What skincare product are you into right now?

ChicDabbler

What skincare product are you into right now?

BORED. So borrrrrrreeeeed! You know how sometimes you'd have a closet full/bursting with clothe but "nothing to wear"? I'm like that right now with skincare. Currently I'm using a retinol serum at night, so I can't try any fancy exfoliating stuff. And it's really dry winter, so I don't wanna risk flaky skin with new moisturizers. Which leaves masks as the one thing I can play around with......... so far I've tried ALL of Glamglow, Boscia, Wei and Origin's masks. Also Murad clarifying, SK-II/When/Shiseido sheet masks, Fresh Rose/Black Tea, PTR cucumber/sulfur, and OH blue/blackberry. This is literally me right now (minus the sexy air):

upload_3176417168219785134.jpg

So, any mask recommendations?

Or is there a new skincare product you are trying and liking? do tell. =)

BrennaBombshell

Re: What skincare product are you into right now?

I have to say, if you have sensitive skin, be careful with the Good Genes. Myself and apparently (after reading oodles of reviews online after my experience) many others have tried using it as a mask, and it burrrrrrnnnneed! I really liked using it in small amounts as a serum, however, it did a great job! But for some reason, adding heavier amounts just tore me up! 

Off that note, how is the Origin Clay Mask? I keep putting it in my basket, then taking it out again in favor of something else!

linda711

I started the Good Genes last night, left it on 20 minutes and felt nothing.  Tonight I applied it and it started burning within a minute or two - really intense burning!  I have the opposite of sensitive skin, so if I didn't read this and see the comments in the reviews I would have been alarmed.  I hope that means it's working, lol.  The Origins mask is great for clarifying and refreshing skin.  My skin always feels so super soft and clean after I use it, you should give it a try!

mlmac

Everything Perricone MD..... honestly I love the stuff. 

mlmac

Specifically Blue Plasma, Cold Plasma Eye and Cold Plasma face!

ChicDabbler

Haha, I've heard plasma being recommended for a while. That stuff is expensive tho......altho I think I have a sample packet of the cold plasma face around...... *goes to dig in the stash*

mdelrosario91

I've been using a rosewater facial spray since mid-January. My hairdresser advised me to try it, saying it would help my acne. So, I thought, what the heck, it's like $9 for an 8 oz bottle. It's made by Reviva labs, not sold here, but you can find it at places like the Vitamin Shoppe, Vitacost. It makes my skin super soft and helps with hydration so much! Ever since I've been using it, I found that I use my FAB Ultra Repair Cream only at nights, compared to using it twice a day before. So, I've finally been able to use my Clinique "really long name" gel. :smileyvery-happy:

ChicDabbler

My first facial spray was Mario Badescu aloe/rosewater one, still like it, also good for taming fizzy hair.

HookedOnBeauty2

Yesterday I bought my Clarisonic Mia2 and Sephora favorites skin care sampler set volume 1 and 2. I am going to have fun experiencing a multitude a different skin care products :smileyhappy:

Urbie

Juuuussstt in case you haven't tried it since it isn't available on Sephora, Origins Drink Up Overnight mask is my favorite product right now.  Serious moisturizing power, and it smells great.

I tried out the Bliss Triple Oxygen Mask, and it was really nice- the glow effect only lasts about 8 hrs, so it is definitely a morning mask.  I'm too lazy/rushed in the morning to use a mask though, so I'll probably contribute it to a TSB.

evno

(0) Hearts

I love the Origins Drink Up mask in the 10 minute version, which I use as a heavier moisturizer. It smells like apricot heaven, and I'm really tempted to taste it. (bad idea, I know!) ;P

ChicDabbler

Ah, lylysa give me a sample of her Origins Drink Up in green. It's nice, but I'm kind of looking for a mask mask while that's kind of like a moisturizer. When I'm bored, I like my skincare unnecessarily complicated, lol.

green71191

(0) Hearts

I love the smell if it:smileyhappy:

Urbie

Me too :smileyhappy:  I jump into my stash and pretend I'm at the spa getting a facial!

consolvo

Great thoughts on skincare products!! Keep enabling me them coming!

Right now I am just thrilled with the Fresh Seaberry Moisturizing Face Oil. I use it morning and night on cleansed, moist skin, even before my serum.

And speaking of serum, I recently got a sample of Sunday Riley's Good Genes treatment. WOWOWOW! I plan to buy the full size when Chic Week arrives.

I'm using it at night after the oil has had time to soak in. These 2 products in tandem has made This Old Face so smooth and moist in the best way ever! I also put on a thin layer of the Korres Wild Rose Sleeping Facial...my Holy Grail item!

In the morning I use other various samples over the Oil.

If you need more enabl recommendations for a mask, I've been loving the Tarte Double detox. Maybe you could get a sample of it the next time you are in a store.

ChicDabbler

Haha, I think I'm a tad young for the Good Gene treatment, but I have heard about the Tarte mask and gotten a sample awhile ago but haven't used it yet. Hmm, time to use it before it dries out!

BrennaBombshell

I tried to get that Amazonian Clay Double Detox mask a couple weeks ago, but they hadn't received it in store yet. It's on my loves list though! Grabbing it as soon as my Fresh clay mask runs out.

Titian06

Nothing exciting here except my Clarisonic.  I'm still loving it.  I bought the create your own skin care kit at SiJCP (that probably wasn't the name).  So far I like the Murad acne cleanser and the Philosophy Purity Made Simple.  I also bought the PTR Anti-Aging Cleansing Gel...I really like this one.

ChicDabbler

(0) Hearts

Oh I like PTR anti-aging cleansing gel! It's a tad too drying for me in the winter tho. How is murad acne cleanser compare to PTR anti-aging? I got a tube of Murad Essential C cleanser, haven't tried it yet but feels like it might be similar to PTR, prob cuz they are both orange, lol.

MlleCC

Cleansing balms are my current skincare love! Switching my cleanser from gels to balms has helped my skin stay hydrated this winter. Plus, it feels like you're getting a mini facial when you're massaging the balm on your face!

ChicDabbler

Oh I like massaging the cleansing balm, too! Altho I have the Clinique one and use it as a makeup remover before cleansing. There's also a Ren cleansing balm. What cleansing balm are you using?

MlleCC

I'm using Eve Lom's Morning Time Cleanser!  It's a bit useless at removing makeup, so I only use it in the morning as my small self-indulgence moment before I have to rush off to work.  :smileyhappy:  Both the Clinique and the REN one is on my to-buy list though, especially the Clinique since Caroline Hirons gave it a pretty good review on her blog.  

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 156 replies
  • 204 hearts
  • 56 in conversation
    • btmod2
    • katie1724
    • DTalksAll
    • sephoramusthave
    • chupi
    • emmaclaire