Ohhellonat

HORRENDOUS Customer Service .. Am I the only one?

I went to Sephora on 12/20/13 and got the worst service hands down I have ever gotten from any business. I entered the store and it was not too busy. I looked for a specific product and could not find it, I then located a sales associate. She was busy so I waited as she helped another customer. When she finished I said "Excuse Me". She started playing with a baby. Okay I waited for her to finish and then she walked away from me as I once again said "Excuse Me" She continued to walk away, so maybe she didn't hear me so I said it again. She turns around, SCOFFS and says "What" and continues to walk away. For reasons beyond me I still asked where I could find the product she turned around and replied " I dont know if its here its in the store". To that I walked out. 

I keep shopping here because I love Sephora's store but for me personally I think that was the last straw. I don't needed to be treated like nothing for the convenience of having everything in one place.

meecheroo

Re: HORRENDOUS Customer Service .. Am I the only one?

(0) Hearts

I would've gotten her name. She might have a record for poor customer service and only if people complain then they will do something about her if enough people do.

forevergrace

I'd agree I wouldn't want to get someone fired on Christmas. But.. I would opt to fill out a customer satisfaction survey. You don't have to name-names or get specific into a physical description so the manger can play a guessing game who to hold accountable. Explain your experience in an anonymous survey with the store, just say a representative and do not get specific. Since Sephora as a whole takes superior service as its approach for company growth.. (Make-up artists in every store, point reward programs similar to the Best Western hotel franchise and credit companies, sanctification surveys with every purchase, etc.) I'm sure the store manager will take the survey seriously and take action like re-reviewing company policy with its employees

consolvo

You can take the survey at any time. Here is the link. http://survey.medallia.com/sephora

oklady2013

Sorry to hear of your experience. I like playing with babies as much as anyone but that  is inexcusable

. I would fill out the survey & also call the store. Ask to speak to the manager & explain the situation. I would give the manager the person's name if you know it. I'll bet you aren't the only one that was treated that way. The manager needs to know if someone is not helpful. She can't remedy the situation through more training or whatever if she doesn't know there's an issue.

It's also possible that the person is seasonal and will no longer be employed after mid January. Even if that is true the manager needs to know in my opinion.

sn22

(0) Hearts

So sorry you had a bad experience! I can totally understand where you are coming from, I would not want to be treated that way at a place where I am putting out my money or paying for a service. 

kevinbt

Hi Ohhellonat! 

Sorry to hear about this :/  I am sending a private message to help. 

Regards,

Kevin 

ChicDabbler

If it's not one in JCPenny, then it should have given you an option to fill in online survey, do that and be specific/firm about your terrible experience. Then next time, shop else where. Apparently the stores do get/see those survey mentions, and services are sometimes hit or miss and differs by store. =/

lilyyy

(0) Hearts

JCPenney Sephora offers a survey too!

ChicDabbler

(0) Hearts

Huh, I didn't get one. And she didn't tell even offer me points perks, samples or spare a glance at the Rouge card. Hmmm, guess I won't be going there again.

DTalksAll

(0) Hearts

It should be on the receipt, it's different and goes through the JC Penny site instead of the one free standing stores use. 

marydiva

Oh, I'm so sorry that happened to you! Sephora does hire extra help around the holidays and from the sound of it - I'm guessing that was the situation. :smileysad: So sorry you experienced this. 

PinkQ

Oh no! So sorry such a horrible thing happened to you! If I were you, I'd have spoken to the store manager >.< That person's behavior is beyond rude and unprofessional. 

Ohhellonat

I was really mad and I honestly didn't want to ruin her Christmas. So I decided to calm down and this is now my vent.

sp2001

I think like this sometimes "I don't want to ruin their christmas" or their lives sometimes, if they need the job, but I think I would have made an exception with this case. Hope she gets fired, having a bad day is excusable, blatantly doing the opposite of what your job description is is intolerable.

MermaidBarbie

(0) Hearts

Agreed.

PinkQ

You're very thoughtful :smileyhappy: But I seriously cannot tolerate rudeness :smileysad:

Anyway, I hope you have a wonderful Christmas :smileywink:

thesupergirl

Wow, so sorry that happened to you, if she didn't know she should have gotten someone who did know where it was .

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 17 replies
  • 33 hearts
  • 15 in conversation
    • DTalksAll
    • marydiva
    • lilyyy
    • consolvo
    • ChicDabbler
    • MermaidBarbie