Skincare
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Acne
I don't break out very much but when I was younger I broke out a lot and got scars. Does anyone have any recommendations on how to get them to fade?? 
Combo / Normal
Hi all! I am 28 and an RN. I recently changed departments and now work in the operating room, (No windows, dry/cold air). As a result, my skin has started having more breakouts and uneven color. I have been blessed with relatively good skin (combination I think), and with the exception of a few breakouts around my menstrual cycle I have had to do very little to keep clear skin. As a result, I know NOTHING about a skin care regimen. I know at this point I should start thinking about anti aging products but have no idea where to start. Any suggestions for an AM/PM routine that won't cost more than my mortgage would be appreciated!
01.17_Real Results Challenge.jpg
Skincare Stories
We are SO excited for you to test our breakthrough Resveratrol Lift Face Lifting Soft Cream. This luxurious, plumping cream is formulated in a creamy, weightless texture for nourishment that lasts, without leaving a greasy film!    This is an open forum for you to talk about the product, hear how others are doing with the challenge and ask questions. The clinical results from our lab are incredible, and we would love to hear your very own results as well. Please let us know any tips and tricks you have discovered during your 7-day trial. If you have any questions or comments please let the community know your skin type to understand and give the best advice possible. We’ll be checking this thread frequently during the challenge, so if you have a question for us, please feel free to ask!     Can’t wait to hear about your results! Let the challenge begin! 
Dry
Is there another product that is like a balm for very dry and tight skin.  Used to use First Aid Beauty Ultimate Concentrate, now there doesn';t seem to be any.  Any suggestions. thanks
Antiaging
I'm in my early 30's and have decided to stop using my drugstore moisturizer and switch to an anti-aging skincare line (eye cream and daily moisturizer and/or serum). I want one that is FREE OF PARABENS AND PHTHALATES. My skin is normal and i have no brown spots or major wrinkles but i want to start using something before I start getting wrinkles. I have been researching Perricone MD and FRESH but have read many reviews that perricone MD causes alot of rashes and that Fresh dries out skin (probably because Glycerin is one of the first ingredients) Any thoughts? I have also been looking at DRUNK ELEPHANT Shaba Complex™ Eye Serum, Dr Dennis Gross Skincare Triple Correction Eye Serum,  OLE HENRIKSEN Truth Serum® Vitamin C Anti-Aging Collagen Booster  and  CAUDALIE Premier Cru The Eye Cream .  Thoughts? Any suggestions on other brands? They don;t all have to be from the same brand...could be one brand of eye cream and another brand for the serum, etc. Oh and im currently breast feeding so cant use anything with retinol right now but am open to suggestions to use once im done. Please help with any advice!
Acne
I purchased the Bobbi Brown Face Base yesterday after hearing RAVE reviews. Today, I tried it and put my foundation directly on top after letting it set on my face with no additional primer. By lunch, the foundation had broken up quite severely and redness was most definitely on display! Should I try it as a 2-in-1 with a different foundation or add another primer on top?
Sol Janeiro.JPG
Acne
I just want to say THANK YOU SO MUCH to Sephora and Sol de Janeiro for sending me the original Brazilian Bum Bum Cream and the new Acai Body Power Cream au gratis! I have never tried the Bum Bum Cream but have heard amazing things, and am so excited to have the chance to try the new version as the same time. They both smell quite nice! The Bum Bum Cream is slightly tropical but in no way overpowering, and the Acai Body has a fresh, almost pine, sweet forest scent. Both are in no way greasy. I think these will make a nice addition to my body care collection!  
pc.png
Skincare Stories
I thought I'd start a dedicated thread where people can get answers to any questions they have about Paula's Choice skincare products and share deals!   I've been using PC products for two years now (I've switched out almost everything from the other brands I was using, like Tatcha, Somme Institute and Algenist) and it's made such a difference to my skin.   My current regime is: Skin Recovery Cleanser Resist Toner Resist BHA 2% liquid Resist Skin Firming Line Minimizer Dark Spot Eraser 2% BHA Resist C15 Super Booster Calm Redness Relief Repairing Serum Skin Recovery Moisturiser 1% Retinol Booster Clear Ultra Light Daily Fluid SPF30/ Reist Daily Moisturizer with SPF25   If you're looking to get a deal on Paula's Choice, there's $10 off your first order for new customers at PC direct with a referral frequent sales, ranging from 15% to 25% off, at PC direct cashback - currently 12% at Topcashback and for new members 30% (up to $20) at CouponCabin $15 off $75 for new customers at B-Glowing with a referral, as well as a Paula's Choice gwp with $50+ orders at Dermstore, 15% off with subscriptions or 20% off for new customers Please feel free to add any other offers you know about or ask any questions about the brand! Let the discussion and deal sharing begin!
nude.jpg
Skincare Stories
I was thinking we should have an "official" NUDE Skincare thread, in case something comes out of this new NUDE story that is happening lately. ( And even if not. ) So we can follow it all here. There are some threads, but those are more just questions and inquiries about NUDE stuff. It would be easier to have all things NUDE at one place, so we can all share news, updates, those possible new products, and anything NUDE here.   This is an announcement on Beautycounter about NUDE Skincare:   "It is with great excitement that we announce Counter Brands, LLC, parent company of Beautycounter, has acquired the worldwide assets of NUDE Skin Care, Inc. and NUDE Brands, Ltd. founded by Ali Hewson, the wife of musician and social activist, Bono. As a result of this deal, and their genuine interest in our products and mission, Bono will join the company as an investor and Ms. Hewson will join the Board of Directors of Counter Brands, LLC. Similar to our partnership with Target, this validation from such respected public figures will lead to increased brand awareness and client base. We are thrilled to have them join our team. The synergy between our two companies – from mission to ingredient selection process – makes NUDE a logical and compelling addition to our growing brand portfolio. We believe that incredible things are possible for our business and our unwavering advocacy work in D.C. For the foreseeable future, the Beautycounter and NUDE lines will exist as they do today."   They also said:  "“We will continue to sell through their existing channels of distribution,” Renfrew said of Nude. “The idea is to grow the channels of distribution as well as the product line as a whole,” she said."   Also: "NUDE products are currently available in the US on Sephora.com, across Europe in Space.NK stores and online, in Australia in Mecca stores and Mecca.com."   Response from Sephora's CS ( 6/30/2016 ): "The Nude Skin care line has been highly anticipated with our clients, and we can certainly appreciate your interest! At this time, some of the NUDE products are limited edition and will be on our site as supplies last, while other products are on our site to stay! We suggest staying tuned to Sephora's promotional emails, as new product launches are frequently announced via email. Additionally, keep checking back on our website under the Quick Link "Just Arrived"."   If you have any news, please feel free to share them here. If you have questions, post them here, and hopefully someone will have answers. Or we can all "investigate" together and try to find out what's cooking.    
image.jpeg
Skincare Stories
Often people ask for recommendations on a skincare routine or for specific products/combinations.  This might be a place to share your everyday skincare, both AM and PM.  A skincare "what are you wearing" as it were.  Hope this is useful.   *Age - 40 Skin type - oily/combination Current skin condition - quite dehydrated (winter/indoor heating)*   01/17/16 - AM skincare in the order I used 1. Nude Jelly cleanser (love) 2. Pixi Glow tonic (5% glycolic toner - love) 3. Omorovicza Queen of Hungary Spritz (sample) 4. Radical Skincare Youth Infusion serum - hydrating and anti-ageing (new to me.  Testing) 5. Bobbi Brown Hydrating Eye Cream (like) 6. Elemis Pro-Collagen Marine cream (really like as an AM moisturizer)   I will try to post PM skincare tonight so the post can be comprehensive.   General comments - Okay skin.  Apparently the age between 38-42 is a transformational time in hormones (dehydrated skin/spots), so I am more aware of how my skin performs/reacts .  My skincare definitely has more "actives" now than before.
Oily
My skin is terribly oily, but I haven't found anything to either hide both or found the combo of foundation and primer to hide both issues.  Any suggestions?
upload_846721023047787687.jpg
Combo / Normal
Hey Beauties, Right now I have combo skin (normal sometimes oily t-zone and dry skin on the cheeks) and some redness.   I'm looking for a cleanser (currently using Neutrogena but I had too switch to ultra gentle, and I think it's drying out my skin!) A new toner, a face mist (currently using the one from tarte but I'm not sure If it's enough for my skin), a moisturizer (i'm using renewed hope in a jar, Which I love in the summer but I don't think it's enough for the winter) and an eyecreme (i use clinique pep start but it's not enough for my under eye and it doesn't really do anything for the shadows under my eyes).  So please tell me your favorites........    Doesn't have to be all high-end stuff, if you can recommend some things from the drugstore that would be great too. I love to mix it up!    Thank you
Acne
I have been using obagi gel cleanser for 3 years and it's a good cleanser however I still have breakouts, blackheads and oily skin.  I also use retin a so I do not like cleansers with active ingredients.  Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.  
s1640028-main-Lhero.jpg
Acne
Primers-are they necessary and worthwhile-which one is best for dry skin.
Acne
which face moisturizer or cream is good during winter for oily and acne type skin?   Thanks Priyanka
Acne
i am 18 years old and i face frequent yet mild breakouts. i do not wear face makeup, and i take pretty good care of my skin. what are some good products i could use to control these breakouts?
Acne
Hello! I was hoping you guys could help me figure out if i'm purging or having a bad reaction to the Drunk Elephant C-Firma Day Serum.  I started it on Tuesday, using it every second morning.  I have since broken out in four new pimples and one that was barely there when I started has come to the surface.    I know that Vitamin C can cause a purging like this and I was just hoping for some help determining if that's what's happening.  I would really like to know before I use it for a month and totally wreck my face (it scars really easily unfortunately).    Thanks in advance!  
Antiaging
I was randomly reading about a new mirror introduced at CES (the HiMirror) that scans your face and analyzes your skin and it had mentioned that there are a number of apps out there that can also do something similar, but I haven't found them. 
All Other Concerns
My boyfriend gets red, irritated skin in the winter. He says it is dry but there is no noticeable dryness. He uses cetaphil cream and aquaphor but the skin is still red on most days. I had him do a charcoal mask with me and it seemed to help but the redness returned the next day. Any suggestions on products he can use daily to reduce the redness and irritation during the winter months? 
Acne
I am extremely disappointed in Sephora. After all the money spent online and in stores, the only times I've ever really gotten samples is when ordering online. I thought the only time I got samples is when I did order online. As someone said, you shouldn't have to ask for samples when shopping in stores. So the only way for me to get samples is to PAY $10 a month for the Play box! So disappointing!!
Skincare Stories
Okay everyone, it's time for me to live vicariously through you!!   I'm dying to buy the new Drunk Elephant Baby Facial, but as a Canadian DE fan it is not available to me   Has anyone ordered it or tried it out yet? I want to hear your thoughts/opinions/experiences!!!
Acne
I 35 yo with adult acne issues and fine lines around my eyes. Therefore looking for organic acne and antiaging face products.
Untitled.jpg
Acne
OMG!!!! dream come true..just ordered Kevin Aucoin legacy palette and other stuff on hautelook as its on sale ladies
Dry
I have pretty dry skin, especially in winter, and it's the only cleanser I've been able to use for years. It is an absolutely lovely cleanser, but now that it's discontinued, I'm not sure what to purchase next. I really don't want to spend $30 on a cleanser, only to have it dry out my skin (or make it ridiculously oily). I don't like the melting cleaners, or the cream-based cleansers. I can't believe BM discontinued a perfect facial cleanser. Any suggestions? 
Dry
I need some new skin products. What products should I get?
Antiaging
i'm looking for  moisturizer