Skincare
Antiaging Skincare
I need some suggestions for skin care products.  I'm overwhelmed by all of the choices.  I'm 36 years old with normal to dry skin.  My major issue is hyper-pigmentation that is from the sun and old acne places.  I'm very careful about wearing sunblock and a hat, but I spend so much time outside during the summer, I still end up with with some sun.  My current routine just doesn't seem to be enough anymore.  I would love some ideas.  I'm willing to spend more on skincare, but I don't have an unlimited budget.  Sephora is difficult for me to get to, but Ulta is much easier.   I have been using Cetaphil face wash and lotion along with an Olay night cream for a long time.  My skin is sensitive to some stronger products that results in redness and stinging.  My acne is under control now, and seems to be stress related.    Thanks to everyone for the help.
upload_1157774273929029580.jpg
Dry
  I have dry combination skin type that is very very acne prone.  I get redness every now and then, but with the right products, I usually don't.. but breakouts are something I tend to not be able to control     I use clarisonic, philosophy and sulwhasoo peels for exfoliating about 2 times a week, but I feel like its not enough to deep clean for pores especially in the summer.    I have in the past used Fresh umbrian clay and PTR sulfur mask from what I can remember on top of my head.  I loved the umbrian clay mask, but found it to be very dehydrating.. PTR sulfur mask on the other hand barely did anything..  oh and Glam glow was way too irritating for my skin..    can anyone please recommend a good clay mask that I can use for the purpose of drawing out impurities and keeping my skin a bit more clear?    thank you in advance! 
Combo / Normal
I've recently been on a hunt for a clay mask to combat the pores, black heads, and deep cleansing and have fallen in love with the results Boscia's black mask gave   but I've found the peeling off process to be very irritating and reddening (?).. but otherwise its "just right"  does anyone have tips/tricks to use this in a less irritating but still get as much benefit? 
Antiaging
I need an all natural anti-aging skin care routine. Been using Caudalie and love it, but can't afford it any more ($400 ? Ouch). Suggestions on what to use?
Oily
Hi, I was wanting a powder that will keep my super oily skin matte and shine-free. I've been reading the reviews and i'm not sure whether the BareMinerals Matte Foundation Broad Spectrum or the Stay Matte Sheer pressed powder would work better.
All Other Concerns
I just recently started washing my face everyday.  It's horrible, but I guess I never had to wash it as much.  Now that I am washing, applying moisturizer, putting on makeup, and then removing it it is a lot for my skin.  I have noticed my skin feels almost oily--but doesn't look oily. I apply moisturizer AM and PM is it being over moisturized? 
Dry
I'm 25 and I use clarins early wrinkle correction cream and was really happy with it until i found out my face has started to flake especially around the nose. Please suggest a good moisturiser that isn't very exorbitant.
Acne
I have been using prescriptives makeup, it is just working anymore. I have bad adult acne with very oily skin. The cost is NOT my concern. I want a good, healthy foundation.
Dry
I often read that you have to use a product for X amount of days/weeks before you will start to notice a difference. Makes sense to me but I have tons of different brands mostly deluxe samples received as GWP, skin care sets or promo codes.   My routine is wash with Clarisonic, then apply toner, serum, eye cream, moisturizer and argan or maracuja oil (at night). My skin is normal for the most part with some dryness occasionally. When I shop for products I go for ones for dry skin and anti aging.   So is it bad that I use different brands every couple of days? What I mean by bad is.....is it a waste of product/time since Im not using it continuously like the instructions usually say to see results?   Hope this makes sense
All Other Concerns
Do you agree with her views on skincare products?  I'm on a hunt for my Summer night serum & moisturizer. I think I'm going to purchase the Perricone Blue Plasma even though it stinks so bad of fish & I hate fish. I've been researching products a lot and one of the sites I was on was Paula's Choice. She is not a fan of the serum... Actually the more I read through her "beautypedia" reviews, it seems like she's not a fan of a lot of products. I also got a feeling she was mainly trying to push her own products and Olay.  Examples:  - She's against treatment cleansers since it's just "washed down the drain". I have to disagree with this. When I use a treatment cleanser, although they can be drying, I do see improvement in my breakouts.  - Witch Hazel is bad. I find witch hazel to be an important ingredient when choosing a toner. She think it's just as bad as alcohol if not worse.    Products she gave a "poor" rating to:  - Anthony Logistic's Glycolic cleanser got a poor rating because it doesn't contain any glycolic acid.  - doctor dennis gross's A/B pads since we can just skip step 2 by simply splashing water on our face to deactivate step 1.  - Dior Capture Totale One Essential Serum because it's not a "miracle serum" since it's primarily just "water, slip agents, and alcohol" - ExfoliKate - Just about every Ole Henriksen product I love   - Origins Checks & Balances, Charcoal Mask & every other decent product from them - Most Murad products   I do agree with a few points she makes, like companies need to stop putting active ingredients in clear vials so the sun doesn't break down the properties of the treatment. Also jar packaging is a big no-no for her. I understand that some creams are too thick to be put in a pump, but what about those airless jars that Bosica & Dermadoctor are using? I hate sticking my fingers in jars & the air does break down the active ingredients over time...  Overall though, I don't think I'll be going to her site when I'm researching a new product I want to try. 
All Other Concerns
Does anyone know of a website where I can find the PH levels in skin care? Or of any brands of ph testing strips that are good? My skin has gone through some medical changes lately and the PH balance of my skin if just all over the place.
Dry
Im currently on my 3rd week using Retin A and my skin has become dry and flakey. Apparently this is normal until my skin adjust to the retin. Im seeking an affordable cleanser (preferably cream based), i also need a good SPF moisturizer. I have to stay away from anything citrus in order not to irritate my skin (while on retin citrus and alcohols can irritate and cause bad redness). Also, i prefer something with minimal alcohol in the products. I cant afford to lose anymore hydration lol. I cant wait until my "Ugly" phase is over. Only 3 weeks in and my skin is almost acne clear. Im hoping the dreadful 4-6 weeks horror stories of purging does NOT come my way, Id really appreciate any suggestions from my fellow beauties.
upload_1157774273929029580.jpg
Acne
I have two pimples/zits on my cheeks and NOTHING IS WORKING. I've been using benzoyl peroxide in the morning, and 2% salicylic acid and Tretinoin at night. It's been a few weeks since I got them and they're so stubborn. Those products that I mentioned above don't make a difference. Help!
upload_8957884748637347627.jpg
Dry
I am looking for some skin care products to help with my dry, sensitive skin (I have eczema). I am also prone to blocked pores if the formula is to thick and doesn't absorb well. I have my daytime moisturizer with SPF squared away, so this would be more for nighttime/weekend use.   I tried the High Potency Night-A-Mins™ Mineral-Enriched Renewal and it didn't work for me. My skin never got moisturized, but would end up greasy and has started breaking out.   Any advice is greatly appreciated!
Antiaging
Is there an eye cream that is safe to use on the eyelids? I was told by one sephora gal the dermadoctor eye cream is okay to use on the eyelids and then told by another that there isn't an eye cream that is safe or should be used on the eyelids. Who is correct? Is there an eye cream that can be used on the eyelids?
Dry
I'm begining to loose patience with finding something to cover my under eye darkness. My problem is that I have dry skin EVERYWHERE on my face. I cannot seem to get a concealer that applys smoothly but wont slip down my face by the end of the day. Ive tried many eye creams, primers, setting sprays, setting powders, and more but nothing is working! someone please help!
Skincare Stories
I live in a mild climate, where it can be slightly humid, but otherwise it rains continually for 3/4 of the year. I have normal-to-combo skin, meaning I don't really have any major dry/oily spots, but I can get dry or slightly oily in my t-zone occasionally.    I use the Boscia Detoxifying Black Cleanser twice a day (ok, usually I only manage to use it once a day), and I moisturize with Ole Henriksen's Nurture Me and Bite's Agave Lip Mask twice a day (religiously). I exfoliate with Exfolikate twice a week, and I use the Boscia Black Luminizing mask all-over once a week, and in my trouble zones up to three times a week. I use the GLAMGLOW Powermud once or twice a week, and I spot treat any incoming blemishes with the GLAMGLOW Supermud as needed. I also use the Boscia Purifying Pore Strips on an as-needed basis as well.    What is your skincare routine? 
Antiaging
I recently turned 40 and need to kick it up a notch in the skincare department. I have dry, sensitive skin, and I spent too much time in the sun when I was younger. I've been using the Ole Henriksen African Red Tea line, but I notice that some of the products are disappearing. Any suggestions for a good antiaging routine for the 40-something crowd?
brightening toner.jpg
Antiaging
I'm in the market for a toner and I'm interested in a brightening toner. I've looked at a few and the NARS toner looks promising. Has anyone used it and can comment on it?   If you haven't used NARS, is there another brightening toner that you use and like? I know there are a few out there and I'm open to suggestions. Basically looking for something for combination skin, most of my concerns are anti-aging - dullness, firmness, not too many wrinkles but trying to keep them in check.   I use Philosophy Miracle Worker skin care and love it but they don't have a toner.  So just looking for that step after cleansing and before moisturizing to complete the routine! Thanks!
Combo / Normal Skin
so I am a 13 years old girl, currently in 8th grade. I have breakouts very often, but I don't know what kind of cleanser I should use since I never tried any skin products before. I also would like to know a few makeups that are recommended to teenagers like me and are very natural. Thank you! 
Combo / Normal
I've got really fair skin that has a LOT of redness.  What skincare brand/products would you suggest?  Thanks!!
All Other Concerns
ok this is going to probably be a really slow question to ask on a beauty thread , because i should probably already know and all that buuuttttt.... how do you tell if you have oily,dry,or combination skin ? When I'm shopping for foundation and they ask I'm usually just like i don't know but it does not seem like anyone can help me I know sometimes i get oily but not all the time so I'm just really confused >.< so guyss how can i tell ( sorry again for the dumb question lol) 
All Other Concerns
My Dr's office has infrared saunas and I was wondering if anyone here has used them.  What does it feel like?  How long did you use one and did you see any benefits?   For those will ask, infrared saunas are supposed to: - remove toxins through increased circulation and sweating - burns as many calories as 30 minutes of jogging - clears cellulite - reduces stress and fatigue - improves acne and appearance of wrinkles
All Other Concerns
I'm looking for some type of pore minimizer, whether it be a primer, a BB cream, or any other product. Personal opinions are very welcome! I'm looking for a product that isn't too heavy but will minimize the look of large pores. Any sugguestions?!
All Other Concerns
I've finished my jar of the Kiehls Creamy Avocado Eye Treatment a few weeks ago and am still hesitating whether to rebuy it or not. I really like the Kiehls one to use under makeup as it hydrates my eye area and makes the fine lines under my eyes less noticeable and the fact that it doesn't irritate my eyes if I put it too close. I've been using the Algenist Eye Renewal Balm and have noticed that my eye area looks dry when makeup is applied over top. Should I just go back to Kiehls or maybe try another eye cream? Another one I am considering of getting is the Bobbi Brown Hydrating eye cream since it does have the word "hydrating" in its name. 
Antiaging
I just turned 39 and have a youthful look. I would like to keep it. Any suggestions on a cleansing/daily routine? I do have mild rosacea as well.   Thank you Kim
Acne
Can anyone give me a suggestion on QUICKLY fading the red/dark marks post-cystic-acne breakout?
download.jpg
Acne
Ok, I just used the clarisonic for the first time 3 days ago. I'd been debating getting it for 2 years now for this very reason...but finally took the plunge hoping it would help me with my large pores/blackheads on my chin. I used the sensitive brush, and planned on using it just once a week until my skin got used to it. But now I'm wondering if I made a $150 mistake...I've got huge, cystic like bumps coming up on my chin, and even one under my eye on my cheekbone ( I NEVER break out there). What gives? Should I stop using it or just give it time? What was your experience with clarisonic?
Oily
I need some help finding a primer for my oily skin and large pores! Ive tried many, including becca ever matte but none seem to work well and i still notice my makeup sliding off around noon or even earlier. I've struggled with bad skin for awhile and I really want a primer that keeps my makeup intact and my oil at bay. Thanks
All Other Concerns
What product can you use to get rid of the dark upper lip shadow???