How much does it cost to get my makeup done at Sephora?

(0) Hearts

I want to get my makeup done for a concert. I want the makeup to be kinda crazy to!

Will Sephora do this? How much does it cost?

Thnaks!

Re: How much does it cost to get my makeup done at Sephora?

(0) Hearts

I've booked an appointment online for a 45min makeover a couple of times and did a few things that I have found helped my visit go smoothly and left with a look I was happy with;

1.) The notes section when I booked my appointment online was a good place to put a bit of detail on why I was coming in and where I was going with my makeup on after - in my situation I was going to social +work events. I also noted that I'd like to do false eyelashes.

2.) I pinned all kinds of different looks and eventually narrowed things down, so when I showed up at Sephora for my makeover appt. I just had to sign in with the store wifi and pull up the images on pinterest so that the MUA had a visual example of what I was looking for. It's hard to make a customer happy if you're having to first attempt to figure out what they're describing, what it will look like, and then find the products that are needed. Yes, you have to be realistic about what you will look like when you leave - kind of like when you go in to a hair salon with black hair and want to be a platinum blonde without damaging your hair at all. Recreating a look identical to one where the model is tanned and has black hair with brown eyes may not be ideal for the person who is fair with blue eyes and blonde hair.

It's never been difficult for me to spend $50 in product at my appointments, it's been harder to stay within the max amount limit that my budget allows. Smiley Happy

(0) Hearts

Go to Mac their people are fantastic at applying makeup. Sephora not so great. Been there done that.

[ Edited ]

Mostly I agree --- MAC hires makeup artists who can sell. Sephora hires salespeople with an interest in makeup.

Still, not all trained artists are *good* artists and many are very green or they'd be working in the industry, not at MAC. So, when you go to MAC, it helps to look for someone with similar skintone and/or face shape to yours or who share other concerns you have. (In my case, I have hooded lids that inexperienced artists w/ non-hooded lids can never do a look on that does not either age me or just look so bad as to be depressing and laughable. And do not get me started on young brunettes who have not ever applied makeup to a redhead before. Things can go sideways FAST. I went to makeup school and we all sat as face models for each other and a cpl girls who graduated with me always made me look terrible. A certificate does not = experience.)

You want to feel *good* when you leave, so do not just go to the person who looks the best. Being able to rock their own look does not automatically mean they can rock one on you!

Ask questions, do not be afraid to tell them what you are looking for and if they do not act confident when faced with your request, ask if they have ever done something like this before. Lots of folks get intimidated by makeup and are too shy with their MUA. And, sadly, that often results in a look that is not what you are hoping for.

(0) Hearts

I NEED A FREE MAKEOVER--- WITHOUT PAYING $50 !!! MY 16TH BIRTHDAY IS COMING UP I JANUARY AND I WANT TO LOOK GORGEOUS. I'LL PROBABLY GET $100, AND I DON'T FEEL LIKE SPENDING HALF OF IT ON MAKEUP, OR WHATEVER... PLEASE HELP!

my 35th birthday is coming up in january and i want to look gorgeous.  i'll probably get nothing and i don't feel like putting my hand in my own pocket to pay for makeup or whatever - haha!! who am i kidding?!?! i totally wanna buy makeup!!!

(0) Hearts

Welcome to the real world. Where pretty much everything costs money.  If you don't want to spend money on a professional makeover, find a friend that's good at it to do it for you or do it yourself. 

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

I agree - find a friend who can help for free or learn to do it yourself. There are so many great tutorials available on the web now.

And I'd like my credit card magically paid off every month Smiley Very Happy

can i sign up for this?

LMAO!Smiley Very Happy

(0) Hearts

Will they makeover transgender

(0) Hearts

Ya they will. I've seen transgender employees so I don't see why they wouldn't. But I live in LA where it's more embraced than maybe other places like the bible belt.

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

You may want to check in the below threads pertaining to this.

http://community.sephora.com/t5/Makeup/cross-dressing-guys/m-p/1562330/highlight/true#M37442

http://community.sephora.com/t5/Customer-Support/walk-in-services-for-the-transgendered/qaq-p/390143

The general consensus is that Sephora as a company does not discriminate; however, that doesn't guarantee that employees may or may not express their own personal feelings on the matter should a transgender client requests a make over. 

Should you experience any discrimination (and this goes for any shopper) you can share your experience with customer service, management, or a Moderator here on Beauty Talk (they can forward messages to the appropriate departments).

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

I am pretty sure Sephora does not discriminate against transgender clients.  In fact, at my store, there is a transgender rouge client who comes in for a scheduled makeover every single Sunday (rouge clients get free makeovers).  

(0) Hearts

You don't have to pay for the makeover, that's free, but you are required to spend at least $50 the day of your appointment at most stores. You can request the look you want and I'm sure whoever helps you will answer any question you ask, but remember…most of the employees are NOT professional make up artists. Some might be great and some might not give you the look you want, it's luck of the draw really. Give yourself enough time to wash your face and redo your own makeup if you don't like the look. It's a 45 minute appointment so they won't generally have time to do it over if you are unhappy.

(0) Hearts

If you do go in and pay the $50, do they teach you how to do what they did? Can you request the look you want?

(0) Hearts

To get your makeup done at Sephora,  you must by a minimum of $50 worth of product. 

(0) Hearts

I do makeovers or preps for these type of occasions. For a fun funky look I would charge about $35, but I do hair and all. I think the Sephora offer is a great deal if your $50 goes to a Sephora gift card. I would be willing to do that myself. HAHA Have fun at your concert!!!

HI Googoo13,

I recommend contacting your local Sephora Store to see what their policy is on makeovers.  It is a plus that Sephora cast members do not work on commission.Smiley Happy I hope you have fun at your concert!

<3 Melissa
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats