensed.

(0) Hearts

I've booked an appointment online for a 45min makeover a couple of times and did a few things that I have found helped my visit go smoothly and left with a look I was happy with;

1.) The notes section when I booked my appointment online was a good place to put a bit of detail on why I was coming in and where I was going with my makeup on after - in my situation I was going to social +work events. I also noted that I'd like to do false eyelashes.

2.) I pinned all kinds of different looks and eventually narrowed things down, so when I showed up at Sephora for my makeover appt. I just had to sign in with the store wifi and pull up the images on pinterest so that the MUA had a visual example of what I was looking for. It's hard to make a customer happy if you're having to first attempt to figure out what they're describing, what it will look like, and then find the products that are needed. Yes, you have to be realistic about what you will look like when you leave - kind of like when you go in to a hair salon with black hair and want to be a platinum blonde without damaging your hair at all. Recreating a look identical to one where the model is tanned and has black hair with brown eyes may not be ideal for the person who is fair with blue eyes and blonde hair.

It's never been difficult for me to spend $50 in product at my appointments, it's been harder to stay within the max amount limit that my budget allows. Smiley Happy

(0) Hearts

Do you have to provide your own falsies or do you purchase them?

(0) Hearts

Go to Mac their people are fantastic at applying makeup. Sephora not so great. Been there done that.

[ Edited ]

Mostly I agree --- MAC hires makeup artists who can sell. Sephora hires salespeople with an interest in makeup.

Still, not all trained artists are *good* artists and many are very green or they'd be working in the industry, not at MAC. So, when you go to MAC, it helps to look for someone with similar skintone and/or face shape to yours or who share other concerns you have. (In my case, I have hooded lids that inexperienced artists w/ non-hooded lids can never do a look on that does not either age me or just look so bad as to be depressing and laughable. And do not get me started on young brunettes who have not ever applied makeup to a redhead before. Things can go sideways FAST. I went to makeup school and we all sat as face models for each other and a cpl girls who graduated with me always made me look terrible. A certificate does not = experience.)

You want to feel *good* when you leave, so do not just go to the person who looks the best. Being able to rock their own look does not automatically mean they can rock one on you!

Ask questions, do not be afraid to tell them what you are looking for and if they do not act confident when faced with your request, ask if they have ever done something like this before. Lots of folks get intimidated by makeup and are too shy with their MUA. And, sadly, that often results in a look that is not what you are hoping for.

(0) Hearts

I NEED A FREE MAKEOVER--- WITHOUT PAYING $50 !!! MY 16TH BIRTHDAY IS COMING UP I JANUARY AND I WANT TO LOOK GORGEOUS. I'LL PROBABLY GET $100, AND I DON'T FEEL LIKE SPENDING HALF OF IT ON MAKEUP, OR WHATEVER... PLEASE HELP!

my 35th birthday is coming up in january and i want to look gorgeous.  i'll probably get nothing and i don't feel like putting my hand in my own pocket to pay for makeup or whatever - haha!! who am i kidding?!?! i totally wanna buy makeup!!!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats