Skincare
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Acne
I'm debating between KORRES  Wild Rose + Vitamin C Advanced Brightening Sleeping  Facial or  OLE HENRIKSEN Truth Crème™ Vitamin C Advanced Hydration. Any suggestions?  
image.jpg
Acne
Any Dior Diva's out there? Willing to share your Dior "stories"?   Hello!! Earlier this summer, I had my first exposure to Dior products at my local Dillard's. I was interested in looking at just the Dior Addict lipsticks, but was informed by the woman at the counter that my makeup was just not working for me. Truly, she was polite and diplomatic. The prior statement is my summary. lol. So I let her remove my makeup and from scratch, apply full skin care and makeup. I explained to her that I would only consider a foundation that was full-coverage, because of my breakouts. She spent time talking to me about what I could do to help my skin, not just cover my problems. She told me about her husband, who had suffered from breakouts, and how, when she started working for Dior, she started a skin care routine on him, and how amazingly it worked for him. Long story short, I walked out with a laundry list of recommended products. I went back about a month later, during a Dillard's special event, and this same amazing woman walked through everything with me again, spending a good hour with me. She was so personable and I truly felt like she believed in the products and wanted to help me achieve the best skin possible.   Fast forward and I'm faithfully using the following products, which are doing wonders for my skin, applied in this order:   After washing my face: Step 1: At night: Gentle Toner In the morning: Purifying Toner (Oh - I'll use the Murad acne treatment to spot treat) Step 2: CT One Essential. I use this in the morning and at night. For the rest of the products that follow, I only use them in the morning. Step 3: CT Serum (Concentre Multi- Perfection). Should I also use this at night? Step 4: Moisturizer (NOT yet using Dior as I am finishing up other products) Step 5: CT Dreamskin (Soin Anti-Age Global Createur De Peau Parfaite) Step 6: Pore Minimizer (Skin Refining Matte Primer). I am not sure I see the value in this item as a primer.... So!! My questions for you all:   Dior Diva program: A) Have you actually signed up for the Dior Diva program through Dior? If so, how do you submit your original Sephora receipts? The receipts that come in the shipping boxes do not provide $ amounts. I was thinking that I could add a copy of my online receipts, which do include prices. B) What gift items have you selected with your points? Any recommendations? Regrets?   Skin Care: A) What kind of skin do you have? I have oily, breakout prone skin. And I'm 40 so I've got some aging starting. Blah! B) What products do you use? C) What order do you apply them? D) Do you have any recommendations or suggested changes to the what I am using/how I am using them? E) Did the line transform your skin?   Makeup: A) Do any of you typically need fuller coverage foundation and if so, have you been successful with Dior's foundation? I have a brand new one I haven't opened because I have found, via using samples, that the coverage is just too light for my needs. I bought the Capture Totale Foundation and I happen to be color #31. B) Did use of the Dior concealer provide the coverage you need for skin issues? It's on my list of items from the Dior counter, but I haven't purchased it, yet.   Thank you!! I know I "talk" a lot on my posts. 😛    
All Other Concerns
i need a good cleanser and i am trying to figure out which one best fits me. I have oily skin, large pores, and acne prone skin. I use josie maran argan oil as a moisturizer and I use first aid beauty as an exfoliater. I love both of these lines of skin care. I need help in deciding what would be the best cleanser for my skin. 
Skincare Stories
In preparation for my mom's bday brunch this spring, I want to buy her something that will help diminish her aging spots that are really bothering her.   She has fair colored skin with light brown spots, and she has been wanting to do something about it that doesn't require lasers.  Any advice would be great!   Thanks
image.jpg
Acne
I am looking for a facewash to help my super combo skin! My t zone is extremely oily while my cheeks are pretty normal to sometimes dry. I do have a good number of break outs on my chin and cheek bones. Murad didnt help much and I have liked the First Aid Beaty but that doesnt help the blemishes. Anyone have any suggestions on great products for this?
All Other Concerns
I know Korean skincare/makeup is touted a lot on here. And a fair amount of it is REALLY affordable, and of course, tends to be really cute. My question is... what is the actual quality of the products/ingredients like? What would they compare to?   I don't want to buy a bunch of Innissfree face masks or a Tony Moly lipbalm, for example, if they're no better than the cheap ones I can get at a drugstore.   Aside from the "cute" and "unique" factor, I don't really "get" why Korean brands are recommended (not talking about the higher end stuff here). Insight appreciated!
Dry
I'm not sure what's been going on with the skin around me eyes. I've always thought that I've had oily lids because my eye shadow ALWAYS creases. My concealer creases too (I have an annoying fold under my eyes). Recently, my skin around my eyes seems so sensitive and dry. Any makeup that I apply on that area gets all ashy and flakey, even seconds after applying my makeup. I recently started using an eye shadow primer (the white NARS one) to prevent the creasing, but the dryness is horrible. I try moisturizing a LOT and using an eye cream (got it as a gift from Taylor Swift, it's the same eye cream she uses......long story), but the area still seems dry.  Is there a product you can recommend? 
All Other Concerns
Hello,   So this morning when I went to apply my eye primer I noticed my lids and the inner corner of my eyes near my nose we're dry and slightly flaky. I opted to use my Algenist Eye Cream on my lids very small amount and put my primer over top. It seems to work, now I was wondering what can I do to fix this dryness issue as I know you really shouldn't use eye cream on the lids due to the skin being so thin ?. I only did this today but if you got a quick remedy that would be great.   
Dry
The title is pretty self explanatory. I noticed a little less than a week ago that just beside my nose and there is one big dry patch. It's not noticeable, although it is uncomfortable to touch. I also have some dry, flaky skin around the corners of my nose that don't go away no matter how hard I scrub! Any solutions to either of these problems?
Combo / Normal
I am looking for either the new bare minerals or the lancome Nude foundation in a slightly more peaxhy -pink shade...beige is too yellow and I don't want it too dark.
All Other Concerns
I love Belif Moisture bomb, so I was wondering if I would love the eye cream as well, and there are no reviews yet for it. I currently use Ahava firming eye cream around my eyes or Algenist, and I like both of them more than anything else I have tried, but I am still curious about Belif.  I hardly ever get to an actual Sephora store (far away), or I would get a sample.  Please share any feedback if you have tried it as far as scent, sensitivity, texture, and effectiveness.  Thank you so much, in advance.
image.jpg
Skincare Stories
I am posting some pics on here to see if someone has an idea on what is going on with the appearance and texture of my skin  idk if you can see the dry patches on my skin and overall bumpy appearance 
Oily
Hi. my face has been giving me major problems lately with excessive oil and zips. I have just started shopping at Sephora so I need some advice. I am also a college student so Im on a budget. I am looking for a face wash that works. any suggestions?
All Other Concerns
So I have been doing "research" and found out that those blackheads I thought i had been dealing with is actually sebaceous filaments.    I know they can't be permanently removed but does anyone know how to lessen appearance? Especially on those days that I don't feel like putting my foundation on!   I have combo skin, more oily now that the weather is warming up.    Any advice would be great!!    thanks! 
Combo / Normal
I am looking for a good cleanser- not too basic but something that will clean and clear everything out of my skin without drying it out- nit really concerned with actual breakouts but if it would help with overall texture of the skin that would be a plus....... Currently using a sample of ren cleansing balm- any opinions on this are also welcomed!
IMG_4537.PNG
Dry
I have these tiny little bumps on either side of my nose just under my eye area and I cannot figure out how to get rid of them. I do cleanse twice a day and exfoliate twice a week. I've used the Kate Sommerville exfoliate and the Peter Thomas Roth peeling gel (they leave my skin feeling extremely soft but the bumps never go away). I know it's not milia 'cause I've had that over my left eye and it looked/felt completely different. These tiny bumps are actually not very noticeable until I wear liquid foundation (and I need to wear foundation because I have a lot of discoloration in other areas of my face).
Dry
So where I live, the snow has been insane, and the weather is so cold that I start to tear up, and then my tears start to freeze. I digress.   I am experiencing my driest and cracked hands ever. For those who have similar issues, or are experiencing the frigid cold, what are your go-to products, and how often do you apply them?   At my disposal, I've currently got: Embryolisse Lait-Creme Concentre Laura Mercier Hand Lotions, in Fresh Fig and Creme de Pistache L'Occitane Shea Butter Hand Cream   I apply these whenever my hands feel dry, but I am literally applying another round of lotion every 5-10 minutes, and my hands have remained unmoisturized and chapped. Help! How do you guys tackle chapped hands in the winter?
Skincare Stories
Hi! I am starting accutane in 5 days and am just trying to be prepared.  Do any past accutane users have suggestions for moisturizers and chapsticks? Thanks
Acne
I don't know how long it will last...so I just got it.  Good luck!
Skincare Stories
Hi! So, I've been trying a sample of the GlamGlow Supercleanse Daily Clearing Cleanser since I'm in the market for a new cleanser. I have combination/oily/sensitive skin and my chin gets easily congested (I know it's hormonal based and I am taking birth control for it, but it still gets congested). I can get cystic pimples pretty easily there. After using it for 3-4 days at night only, I've been getting a pretty bad reaction to it. My whole face burns, and bumps are appearing on my face with some white heads too. The area around my lips also became super dry. Anyone else have this kind of reaction to it? I've also been trying Thirstycleanse and that hasn't given me any reaction at all, it's quite nice actually.
All Other Concerns
I am in a constant hunt for pore minimizing products and I still haven't found one that I absolutely love and that works great with my skin. Does anyone have any suggestions? I am looking for products that would help me minimize pores as time passes not just momentarily hide them .. I know that they will not disappear (that would be ideal!!!) ..  Thank you!
Oily
My skin always gets very oily in the afternoon. I use a cleanser and oil free moisturizer every morning. I have been thinking about getting Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Setting Powder. D oes it work? Does it clog your pores and make your skin more susceptible to breakouts? Or is there a better alternative? Thanks!  
Customer Support
Oops accidentally posted this quation in beauty insider...   I got an email welcoming me to VIB status ( yay) and it mentioned a welcome kit I could get online OR instore- however I do not see anything online- even with clicking on that part of the e-mail- I am taken to the site only. I am limited from going often to the store alas, and do most shopping now online. Can you tell me where that welcome kit is? Thanks! I just started wearing makeup at age 61 and I love Sephora! Expect to head to ROuge too lol since I hit VIB in two weeks!   meggie price  
All Other Concerns
I am 23 with acne-prone, sensitive, easily irritated, combination skin.   My main skin concerns would be my acne, redness and overall skin dullness/roughness. I feel like I have tried every product imaginable, but nothing seems to work. Currently, I am struggling with little red bumps, mainly around my mouth and chin, that don't appear to be acne, but I believe they are from irritation caused by using the wrong products.   For now, I am looking for a better cleanser and moisturizer. I have done my research and would like opinons on the Shiseido ibuki purifying cleanser v. Shiseido ibuki gentle cleanser and any advice on a good moisturizer that will give me a healthy glow, will not irritate my skin and will get rid of these pesky red bumps as well as keep my acne at bay.   Also, does anyone have an opinion on using alcohol-free, fragrance-free witch hazel? I've heard mixed reviews on using witch hazel on your face, but have also seen where it apparently does wonders for your skin.
Acne
I need a top-notch dermatologist.  The two I've seen here have repeatedly ignored my requests for a skin care regimen.  I have had acne since I was a teenager, been on Accutane twice I think between the ages of 18-26.  It worked temporarily then my acne came back and I haven't been able to get rid of it since.  I have acne on my face, behind my ears, scalp, and throat/neck.  Some are the painful kind.  I don't get whiteheads, just mainly nodular.  My skin is t-zone oily and normal in other areas.  I have an oily scalp and oily eyelids.  I have seborrheic dermatitis on my scalp and hairline.  The dermatitis used to affect my forehead and cheeks but thankfully not any more.  Right now it's just my scalp but is under control with a prescription shampoo.  Back to the acne, no topical medications have worked for me.  I'm almost 39 years old and haven't had clear or healthy skin since before puberty.  PLEASE PLEASE help.
Combo / Normal
I have been wanting a toner that really works.i do have acne prone skin..and im fighting acne scars too so i cant decide between fresh toner or murad essential c toner..also if you guys have any suggestions on which one is your most tried and trusted toner...that would be awesome!!!
All Other Concerns
Ok, I have this obsession with my hands and feet, I know weird!lol. Tell me what your using at home? Getting manis and pedicure are exspensive! My feet are usually very dry and I've tried lots of products like Josie Maran body butter, her oil, soap and glory heel Genius,Argan  Infinity creamy oil, Wen balm, lots of lotions and sanding them twice a week but there still dry! Lol. I have tried putting on products and wearing socks to bed but I'm still not getting the results I want! If you have the time please tell me what works best for you. My hands look great but my feet are still a dissapointment to me. Thanks in advance ,,,, Dan 
Combo / Normal
I am only 30 and i have not shown any first signs of aging (wrinkles, sagging, bigger pores etc). The cream actually helps to control facial oil production. It moisturizes but not overly. But is it ok to keep using it when i do not have any signs of aging yet? Thank you.