Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

YOUR SKINCARE STORY

this little questionnaire is floating around instagram, and i thought it might be fun to bring it over here. i'll post the questions written out in the spoiler for easy copying & pasting, and post my answers below too 🙂

skincarestory.jpg

Spoiler

1. How did you get into skincare ?

2. What is your favorite skincare step ?

3. What is your favorite skincare ingredient ?

4. Which products are currently on your wishlist ?

5. Which brand / product would you never spend your money on ?

6. What is your biggest skincare regret ?

7. What is your HG skincare trick ?

8. What are 3 of your all time favorite products ?

9. Who is your skincare inspiration ?

10. What is your 2017 skincare goal ?

Re: YOUR SKINCARE STORY

@jemly

1. How did you get into skincare ? I used to loathe it b/c my mom was religious about it and it was a real turn off.  Then, I got bored and started reading Paula Begoun.  I was lucky b/c I had a friend that was interested in it at the same time, and her sister is now a dermatologist.

2. What is your favorite skincare step ? Washing!  I feel so clean afterward.  Of course, a close second is using my oil blotting sheets - they are a real pick me up.

3. What is your favorite skincare ingredient ? Retinoids.

4. Which products are currently on your wishlist ? I'm looking into a new Vitamin C serum b/c I think my Paula's Choice one may be making me greasy; maybe DE.

5. Which brand / product would you never spend your money on ? Kardashian skincare 

6. What is your biggest skincare regret ? I wish I had access to better advice and products when I was in high school.  But that was years ago.

7. What is your HG skincare trick ? It's not a trick, but I do a.m., p.m. and afternoon skincare.  I like sneaking in an extra step b/c I don't enjoy piling on too many products at once.

8. What are 3 of your all time favorite products ? Retin-A, Paula's Choice BHA 9, Neutrogena Fresh Foaming Cleanser

9. Who is your skincare inspiration ? I never thought about it!  I read that Greta Garbo had such great skin and eyebrows that she didn't need makeup!  

10. What is your 2017 skincare goal ? To do all I can to utilize anti-aging products.  I got an eye cream and an antioxidant serum.  I need to see if there is anything else I need.

Anonymous Insider

I got the Caudalie birthday gift this year and realized that it really help even out my skin and decrease my acne! Downside is I came to find out it's not cruelty free, so now I'm hunting for a cruelty free skincare routine that is just as effective!

I love face mask treatmeants!!! My all time favorites are the ones that you can peel off afterwards. Second favorite would have to be moisturizer, which just makes me feel very hydrated and clean.

I love all natural ingredients. I'm really not that picky with ingredients, as long as I can pronounce it without help and easily look up what it does. My concern is more with making sure these ingredients weren't tested on animals than anything else.

4. Which products are currently on your wishlist?

I'm still on the hunt for a good skincare regimen, but I think I'm starting to love the samples of the First Aid Beauty skincare routine I got and have the larger products on my wishlist!

Shiseido. I splurged a little for an eye cream from them but then found out not only are they expensive as all get out AND not cruelty free.. So not worth the guilty conscious and empty wallet.

I tried the glamglow masks and am apparently allergic to every single one. After the clearing mask my face was more red than a Weasley Boy's hair color. Never ever again.

7. What is your HG skincare trick?

When you're closer to your period, make sure to keep on top of toner so that your acne doesn't drastically increase!

I'm still on the hunt so I can't say just yet. I'm hopeful with First Aid Beauty though!

I don't really have one, I just know I need to get better at caring for my face.

To find a cruelty-free routine that works for me, so that I can properly care for my face. I've never really took the time to care for anything about me- I've only recently really gotten into makeup. But I'm taking this time to explore the beauty world in order to show myself that I am worth caring for and I am more than just barely average looking. My self-image isn't the greatest, but it's a lot better than it used to be!

1. How did you get into skincare?

Years ago, I used to live in this really tiny town where everyone knew each other, and had a part time job working for a small French chocolatier in the city centre. There was another shop a few streets over that was also run by a French couple, and they used to stop in regularly to buy treats for each other. I used to frequent their shop (think Anthro-esque in terms of beauty, candles, stationery) and discovered L'Occitane there. At first I just bought the hand cream, but one day I saw they were having a big sale and decided to check out their skincare. Emmanuel said they unfortunately had to drop the line since L'Occitane wanted them to carry too much product for a shop their size, and this was going to be it. He walked me through the range, made lots of suggestions, and I ended up getting a ton of things. When I got home I saw that he had put in lots of samples and minis, and everything I tried was amazing. I went on the L'Occitane site to learn more about my pretties, and was instantly hooked. It was like this whole new world was before me, and suddenly the ritual of cleansing my skin morning and night became something I looked forward to. Even today, I can't look at the Immortelle line without recalling fond memories of Emmanuel and Debra. ❤️

2. What is your favorite skincare step?

The moment after the routine ends, and all the products are sinking in, working their magic. Cleansing is a close second.

3. What is your favorite skincare ingredient?

Hmm, I don't actually have one. I suppose anything that makes the product smell divine. Yes, I know added fragrance is often frowned upon, but if it smells good (or even has no smell) I'm far more likely to use it than if it stinks.

SO MANY. Hmm, I'm in the market for an essence, want to try out some of those new Origins sheet masks and more of the GinZing line, some Alpha H, more from Omorovicza, Sarah Chapman, Lancer, and Oskia, and would love to try anything May Lindstrom. I haven't yet, because I fear I'll be going down a very expensive road if I do...

5. Which brand / product would you never spend your money on?

Not really a "never" person, but I suppose if the Kardashians have a skincare line in addition to their others I'd be unlikely to buy. I'm a bit leery of those bee venom products, but that's mostly due to allergies and wondering if they could cause a reaction. Also, I know it's crazy, but Drunk Elephant and Sunday Riley have never played nicely with my skin.

6. What is your biggest skincare regret?

That I only have one face! So many exciting things to try, and so little skin to use it on.

Er, I rather don't think I have any. I do take minis of my skincare routine whenever I travel, just so there's one less thing for my skin to freak out about. Other than that, just basic things like eating well, drinking lots of water, exercise, and sunscreen. 

8. What are 3 of your all time favorite products?

Such a hard question! Ok, um Omorovicza Thermal Cleansing Balm (because it was my intro to the brand and made me love the slow ritual of a balm double cleanse), L'Occitane Immortelle Essential Water (the one that started it all, and is still my favorite toner) and lastly Lancer the Method Polish (hands down the best I've ever tried). Honorable mention: my Clarisonic, sheet masks, any foot-peeling booties (so creepy and so awesome!)

9. Who is your skincare inspiration? 

Ruth Crilly, Caroline Hirons, and the classic French girl with little makeup and fantastic skin.

10. What is your 2017 skincare goal?

Learn more, and be willing to step away from my favorites temporarily to try something new - but not because it's new and trendy, only if it seems like it would be a good fit for me. Stress less.

BT! My mom taught me to always wash, moisturize, and not pick at my face but that's it. We didn't know a lot about ingredients/products/skin types. It wasn't until I read about skincare on BT that I started to care.

Facial Spray maybe? I really like to hose myself down. 

I don't really know enough about ingredients to answer confidently. I look for hyaluronic acid. I mainly just look for things to avoid haha (vitamin C, shea butter, alcohols, fragrance, mineral oil)

A bunch of sheet masks, Fresh rose toner and sugar scrub, Murad Hydrating Toner, and a bunch of cleansers I can't decide on.

La Mer, SK-II, Dior, Drunk Elephant, Belif, Glamglow, Amore Pacific, Estee Lauder, Lancome, and Cetaphil

I definitely picked (and still pick) at my face more than I should. I haven't seen any problems because of it yet, but I'm waiting.

I recently started putting eye cream on the fine lines around my mouth and it's really improved them. Also, @jemly taught me to put oil on all your problems. 

That's hard. Nude Rescue Oil, Caudalie Vinosource Moisturizer, Mario Badescu Cellufirm drops? The drops are recent, but I lurrve them.

Jemly and Mochapj!!! They are so helpful and patient. They will answer all my skincare questions and are very knowledgeable about ingredients. 

Cut out the lazy-night routine and do the full routine even when I don't feel like it. And in general, whittle down my collection to the things that actually work for me (basically use or trash all the samples/DS things)

skincare

Anonymous Insider

My skin's sensitive, and breakout prone (not black/whiteheads, but inflamed bumps in reaction to so many things). I like keeping it controlled, and I'm doing good most of the time. 

Cleansing...(Shu Uemura cleansing oil for makeup removal, regular bar soap or la roche posay cleanser)

Nothing in particular. I have more that I should avoid, but I don't have "favorite". 

Sisley hydraflash--I'm not sure anything with AHA can work on my skin. 

La Mer...? Their serums/treatments are all disaster. Creams are only okay, somewhat irritating nonetheless. 

Sunday Riley. I know this brand is well-loved, but another disaster for my skin. I like one face oil from there. Everything else was disaster. 

I always thought using bar soap on face=crime. I only discovered it's fine and even better when I have some inflamed bumps to recover from. 

Also, not realizing limiting sugar intake is important. I'm not diabetic at all (not sure if it's because I'm small?) but limiting sugar reduces inflammation when it's already inflamed. 

Home laser treatments? When I'm in the U.S., I live in a small miserable (according to my preference) town, and accessibility to dermatologist/aesthetician here is nothing comparable to in Seoul (but honestly, I lived in multiple cities in different countries, and I bet Seoul has the best accessibility to derm/aesth or any health care in general. These home devices makes me feel great and works, actually. My derm in Seoul believes that they are risk-free and can be as effective as any LED treatments given that I don't need any drastic measures to keep/improve my skin (and more suitable for my sensitive skin type as they don't involve any photosensitizing agents). 

Also, not LAYERING SO MUCH.  I know layering works well for so many people, but I realized only recently how layering so much (toner+moisturizing essence lotion+serum+thinner moisturizer+cream) interferes with my skin's natural rhythm. I now only use less (in terms of amount and # of products) and this reduces the need to exfoliate. 

Baby Quasar laser devices

Sisley Ecological Compound (second bottle)

-I love Sisley in general. I know so many people say and I agree how their formula's outdated/lackluster. I don't even know why but they work great on my skin, except that black rose oil. What's the magic, really?

Darphin intral serum (I don't know what their magic is, just works so well when my skin needs to calm down. Downside, they're expensive. I can use a bottle for 1~2 weeks, while I need 8-12 months to use up my other serum/moisturizer)

There's none. I think there's no BEST product for everyone. I discourage the idea of finding the BEST serum, moisturizer, etc. In my opinion, there are certainly good or bad options, but no single best solution for every skin...

Keeping it healthy and more resistant to environmental/internal stress. I don't know how (I don't think anyone knows how?) but will try. 

Hi @jemly, this is such a cute questionnaire! I love it. (: 

I got into skincare because my skin really started reacting out during the end of high school and beginning of college. A lot of breakouts, uneven skintone, oiliness! 

My favorite skincare step would be a mask! Face mask, sheet mask, you name it. (: 

This is a hard one! Right now I'd say maybe anything with hyaluronic acid or tea tree oil since I have blemishes? 

SK-II Essence, Shiseido Benefiance WrinkleResist24 Intensive Eye Contour Cream,and Amore Pacific Treatment Toner.

I don't think I can go back to drug store cleansers or most skin care products besides a basic moisturizer. I've really found that spending more money on a product can really make a big difference! 

I wish I started taking care of my skin earlier. I think it would have made a big difference! 

A mask a day keeps the problems away (hopefully). 😉

Missha Treatment Essence Intensive (I don't think I can live without this anymore), Caudalie Beauty Elixir (I've bought 2 full sizes and 3 travel sizes so far, please stop me!), and any Korean face mask (I have like 20 in my drawer!). 

My skincare inspiration would probably have to be any Korean female celebrity, okay even some of the male celebrities! Their skin is so perfect, flawless, and ugh so jealous. 

Even out my skin! My skintone is still a bit uneven and if it was even and got blemishes, I think I could deal with that better. I also think that going out without makeup or less makeup would be another goal. (: 

XOXO,
Marieke
Anonymous Insider

Don't worry, from my experience (encounters), not so many of them have near-perfect skin (I only guess heavy makeup+heavy lighting+irregular schedule+stress+restrictive diet don't work favorably) and many visit dermatologists religiously. I see many of them when I'm visiting derm. 

1. How did you get into skincare?

Years ago my best friend managed an Avon kiosk at the mall. She had me try their Renew line. It made an enormous difference in my skin, but I didn't like the smell. I've been looking for the perfect treatment since.

2. What is your favorite skincare step?

Micro-needling. It makes such a huge difference for me.

3. What is your favorite skincare ingredient?

Sea buckthorn oil

Fresh's Black Tea Corset Cream

5. Which brand/product would you never spend your money on?

Adore. It just seems gimmicky and expensive for the sake of being expensive.

6. What is your biggest skincare regret?

Picking at blemishes. So much hyperpigmentation resulted.

I did a bunch of research into essential oils and came up with my own version of May Lindstrom's Youth Dew. I've tried hers, and I like mine just as much. I put it in gorgeous Egyptian glass bottles, and it made a great gift for my mom and sister-in-law at Christmas.

8. What are 3 of your all time favorite products?

Exuviance's Performance Peel

Fresh's Sugar Lip Treatment

Fresh's Seaberry Oil Cleanser

9. Who is your skincare inspiration?

Winona Ryder

10. What is your 2017 skincare goal?

Fade the hyperpigmentation from my latest picked blemish 😕

Spoiler

1. How did you get into skincare ?    Reading much on BT, and the help of Meganlisa initially.  EDIT- I initally thought this question said KBeauty-- so Meganlisa helped me with the Kbeaurty part, but BT for most skincare as a mature adult.

2. What is your favorite skincare step ?  the serum

3. What is your favorite skincare ingredient ? Retinol and Hyaluronic acid

4. Which products are currently on your wishlist ? Im going to say more Sunday Riley, after I finish my many deluxe and foils.  May Linstrom has been on my radar but cant quite pull the trigger.

5. Which brand / product would you never spend your money on ? La Mer for one...

6. What is your biggest skincare regret ? Not finding the ingredients that caus eme to break out until recently, or not paying attention to them.  I also regret the time spent in the sun, which I am sure will catch up to me.

7. What is your HG skincare trick ?  I dont have a trick, but Ive learned its not about the makeup but the skincare under.

8. What are 3 of your all time favorite products ?  I love Good Genes, love a good face mask, and cleansing oil-- I used to be afraid of oils, as my skin can be oily but Ive realized it helps, not makes it more oily. 

9. Who is your skincare inspiration ?  My 8th grade teacher looked so young, and I once asked her why-- just being a typical nosey student, and she replied "I use oil of olay" everey night.  That same week, I started saving to buy myself some Oil of Olay and used it every night like she said she did.  Over the years, Ive graduated to some more high tech skin care options, but I never forgot what she meant by saying she used it every night.

10. What is your 2017 skincare goal ?  I need to drink more water for sure.

Skincare.....Ooooooh!

To find a cure for pimples like most everyone else!

I went to facialists for dermabrasion and dermatologists for the 'cure.'  I went looking for Accutane and didn't stop until I got it. They don't like prescribing to girls because of the birth defect risks.

Had nice skin from my mid-teens to early 30's.

When my skin went crazy at 32, I took Spirolactone for 1 year and now my skin is good!

(This is not a med you take forever)

-Extra sleep time & Fresh Air! I leave my skin alone and bare as much as I can.

-mild retinols, rose, and marula oil. 

-I am a sucker for delicious scents!  (but, supposedly 'fragrance' is bad for skin). I don't care. lol! I want that 'spa feel' 24/7.

-BOTOX

-Weird question. All is game! 

-Scrubbing my face with 'grainy' facial exfoliators

-Using Retin-A on pimples.  This just made the pimple soft, red, broke my skin, and finally scab.  Thank gosh, I don't have any scars.  I just figured this out myself.....not the Derm! 

-Sleeping on my back

-Keeping hair away from face

-Wash with plain water (or, wipe) after sweating

-Wearing large sunglasses

-Sunscreen around eyes

-H2o & Vitamins

-mild retinols (Luna Oil, Help Me)

-masks (I also love individuals for lips and eyes)

-some kind of non-drying astringent 

-PMD

-Real women with beautiful skin. I see so many while out. 

-To maintain with as few products and pony tricks as possible! I have great skin.

Anonymous Insider

Botox is really interesting. I'm 23 (turning 24) and I get botox once or twice every year on my forehead to prevent forehead wrinkle. It seems that injecting low concentration all over face does magic (to my mom)...everyone thinks she's 32 when she's actually 52...evens out skin texture like nothing else. 

1: I always had great skin but during my 2nd pregnancy, my skin started changing quickly, i got hyperpigmentation and discoloration. Ofcourse I thought it was a phase and will pass after delivery on its own. I didnt have time to pay much attention to m,yself for a many months after that. Once our routine settled with new baby, I realized all the -ve effects of pragnancy were still on my face and my skin didnt go back to its pre-pregnancy state. that was an eye opner moment for me. 

2:Peels and Masks, I wish I can do a mask twice a day everyday. LOL

3:Hyaluronic acid and a series of other acids in general and Caffine in eye products.

4:My skin care wishlist is infinite, I am toying with the idea of getting DDG steamer but cant makeup my mind if I should or shouldnèt. 

5:Cant say a specific brand.I have separtate preferences for each type of products and those preferances include every thing from Price to the ingredients to many more factors.

6:Not started paying attention to my skin and putting it all in the pregnancy downs when it first showing signs of damage. 

7:Cleansing and moisturizing. I dont skip proper cleansing at night no matter hwhat (unless I am too helpless to do it). I would skip serums and other products and jump straight to moisturizer if  I cant do my whole routine but thorough cleansing cant be compromised.

8: It is a really hard question. I can tell my current favourites but all time favourites are hard. Still I think Ièll pick Shu Uemura Ultim8 cleansing oil, Philosopĥy micro delivery dual phase peel (I use PMD now but still now and then skip that to use my beloved peel) Boscia thermal black cleanser. These 3 products I am using for many years and keep coming back to them again and again.

9: My sisters.

10: Stay consistent with my routine

I like this @jemly.  Thank you.

In phases.

Spoiler

10 yrs ago I discovered acid exfoliation when a facialist used Dr. Dennis Gross peel pads on me.  It felt like a miracle product.  Unfortunately I didn't stay consistent after a while.

When I entered my late 30s, hormonal shenanigans made my skin cranky.  I was compelled to reassess my skincare completely.  I also focused on other factors like diet and stress that now made a more significant impact on my overall skin and body health.

Since then I have educated myself, have indulged, and greatly benefited from a consistent and ramped up skincare for my now "adult" skin.  I am not an expert, but I also do not consider myself a lay person when it comes to understanding skincare (or my own skin).  I don't buy products based on miracle marketing claims that bend the rules of science, nor do I fear my apparent impending death due to parabens.  Thankfully.

- Exfoliation

- Acid.

- None that I know of.  Skincare items don't stay long on my wishlist.   

- La Mer (I have more on this list I'm sure).

- After my introduction to DDG,  I wish I had stayed with a routine (that included exfoliation) consistently.  Acid exfoliation has been a game changer by far.

- Layering products (especially hydrating products).

- Aurelia Cell Repair Night Oil, DDG peel pads, Oskia Renaissance Gel cleanser.

9. Who is your skincare inspiration.

- It isn't one person.  I have been inspired by people I know personally, and some I only know from afar.  The common trait in all of them is that their beauty doesn't revolve around "fighting" or "denying" age.  It is only to thrive.     

- To continue to understand my skin, adapt, and stay on top of it.  Skincare is more than products, it is diet and overall well being as well.

Anonymous Insider

This is a great thread! I have become somewhat of a skincare junkie and it is so fun to see what influences others 🙂

1. How did you get into skincare ?  I was newly diagnosed with alopecia in my late 20s and having a very "woe is me moment" and figured if my hair was falling out, I could at least spend the money that I am saving on hair cuts, colors, etc. on nice skincare. I went straight to the Sisley counter at Saks and spent more than I would like to admit on a full routine. After having extreme buyers regret, I started googling the products I bought trying to validate my extravagant purchase. That's when I stumbled upon A Model Recommends and Caroline Hiron's blogs and the rest is history. 

2. What is your favorite skincare step ?  The double cleanse! If I start my routine off in the right manner, the rest just seems to fall into place. 

3. What is your favorite skincare ingredient ? Acids, for sure. I think adding chemical exfoliation into my routine has had the biggest impact on my skin. A few favorites include BR P50 1970 and Dr. Dennis Gross Alpha Beta pads. 

4. Which products are currently on your wishlist ? Shiva Rose milk cleanser, anything from Leahlani and Mahalo, Omorovicza Moor Cream Cleanser

5. Which brand / product would you never spend your money on ? Hmm, I am pretty much a never say never person. For example, I never thought I would by products from an MLM company but one of my best friends became a Beautycounter rep and I took the bait...

6. What is your biggest skincare regret ? Getting into the skincare game late. My mom tried to make me interested in high school and I had full Clinique and Erno Laszlo routines. However, I thought they were both way to complicated. I just wanted Proactiv, like all of my friends (oh the tragedy). 

7. What is your HG skincare trick ? I think just being consistent in a complete skincare routine and choosing products based on what my skin needs (and not based on what brand/type of product is hot at the moment)

8. What are 3 of your all time favorite products ? TH Purifying Cleanser, BR P50 1970, MV Organics 9 oil tonic, Sisley Ecological Compound (this contains mineral oil but leaves a great matte finish and was the first high end product I fell in love with - a nostalgic choice for me)

9. Who is your skincare inspiration ? Caroline Hirons, Ruth Crilly, regular contributors to the skincare routine thread on BT

10. What is your 2017 skincare goal ? Use up a lot of the products that I have accumulated over the past year and limit my purchases of new products. I think this will be easier said than done!

Anonymous Insider

The Shiva Rose cleanser and Omorovicza cream cleanser I have rotating now. Both are lovely and I think warrant a purchase. I have a few Leahlani products, I like the mermaid mask and bless balm but  the siren serum wasn't that great for me. Mahalo has some great items. I love the rare indigo balm and tonight I tried the unveil cleansing balm and it's great. I've also tried the Pele and Petal masks but I'm so backlogged with masks I won't be purchasing full sizes of those. To get my mask fix I order samples through the detox market when I want to use them. Most of your wishlist you can order samples of other then the Leahlani products. 

@Anonymous

Anonymous Insider

Thanks for the reply @Anonymous - I saw on the skincare routines thread that you have recently been using the Shiva Rose and Omorovicza cleanser and have been meaning to ask how you like them! Also, glad to hear that you love the Mahalo Rare Indigo Balm - I am almost finished with ML TBC and wanted to try some new products before reordering. I think a Detox Market sample order is in my future 🙂 

I've always loved routines and potions. My first was the iconic (and not perfect) Clinique routine.

Cleansing! It's so satisfying 

I can't commit to one. My skin loves acids, so I am adventurous there. 

I like rotating essences/serums/oils, so I am always interested in something new there. I would like to have a second ride-or-die moisturizer, just for variety.

Never say never, but I don't find MLM brands appealing.

Washing my teenage skin raw in an effort to prevent acne. I have the fairy capillaries to remember that time in my life.

Lots of water, sweat with a clean face, pamper with mud masks and good oils (especially in lieu of other treats). Fine, that's three or four. I use them together!

Chamomile tea: brew, drink, place bags on eyes. Rose water mist, it reminds me of my grandmother. Bite agave lip mask.

My five year old daughter. She is so beautiful, so perfect, and she wants to be like me. Which makes me want to do better. 

Ah, let's see: change the things I can and accept the things I can't? Finding a "best self" is tricky because there isn't really an end goal. So, satisfaction in the process.

1. How did you get into skincare ?  About 20 years ago a friend introduced me to a friend of hers who had had really bad acne, but you couldn't tell.  Her "secret" was using Clinique 7-Day Scrub.  That was the beginning of my using better quality/higher end skin care.

2. What is your favorite skincare step ?  To this day, I still love the feeling of using a scrub!

3. What is your favorite skincare ingredient ?  I don't have a "favorite" ingredient as much as I look for and like natural and quality ingredients.

4. Which products are currently on your wishlist ?  I have a lot of skin care on my Loves list.  Specifically, I'm still looking for the right moisturizer toner.  A few items on my list include Skin Laundry Brightening Serum with Glycolic Acid (I had an unpleasant reaction to lactic acid), Skin Laundry Anti-oxidant Toner, Dr. Jart+ Water Fuse Gel, Drunk Elephant Dayglow, and Herbivore Lapis or Orchid oil (not sure which).  (Comments and suggestions welcome!)

5. Which brand / product would you never spend your money on ?  I don't buy products with any version of Retinol (vitamin A) or lactic acid due to allergic reactions.  Otherwise, I don't have an aversion to any particular brand.

6. What is your biggest skincare regret ?  My biggest regret is something that I had no control over:  I started breaking out when I was 8 years old and my breakouts became cystic when I was 10.  My parents did nothing--they did not take me to the doctor or dermatologist.  My cystic acne was sever, not mild or moderate.  There was probably not a lot that could have been done back then (1970s), but it sure would have helped my self-confidence if they had shown some compassion towards my "disfiguration."  When I moved out on my own, one of the first things I did was go to a dermatologist.  Of course, by then it was too late to really do anything.  But after a few years of trying everything approved for cystic acne and everything that had a side effect of clearing acne, my dermatologist finally found the right med.  By then I was around 35.  Now at 52 my cystic acne is coming back due to premenopause!  I am just so excited!  This has been within the last year or so.  I'm just getting started on what can be done about that!

7. What is your HG skincare trick ?  Using a scrub has been the biggest help in keeping my skin looking good.

8. What are 3 of your all time favorite products ?  PTR Anti-aging Cleansing Gel, FAB Face Cleanser, Algenist Multi-perfecting Detoxifying Exfoliator

9. Who is your skincare inspiration ?  Other BTers!

10. What is your 2017 skincare goal ?  To improve my skincare routine.  There's nothing wrong with it; it's basic and does the job.  As I said in #4, I still need to find the right moisturizer and toner.  In addition, from reading what you BTers talk about, I would like to try other products such as oil and glycolic acid to see if they would improve my skin.

Anonymous Insider

I really like the Herbivore Orvhid oil in my morning routine. It really helps my base look glowy and fresh. Lapis wasn't for me. 

Thanks @Anonymous!

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
Photos3
  • skincarestory.jpg
  • IMG_3374.PNG
  • skincare
testing