Skincare
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Oily Skin
I used to have dry patches and oily skin, but I've switched to using Belif The True Cream Aqua Bomb, May Coop Raw Sauce, Son & Park Beauty Water, and I use St Ives Blemish Control Apricot Scrub as a cleanser. My skin has stopped being dry, but it's still oily. It's not as oily as it used to be but I really want to find a way or product(s) that would help my face not be so oily or shiny during the day. Also, I don't wear makeup. 
Acne
I have an issue with closed comedones. It does not look good when I apply makeup and I have been using several things to try to get rid of them. I use the Belif Problem Solutions Cleansing Foam and the Moisture Bomb cream. I also use Paula's Choice Resist BHA and their Skin Recovery Antioxidant serum that has Retinol in it and COSRX AHA.   I don't know if there is any product that isn't harsh since my skin is sensitive that you can recommend to get rid of these closed comedones.
image.jpeg
Skincare Stories
Often people ask for recommendations on a skincare routine or for specific products/combinations.  This might be a place to share your everyday skincare, both AM and PM.  A skincare "what are you wearing" as it were.  Hope this is useful.   *Age - 40 Skin type - oily/combination Current skin condition - quite dehydrated (winter/indoor heating)*   01/17/16 - AM skincare in the order I used 1. Nude Jelly cleanser (love) 2. Pixi Glow tonic (5% glycolic toner - love) 3. Omorovicza Queen of Hungary Spritz (sample) 4. Radical Skincare Youth Infusion serum - hydrating and anti-ageing (new to me.  Testing) 5. Bobbi Brown Hydrating Eye Cream (like) 6. Elemis Pro-Collagen Marine cream (really like as an AM moisturizer)   I will try to post PM skincare tonight so the post can be comprehensive.   General comments - Okay skin.  Apparently the age between 38-42 is a transformational time in hormones (dehydrated skin/spots), so I am more aware of how my skin performs/reacts .  My skincare definitely has more "actives" now than before.
Oily
Hello!  I have very oily skin and enlarged pores.  I currently am using the Clinique 3-Step and I have been using it for about 3-4 months.  I previously used Dermologica and some other random products.  Right now I use the 3 step-in the morning and then at night I use the Clinique City Block Charcoal Clenser in the evening (instead of the 3 Step Clenser) and use my Clarsonic.  I also use the Clinque Moisture Surge after using the gel moisterizer and I like the way it does feel.  I have stopped using it a few days to see if the moisture surge was causing the extra oil.  I am looking for products or regimines, things I can change to make my skin less oily and at least reduce the breakouts.  I can start doing something mid-day to cut down the oil, but the breakouts need to stop! haha.   Thank you for anyone's help!
Acne
i am purchasing kat Lock-It foundation, medium 58.  what shade of her concealer cream do you recommend to use with it?  thanks
All Other Concerns
Hi! I have very fair skin so any time a pimple goes away (which thankfully isn't often anymore) it leaves a red spot behind.  I've tried a number of products but they either break me out or just don't work for me.  Any suggestions?     
Antiaging
I am 27 years old, going on 28 in 2 months. I want to continue with anti-aging and wrinkle-prevention skincare. However, I have oily skin and still get blemishes on my cheekbones and have an oily forehead. Is there a moisturizer that can have the anti-aging and wrinkle-prevention effects without causing excess oil on my skin? Thank you!
Antiaging
I'm approaching 72.  Have been using Origins A perfect world moisturizer but am wondering if I should switch to Origins starting over age erasing moisturizer?  Or do you have a recommendation for another product for dry, aging skin?
Acne
  I'm looking to freshen up my facial routine. I have always had sensitive skin and in my early 20's had a lot of difficulty finding products that wouldn't irritate my skin. I am 29 with combination skin I guess, overall my complexion is decent but not perfect. I get blackheads/my pores are obvious through the t-zone, I get white heads and small pimples a few times a month, my skin tone is somewhat uneven and I am prone to redness. I am also prone to dehydration in the winter. I have been using a Kiehl's regiment for the last three or four years, it works but it's not improving my skin anymore. I recently introduced a Ren mask, Glamglow Supermud mask, and Tarte Marcuja Oil into my routine. I love them. I want to change my cleanser/toner/daily moisturizer. I picked up samples of the Boscia black thermal cleanser, their green toner, and the charcoal moisturizer. I'm not really happy with the results. I don't see improvement, and actually I feel my pores are more obvious and imperfections worse than with the Keihl's products. Can you help me up date my daily routine? 
Acne
 I have combination skin.  I still break out in acne around my chin, especially around my period.  I also am very very fair, so will have discoloration from acne for months after.  So I have oily patches, but then will get dry patches too.  I am a HUGE Sunday Riley fan (Good Genes, Luna).  I was wondering if anyone with a similar skin type recommended UFO or Tidal Cream as part of their routine (or both!)  Thank you!
Oily
Hello! I am looking for a night and day cream? I heard that Clarins is good but not sure about which one is the best for me.. I am mid 20's
Skincare Stories
Has anybody tried a 10-step Korean skincare regimen? What has been your experience and what products do you recommend?
Oily
Does anyone have any recommended cleanser for oily skin and the packaging is nice?   I have tried many cleansers and masks for the oily t-zone and pores but nothing really worked for me   Origin : still oily after washing my face. Fresh soy:  large pores afterwards Caudalie instant foaming : didn't clean the oil Kate Somerville detox : made my cheeks super dry Kate Somerville exfoliate foam : breakouts Kate Somerville gentle:  didn't clean the oil Clinique 3 steps : the toner had a strong smell and if I skipped the toner, the products had not effect Erno Laszno oil and sea mud soap : finally worked, but I prefer a simpler cleansing product   I heard other products that could work ( First Aid , Boscia, Philosophy ), but I would really prefer a nicer looking packaging.   Right now I'm considering the following products, does anyone know if any of these could work? Perricone MD citrus wash Amorepacific treatment cleansing foam (I really like the packaging) Sunday Riley Clay Cleanser (the packaging is okay) Or anything else?   I do use moisturizer twice a day and sunscreen during the day.   Thanks oxox  
Dry
Sorry, I know there are like a million of these out there and I have read a lot of them but i'm sort of overwhelmed now!    Basically, i'm out of the loop now, I haven't been on Sephora in months now but it's winter again finally and my skin is back to being dry! Thankfully it isn't stubbornly dry, i'm just looking for a good cream.  It doesn't need to specifically be a night cream (i'll just be using it at night), no gels, not Clinique, and preferably not in a jar but i'm not being picky!     A few options i'm considering:  - DE La La Retro  - Kate Somerville Goats Milk - Sunday Riley Tidal (yes I realize it's kind of jelly, but I'm curious!) - Josie Maran Whipped Argan   All recommendations are welcomed!! Thanks in advance  
Oily
I've been using a clay mask for a couple weeks that was recommended to me by a lady at a Shoppers drug mart and it seems to be making my skin worse. My skin has become rough and bumpy. I have a s*** ton of blackheads on my forehead and chin that weren't there before and the pores on and around my nose have gotten a lot bigger. Is it just this particular product that I'm using or do clay masks do more damage than good?
Oily
I am traveling to Antigua in the new year to meet my boyfriend's family. The weather will be very hot and humid compared to what I am used to. I have oily skin and have had trouble with acne since I was twelve years old. My makeup will always come off after a couple hours. I am looking for recommendations for a primer, foundation, and setting powder that will last in hot and humid temperature even with very oily skin.
upload_6445232177371786249.jpg
Acne
We're blabbing about everything else these days, I figured I'd check in and see what people are watching when it comes to TV shows and movies!   It would be foolish to think that this thread could remain spoiler free, so let's be courteous to one another and be sure to spoiler your spoilers. If you don't know how, it's that super adorable little yellow button on the toolbar, located to the right of the bold/italic/underline/strikeout buttons.    DONT FORGET: If you happen to be the most recent post, your first sentence or two of your post will show up EVEN IF ITS IN A SPOILER. So please take care if you're going to go dropping spoiler bombs.    Anywho... I just saw the movie PHOENIX last night and it was absolutely spectacular. Like Academy Award spectacular. If you're fortunate enough have showings in your area, I cannot urge you enough to go see it.    So whatcha'll watchin' these days? What are you anxiously waiting for to start back up? 
Oily
I'm looking for skin care products that will reduce oiliness and the size of my pores, but also isn't too harsh. I'm specifically looking for a cleanser, moisturizer (that doubles as a sunscreen for daytime), a night cream that isn't too heavy, and a mask/peel. I'm currently using this product line from Vichy, but I feel like it kind of just maintains my skin without really doing anything to improve it. Basically, I just want something that works and isn't going to be a waste of my money.
Oily
Hello all! i have fairly oily skin with big pores on my nose. I bought the vanish foundation stick and love the coverage and the way it looks when I first put it on. However after a couple hours I feel like it's sliding off my nose and very oily. Any suggestions on primers or finishing powders to go with this foundation to help with the staying power and oilyness ?   thanks in advance!
Antiaging
I am looking recommendation for anti aging skin care products. I am 30 and have dry, sensitive, uneven skin. I would like to buy a set so I can try the entire line plus more budget friendly. I am looking for complete regimen (Eye cream, Face wash, Serum, Moisturizer). I was told Drunk Elephant, Dr. Jart and Tatcha are among the good ones. 
Oily
Hi beauties!    I've been using the L'oreal infallible pro matte foundation for a while now and it's worked okay for my skin but I'm still searching for my holy grail. What foundations/shades would you guys recommend for oily/sensitive skin that will give me a natural finish that's not overly mattifying? I don't mind a demi-matte finish and really want to avoid looking cakey. I'm in the shade nc 25 in Mac pro long wear foundation and use 104 golden beige in the L'oreal infallible pro matte for reference. Any recommendations on primers and moisturizers to pair with the foundations would also be greatly appreciated.    Thanks in advance! :~)
Antiaging
Im 42 yo mom, with dark circles, lines appearing round eyes, and 11's in middle of my forehead.  Is there anything that can reverse this, or minimize ?  if so what would you recommend for a complete treatment from cleanser through to moisturizer?  thanks
nude.jpg
Skincare Stories
I was thinking we should have an "official" NUDE Skincare thread, in case something comes out from this new NUDE story that is happening lately. ( And even if not. ) So we can follow it all here. There are some threads, but those are more just questions and inquiries about NUDE stuff. It would be easier to have all things NUDE at one place, so we can all share news, updates, those possible new products, and anything NUDE here.   This is an announcement on Beautycounter about NUDE Skincare:   "It is with great excitement that we announce Counter Brands, LLC, parent company of Beautycounter, has acquired the worldwide assets of NUDE Skin Care, Inc. and NUDE Brands, Ltd. founded by Ali Hewson, the wife of musician and social activist, Bono. As a result of this deal, and their genuine interest in our products and mission, Bono will join the company as an investor and Ms. Hewson will join the Board of Directors of Counter Brands, LLC. Similar to our partnership with Target, this validation from such respected public figures will lead to increased brand awareness and client base. We are thrilled to have them join our team. The synergy between our two companies – from mission to ingredient selection process – makes NUDE a logical and compelling addition to our growing brand portfolio. We believe that incredible things are possible for our business and our unwavering advocacy work in D.C. For the foreseeable future, the Beautycounter and NUDE lines will exist as they do today."   They also said:  "“We will continue to sell through their existing channels of distribution,” Renfrew said of Nude. “The idea is to grow the channels of distribution as well as the product line as a whole,” she said."   Also: "NUDE products are currently available in the US on Sephora.com, across Europe in Space.NK stores and online, in Australia in Mecca stores and Mecca.com."   Response from Sephora's CS ( 6/30/2016 ): "The Nude Skin care line has been highly anticipated with our clients, and we can certainly appreciate your interest! At this time, some of the NUDE products are limited edition and will be on our site as supplies last, while other products are on our site to stay! We suggest staying tuned to Sephora's promotional emails, as new product launches are frequently announced via email. Additionally, keep checking back on our website under the Quick Link "Just Arrived"."   If you have any news, please feel free to share them here. If you have questions, post them here, and hopefully someone will have answers. Or we can all "investigate" together and try to find out what's cooking.    
upload_6528167288305498925.jpg
Antiaging
So after having worked my tail off last week, clocking way too many hours at work, I had the day off.  My husband was at work and I thought it would be a great day to go to the mall and enjoy some alone time. You know, just me, clothes and makeup. At some point during my experience, a gentleman from a kiosk approached me and wanted to know about my skincare habits. Not wanting to be rude, I simply answered that I purchased supplies from Sephora, and was ready to walk away. Well he must have known that I was the type to not cut anyone off, so he begins his speech (nice skin, don't look my age, blah-blah-blah) and leads me to his chair, where he proceeds to put this cream on my face just where my cheek and under eye area meet. The first sensation was tingling followed by mild burning, during which time he is still talking. So then my skin starts to have this tight sensation, and I would have put money on one eye being physically smaller and shaped differently than the other. Finally he asks how it's feeling and I expressed some degree of displeasure/ discomfort. He then reassures me that is the product working and gives me a (and I quote) "biology lesson". Yep, still burny-tight feeling the entire time. Finally, he uses a fire extinguisher disguised as another beauty product to make it stop burning.  The end cost for 2 jars of face-fire: around $300.00!  I asked for literature, he didn't have any. I asked for a business card, he was out of them. I was finally able to get him to write the product name on a paper- DermalActives. He told me not to believe the online reviews (!) because "they weren't using it correctly". After coming home and washing my face, I looked them up. Bottom line- BBB has a red flag on this group. Sorry for the long rant, but my sisters in beauty need to know about this hazard.