What skincare product are you into right now?

ChicDabbler

What skincare product are you into right now?

BORED. So borrrrrrreeeeed! You know how sometimes you'd have a closet full/bursting with clothe but "nothing to wear"? I'm like that right now with skincare. Currently I'm using a retinol serum at night, so I can't try any fancy exfoliating stuff. And it's really dry winter, so I don't wanna risk flaky skin with new moisturizers. Which leaves masks as the one thing I can play around with......... so far I've tried ALL of Glamglow, Boscia, Wei and Origin's masks. Also Murad clarifying, SK-II/When/Shiseido sheet masks, Fresh Rose/Black Tea, PTR cucumber/sulfur, and OH blue/blackberry. This is literally me right now (minus the sexy air):

upload_3176417168219785134.jpg

So, any mask recommendations?

Or is there a new skincare product you are trying and liking? do tell. =)

lylysa

Re: What skincare product are you into right now?

I think I may have a mini bottle of the opaque AL bottle around, must investigate tonight (last night while I was checking my new bottle I was totally thinking "Ooo, must remember to report back to my girls in BT!" :smileytongue:). It feels like it's a frothier cream, I notice it gives more of a lather than the original.

katie1724

[ Edited ]

I know! I bought another glycolic cleanser (I think it was PTR?) once in a pinch, but it was so harsh and drying! The only other one I've ever liked was La Roche Posay Biomedic (they no longer make it, but sold the formula to SkinCeuticals). I liked the formula, but it's way more expensive than AL, and I seem to go through it pretty quickly. I used both of these before AL, but switched to AL once I fell in love with it. 

DTalksAll

@katie1724 after much searching I think I found a few replacements:

Vivite Daily Facial Cleanser- $28 for 6 oz, I don't know if it's creamy, but it has 12% glycolic acid 

Glytone Mild Cream Wash- $30 for 6.7 oz, only 3.4% glycolic 

M.D. Forte Facial Cleanser III- $36.80 for 8 oz, has 20% glycolic

Elave Age Delay Daily Cleanser- $38 for 6.7 oz, doesn't say percentage, but it's high on the list & few ingredients. 

Glycolix 10% Moisturizing Cleanser- $24 for 6.7 oz

Not really related, but somehow stumbled upon PCA Pigment Bar which has Kojic acid in it. 

katie1724

(0) Hearts

Thanks, @dannyc! I'll have to check these out. The one thing I don't know is what percentage of glycolic acid the AL cleanser has (lylysa, do you know?), but I do know that when I used PTR (or DDF, I forget), it was really irritating (but I don't know that percentage, either). I'll have to do some research! :smileyhappy:

lylysa

(0) Hearts

Unfortunately I don't know the percentage of the GA in the AL wash :smileysad:, I like how gentle it is and my skin hasn't had any reactions to the formula change so that's good.

evno

(0) Hearts

I recommend the Korres milk protein one! I tried a sample of it a month or so ago, and if my budget had allowed, I would have gotten it. :smileyhappy:

ChicDabbler

Aww, according to Kevinbt it might be discontinued/repackaged (I asked since it's been OOS forever). No news yet of new shipment I assume, but since it's so popular/got such good reviews I'm assuming it's gonna be back....hopefully not reformulated. I hated when things get reformulated. -.-;

evno

(0) Hearts

Me, too. I never understand reformulation. Repackaging, yes, but reformulating a bestseller? (glare at Korres)  

Then I'd recommend trying the Murad one. I've heard some good reviews about it. 

evno

Beautytester, you've probably tried more skincare than all of us combined! Please share some products that you've liked so far. :smileyhappy:

ChicDabbler

Well, I like KGD cleansing water and Clinique balm in purple jar for makeup remover. Boscia purifying cleansing gel and Clarins gentle foam for cleanser. Dr. Brandt microderm, Philosophy microdelivery dual phase and exfolikate gentle for exfoliator. Origins Charcoal, Fresh rose and OH black/blueberry enzyme for masks. Clinique toner 2 is great for oil-control and refresher in the summer. Clinique moisture surge is my goto summer night moisturizer, PTR spf35 is my goto winter day moisturizer, and OH truth serum is my goto summer serum.

I have not found my ideal toner for winter, moisturizer w/spf for summer, and night moisturizer for winter yet (love algenist, price is a no no). And I would like to find another favorite serum aside from OH.

DTalksAll

Don't you have a closet full of stuff to still try? 

I have a ton of new products for you! 

Anything Skinceuticals. I've used the brand in the past a lot, took a break & am using a few products again- haven't been disappointed. But none of their masks, so that doesn't help you :smileytongue: 

My masks have been boring lately: OH power peel, blue/black, or glam glow. If I'm breaking out then, I use cor silver soap & leave it on for a few minutes, I don't think that counts as a mask though. (look out for a post on cor silver later) 

& hopefully after winter and you've used up retinol fusion PM you can graduate to the big leagues of prescription Retin-A. :smileywink: You're skincare routine will be so much simpler then. 

ChicDabbler

[ Edited ]

I do have a ton of skincare but I dun wannnnaaaaaa........*lazy halfheartedly thrown tantrum*....... The only thing I tried this week was the Tarte and Kielh clay masks.....and I used Clarins Lotus oil a couple times. I like the herbal scent, it reminds me of Caudalie Beauty Elixir, but I really think I prefer moisturizer more than oil (except when I'm doing facial massage).

thesupergirl

Ok beautytester, this should unbore you! What you need (or should try) is this:

images.jpegLumene bright now vitamin c drops. But before you use them on you take an apple, cut it in half and on one half open one of the drops and put it on the Apple . Leave the other half alone. Leave both half out all day by the end of the day the one with the drops will look like you just cut it! And the other, well it will look yucky! If it can do that to an Apple image what it will do to your face!

infinitise

I'm loving the galactomyces ingredient! 

SK2 started it, and its something you used under everything right after washing (even toner) and I think it makes a world of difference. 

I've only been using it for less than a month, but my skin is alot more"plump" 

evno

(0) Hearts

I totally agree! I love the "fermented" toner trend with beneficial yeast/cultures. I use the Iope Bio Essence Intensive Conditioning which is mostly Faex. It makes your skin so smooth and even. :smileyhappy:

Plantgarden

Perricone,..I just made his mortgage payment for this month. :smileywink:

xpap

(0) Hearts

I keep going back and forth about buying Perricone products because of the cost.

Plantgarden, which products do you use? And what skin concerns do you have? I am very open to being enabled :smileyhappy:

ChicDabbler

Lol, I've heard so much good stuff about his product, but they are sooo expensive. >.<

evno

(0) Hearts

So true! Until I hear a glowing rec from someone who has similar skin (dry, sensitive, Asian), I can't take the plunge. x.x

thesupergirl

I'm really liking merlot grapeseed moisturizer that I got. I mainly use argan oil but this winter weather is making my skin need a little something extra. Best part was I got for $5!

kemoca

[ Edited ]

i am madly in love with my retin-a, which i ordered from india. god bless the internet. i'm finally beyond the flaky, gross stage and noticing a huge difference. except now i have all these retinol serums i don't need. 

besides that, i'm obsessed with anything that is super moisturizing. my latest is cold pressed coconut oil and cold pressed jojoba oil. i was a little scared of the coconut oil, but its awesome. except sometimes my face smells like french fries. 

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 156 replies
  • 204 hearts
  • 56 in conversation
    • btmod2
    • katie1724
    • DTalksAll
    • sephoramusthave
    • chupi
    • emmaclaire