Answer
VivianGreen
skin care regimine for preventive aging-close to 40!
(0) Hearts

What are the best skin care products for someone close to 40?  I want to keep my skin fresh looking and protected!  Thanks!!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Answers: 1
lylysa
Answered
(0) Hearts

I would definitely look into lines likes Peter Thomas Roth, Philosophy's Miracle Worker, and even some products from Ole heriksen (their Truth Serum is divine).

Retinol is honestly one of the top anti-aging ingredients one can use because of it's potency and ability to treat and address so many concerns such as fine lines, deep wrinkles, loss of elasticity, dark spots, and more.

Retinol itself a a pretty high powered ingredient, so if you haven't used any retinol based products before, ease into it with maybe a moisturizer (use at night as retinol can make skin a bit light sensitive) or a treatment serum and use it every third night for a few weeks, then every second night, then every other, until your skin has a tolerance and is acclimated to it. More mild forms of retinol (vitamin A) include retinyl palmitate or retinol palmitate. Retinoids are also easier to use as they allow of a slower release of the active ingredient into skin so it's a more controlled dosage (like in Philosophy's Miracle Worker line).

I'm also in love with using vitamin C, it's a great treatment product for dark/age/sun spots, boosting collagen production, and brightening and evening the skin. Ole Heriksen's Truth Serum helps plump and boosts skin's elasticity and helps to even spots. I use it for post acne marks and it's so gentle and such a wonderful product. It's a great day-time friendly product that you can pair with a retinol based night time routine.

Feel free to shoot me a personal message for more info, skin care is a huge passion of mine and we can go into more specifics if you like!

Question Stats
  • 1 answer
  • 0 hearts
  • 2 in conversation
    • lylysa
    • VivianGreen