madamsephora

Did Sephora stop giving out free samples in-store?

Did Sephora stop giving out  free samples in-store? About 70% of shopping at sephora is in person rather than online.  I used to get a few samples with My in-store purchase? Are the 3 free samples only given now online?

ChicDabbler

Re: Did Sephora stop giving out free samples in-store?

The prepackaged manufacture samples are passed out instore based on the stores decision (sometimes around holiday season or when I ask at the counter). It is true you can ask them to make a sample of anything except certain cosmetics stuff. The usual rule is you can only have 3 samples made at a time, but on rare occasions I get more (not sure if it's cuz the store lady's in a good mood, or because I'm a VIB...).

FayeCouturexo

(0) Hearts

I never had this problem since my Sephora always gives me samples and when my friends are with me they even give them samples even though they're not buying anything which is soo nice of them anyways, if you want a sample just ask them for one --if you want a specific one they'll gladly give it to you!-- (:

katie1724

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

I don't think Sephora gave out samples all the time -- sometimes I am offered a sample at checkout, but I don't think that is standard policy. I have noticed that they also tend to pass out samples when there are really long lines (but again, this is not standard). The 3 free samples policy has always been an online one, not in store (again, except in random circumstances).

They will, however, make you a sample of pretty much anything if you ask for one.

MacHora

(0) Hearts

This has been my experience as well. I have only been offered one sample at checkout (Algenist) and I was recently given a Philosophy sample b/c of a long wait time. The only samples I collect are the ones that I specifically ask for.

chelsrae

I was wondering tera same thing! I used to get great samples with my substantial purchases, and now nothing! It  is kind of disappointing they aren't offered in stores anymore.

jenheartsbooks

(0) Hearts

I had this problem, too. Most of the time I have to go out of my way to ask what my points are and what the VIB specials.

keelybt

Hi Madamsephora.  Stores don't usually automatically give samples, but the Cast Member will be happy to make you a sample of the product(s) you would like to try.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 7 replies
  • 6 hearts
  • 8 in conversation
    • keelybt
    • katie1724
    • jenheartsbooks
    • ChicDabbler
    • madamsephora
    • MacHora