Skincare
Acne
How long does it take for a breakout to clear up? I am in that stage of a teen and I was wondering if this is normal? Or was the breakout caused by a product such as the benefit porefessional primer? Are breakouts caused by not exfoliating such as not using the Clarisonic? And if so how could I clear up the breakout and what products I should use?
IMG_20140321_173656988~2.jpg
Dry
I have very dry skin and every cream or liquid foundation I use seems to settle into my fine lines around my mouth and nose. The most recent foundations I used were Tarte Maracuja Mircale foundation and Nars Radiant Cream foundation. I moisturize in the morning and at night and my foundation will still settling into my fine lines and make me look older. I would love recommendations of foundations for dry skin. Also I need a fuller coverage foundation because I have rosacea that needs coverage. Thanks!
Antiaging
Hi i have normal to dry skin , some large pores on nose area,  and do have some fines line as well the 11 lines and  deep lines around mouth area,  also have some neck lines.  can someone suggest a good line for this age?
Lancome Genifique
Antiaging
I've been using the Peter Thomas Roth Laser-Free Resurfacer Serum. I like it but I'm always on the lookout for something better! I used the very last pump of it this morning so I'm looking to either re-purchase this weekend or buy something new and would love some suggestions. For moisturizer I use the corresponding Laser-Free Gel Moisturizer but I don't find you HAVE to pair them together.    I'd like to keep it under $75 My skin is normal-to-dry(ish) Anything that targets fine lines would be great   Considering First Aid Beauty's Dual Repair Power Serum. Anyone try that?   Thanks!   http://www.sephora.com/laser-free-resurfacer-P2780 21?skuId=1305937   http://www.sephora.com/dual-repair-power-serum-P37 7266?skuId=1487107          
Acne
Hi, I'm 13 years old and I have acne and I can't seem to get rid of it. Any suggestions? I'm willing to do anything (besides any surgery's)! PLEASE HELP ME. I NEED HELP!!
skin.jpg
Skincare Stories
Hi everyone!   So it's been, like forever, since I last posted on here.  Oh, how I've missed this beauty realm!  Anyway, I have an interesting topic I'd like to share and hear your thoughts on!   I grew up as the niece of a Mary Kay consultant, and from day one I was always told that every beauty regimen consisted of "cleansing, toning, and moisturizing".  In attempts to combat my acne-prone skin, I researched and researched the best ways to achieve clear skin and realized that toning isn't always the key to healthy, acne-free skin--everyone's skin is different, and sometimes being too harsh or using products that are too drying can actually CAUSE acne.  I had finally found a routine and products that worked and, through trial-and-error, discovered ingredients that aggravate my skin (which I now avoid).  Before, I had been using Murad's AHA/BHA Exfoliating Cleanser twice a day (I can already hear the gasps) and my skin was clearer than it had been in a while and my skin seemed to tolerate the exfoliation.  However, I'm moving to Florida in three weeks and was just recently there to scout out the area.  MAN, had I forgotten how HOT, HUMID, and MUGGY it is! Phew!! Guess what happened?  Of course my skin was constantly oily, and instantly began to break out.  And my Murad cleanser instantly seemed to stop helping and began aggravating my skin.  So when I returned home (Ohio), I realized that I really need to rethink my skincare routine and LISTEN to my skin.   ANYWAY, long story short, I re-visited my toner, Sea Breeze Original Formula.  I used this long ago, but stopped due to the fact that I was afraid of drying out my skin too much and therefore causing my skin to produce too much oil and therefore creating acne.  **ugh, the deadly cycle**.  So I've been using a gentle cleanser morning and night, followed by my Sea Breeze toner (I hate that they call it an *astringent*...it sounds so....harsh), followed by a gentle, basic moisturizer or my beloved Argan Oil.   Honestly, my skin improved overnight.  So I wondered, am I really CLEANING my skin enough?  Today, I experimented with just that!  I had nothing to do today (and by nothing, I mean NOTHING!) So that meant no makeup, nada. I cleansed, toned, and moisturized this morning at around 9:00.  It's 7:00 pm now and I was feeling grimy, so I cleansed my face then just took a few cotton rounds and toner and swiped them on my face.   OH. MY. GOSH....THE DIRT!!! It's unbelievable!! And this is from literally doing anything and not wearing any makeup!!! I'm just stunned by how much dirt and grime my toner and cotton pad were able to pick up, and it has really made me reconsider the methods in which we "clean" our face.  I know toners aren't for everyone, and I've been against them ever since I did my research on clearing acne-prone skin.  But my golly, I'm just stunned so I had to share this with you all, pictures included!!  I used it several times, the first cotton round being the first swipe, and the last one being a clean, un-used one (just so you can see the difference).   How do you feel about toners, and if you use 'em, which ones do you prefer?   P.S.  Sorry for the super. Incredibly. Long. Post.  It's been way too long, and I felt the need to be thorough.  Plus, as I said, I had NOTHING to do today, which equals boredom.  Which equals this post.  
Antiaging
My dermatologist, who is normally very conservative, recommended Dermapen sessions. I'm usually a skeptic when it comes to these sorts of things so I thought I'd see if any of you had tried it. Thank you!
Antiaging
I am in my early 30s and am starting to notice that my eyelids are beginning to droop a bit. The skin isn't as tight as it used to be and my makeup doesn't come out as well as it used to (the shadow in the crease). I used the search bar, and the answers were from 2010-2012, nothing too recent (there may be new products?). I know there are no miracle products, but can anyone suggest an eye cream/serum that will help to prevent future eyelid sagging? Thanks!
Combo / Normal
I am in search of a skin care routine that will even out my skin tone (redness in my cheeks I have had all of my life as well as acne scars). I am interested in finding a routine that includes all of the works (cleanser, toner, serums, etc) for what might work for my combination skin. I am in my mid-20s and concerned about aging so I would like the moisturizer to include SPF for day wear.
All Other Concerns
I bought three different 24k Donna Bella products from Hautelook recently because I thought it was a much less expensive way to try the brand.       I tried one of the products the other night - the 24k Deep Facial Peeling.  It left an awful gum residue on my face that actually balled up and got stuck on every facial hair on my lower jaw/chin area.  I had to use alcohol to remove it.  I am wondering if Hautelook sold expired or bad product?  It is also a non-returnable final-sale item, and Hautelook is refusing to take it back.      Has anyone else tried this product?  If so, does it really do this, or did I get a bad product? I am now afraid to try the other products I bought because I have to wonder about their freshness/authenticity. Thanks!
All Other Concerns
I have very pale skin and very dark hair. I have been waxing (legs and bikini) for almost a year now and things are not getting better - the hair is not getting thinner, etc. I am seriously considering buying a Tria to try laser hair removal. Anyone have experience with this? The reviews look good but I have to admit I am a little nervous about dropping so much money on something! Also, I get ingrown hairs VERY easily...will that continue with the laser removal or would it eliminate them? Thanks!
All Other Concerns
Hey guys, so I am taking a math mini-mester now plus I am working about 30 hours a week. I'm in class 9 hours per week plus long nights of homework since an entire semester is being crammed into 4 weeks. I have to wake up super early for class and I'm at work late at night, so I'm not getting enough sleep. My under eye circles are awful to say the least, and I'm breaking out a bit in my T-zone. Is there anything from anywhere that'll help with the stress causing my skin to freak out? My skin is pretty normal, not oily or dry really. It can be from anywhere?! Or any suggestions?
Oily
Has anyone tried this AmorePacific set or any of the products in this set? Is it good for Oily, Acne Prone Skin? Thoughts?
Natural & Organic
Hi, I am looking for a new skincare line and so far am interested in either Nude, Boscia, REN, Ole Henriksen, Korres, or Caudalie. I am overwhelmed by reviews online and all the information. My main concerns are minimizing pores and getting rid of blackheads, moisturizing, and preventing wrinkles (I am 30 and mainly have wrinkes around my eyes). I also plan to get the Clarisonic Mia 2 to use with the cleanser. Any help is much appreciated! Thanks
All Other Concerns
Hi, I am trying to decide between the Tria and the Me Smooth. The most important thing for me is to use it on my face, but I would also like to use whatever I get on my legs. So even if the Me is quicker and easier for legs, if it doesn't work well for the face due to being larger I don't think it would be right for me. Has anyone used the Me for the face? Thanks for your input.
Acne
Hi everyone! I will be starting Accutane treatment this fall for acne in my T-zone, and I will need a new daily makeup routine to deal with dry, flaky skin. I'm very, very self conscious without makeup, so going fresh-faced probably won't be an option. I have very sensitive, very pale skin, and I'm worried that my usual makeup will look weird and fake if my skin is flaking. It would be amazing if y'all could help me choose some products for daily use! Thanks! This is what makeup I wear on a daily basis: -primer -foundation -concealer -powder -blush -highlighter -bronzer -nude eyeshadow -eyeliner (pencil) -mascara -lip gloss So if y'all could help me find moisturizing products that won't look conspicuous with dry skin, that would be amazing! Oh, and one last thing: my Sephora+Pantone Color ID is 1R02! Thanks so much!
Oily
My T-zone is VERYYYYY oily... my cheeks also get shiny because of the large pores ( I do use a face primer for my face because of the oil and the pores. What are some of the best foundations for SUPER oily skin??
Oily
Hello all!   I was wondering if adding some kind of face oil (like Josie Maran Argan Oil) would help balance the oil in my skin?  Thanks for your advice and help.
Combo / Normal Skin
Recently I've been hunting for a new primer and I had hard time finding the one that would work good for my normal in summer and dry in winter skin. Most of the primers are targeted for oily skin, some of really hydrating ones are good for dry skin (way too hydrating for me), but there are not many primers which do something for normal skin. You probably wonder why would someone with normal skin need primer in the first place? Well, reason number one would be to prolong foundation wear time, but also even though I'm not really oily, I still do have some visible pores and fine lines I would like to hide. When I try to use primers like Porefessional or Too Faced one which are actually great in hiding pores, I can really feel how they dry out my skin (even when I use them for t-zone only). Smashbox one seem to be a little lighter, and I do use it for special occasions, but it's still too much for everyday use since my skin gets dry and flaky. Same goes for Hourglass one, though it's such a shame - it has lovely texture and SPF, and everyone seems to love it so much, but unfortunately it's not for me. Also I've tried MUFE primer, and while it didn't feel drying, it also didn't prolong my foundation wear time, and without that I don't see the point in this extra step.   I wonder if this is how my skin reacts to silicone-based primers, but it seems to be fine with silicone-based foundations, so I'm not 100% sure.   Recently I've tied NARS Pro-Prime™ Light Optimizing Primer SPF 15 and loved it - it went on like a lotion but without greasy feeling, filled in small pores, smoothed out my skin so foundation applied like a dream, and 10 hours later it still looked good. I've almost bought it but then I saw those small pink glittery particles that I didn't notice before. Now I'm a little bit concerned since I'm not sure if glitter won't cause clogged pores if used daily, and also I really don't want to be glittery during the day.    I've searched through NARS website and found another primer that Sephora doesn't carry (though I think they used to carry it) - NARS Pro-Prime Multi-Protect Primer SPF 30. Has anyone used it before?Is it the same one as SPF 15 but without glitter?   I was hoping that maybe someone has experience with both primers and could explain the difference.   Also feel free to suggest any other primer that you think might work.   Thanks in advance
upload_7290957086599104191.jpg
Skincare Stories
My skin is darker on some places on my body like my neck and my knees, elbows and underarms. How do I remove those dark spots, or reset it to be the same colors with the rest of my body? Spoiler (Highlight to read)    
Skincare Stories
Hello all -   In high school and college, I suffered from really bad cystic and hormonal acne. I used Proactiv during that time and for the most part it helped to clear up those breakouts. However, I feel that after 5 years of using the system, my skin wasn't progressing. I now have uneven skin tone, enlarged pores, hyperpigmentation, and severe post acne scarring. I also get blackheads around my nose and cheek area which are under the skin. I want to extract them, but I'm afraid of further scarring. Most days, I wear foundation (Lancome's Teint Ultra in 430 Bisque C) to conceal my uneven tone and scarring. I decided in January of this year to invest in new skincare products. I stopped using the Proactiv and switched to Clinique's Acne Solutions Kit. Along with the kit, I use the following products:    - Kate Somerville Oil Free Moisturizer (morning and nightly) - Murad Oil Control Mattifier SPF 15 (every day before makeup application) - Kate Somerville ExfoliKate Intensive Exfoliating Treament (2-3 times a week) - Kate Somerville EradiKate Acne Treatment (spot treatment as needed)  - Glam Glow Supermud Clearing Treatment (1-2 times a week, sometimes right after using ExfoliKate)  - Murad Post Acne Spot Lightening Gel (nightly)  While I love all of these products, I find that now in July, my face pretty much looks the same as it did in the beginning of the year. I don't want to feel discouraged, but at the same time I want to trust that investing so much money and time in these products will yield results. I follow beauty bloggers on the Internet, and many of them rave about the Clarisonic. I've been intrigued for many months now and I'm wondering whether I should purchase it. Will this be the answer I'm looking for? Will it finally help me achieve even toned, clear, and bright skin? Can you recommend any other products that deliver visible results? Do I need to stop using one of the above products? Any skin product life savers? Any help, advice, and product recommendations would be fantastic. Thank you so much! 
Dry
Hi, I'm 23 years old. My skin type is dry and sensitive. I'm wondering which toner could give my enough moisture as well as brightening? The toner is better be alcohol-free because of my sensitive skin.    What do you think about SK-II and Estee Lauder? Is it too early to use these 2 brands?   Thank you
Dry
i have dry to normal skin and ive been wanting start a skincare night time routine. i dont know where to start i need something that will take off the toughest makeup.. like waterproof mascara and everything else. 
Oily
What do you guys think about Eve Lom for Oily, Acne Prone Skin? Has anyone ever tried it?
Skincare Stories
I'm thinking of having a chemical peel done at the doctors office. I have some sun damage, discoloration, and a few wrinkles that I would like to see gone. Has anyone had this done by a professional? If so what was your experience?   I use the Dr. Gross Alapha Beta Peel Extra Strength Formula every evening and my face seems to respond well - it doesn't irritate my skin but it does leave it brighter and more smooth.   What do you think?
Oily
I've been using the Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel for almost a year now getting bored of it. I feel like it's not giving me enough moisture. Is there anything similar or better to this? And under $35 would be great   oh and I have oily skin 
Dry
I am in love with this product!!!! I love the scent as well.  I was wondering if the other products have that awesome scent?  I was going to buy the body scrub.  I think the name is Sugar?  Can you recommend the products that go to gether
Dry
I am looking for some skin care products to help with my dry, sensitive skin (I have eczema). I am also prone to blocked pores if the formula is to thick and doesn't absorb well. I have my daytime moisturizer with SPF squared away, so this would be more for nighttime/weekend use.   I tried the High Potency Night-A-Mins™ Mineral-Enriched Renewal and it didn't work for me. My skin never got moisturized, but would end up greasy and has started breaking out.   Any advice is greatly appreciated!