What skincare product are you into right now?

ChicDabbler

What skincare product are you into right now?

BORED. So borrrrrrreeeeed! You know how sometimes you'd have a closet full/bursting with clothe but "nothing to wear"? I'm like that right now with skincare. Currently I'm using a retinol serum at night, so I can't try any fancy exfoliating stuff. And it's really dry winter, so I don't wanna risk flaky skin with new moisturizers. Which leaves masks as the one thing I can play around with......... so far I've tried ALL of Glamglow, Boscia, Wei and Origin's masks. Also Murad clarifying, SK-II/When/Shiseido sheet masks, Fresh Rose/Black Tea, PTR cucumber/sulfur, and OH blue/blackberry. This is literally me right now (minus the sexy air):

upload_3176417168219785134.jpg

So, any mask recommendations?

Or is there a new skincare product you are trying and liking? do tell. =)

quotidianus

Re: What skincare product are you into right now?

I think I'm going to break down and buy this.  The boscia's Mask Medley is on it's way to me now, but I now think I need to add this to that grouping.  I've been using PTR's Cucumber Gel Mask as a sleeping mask, but I  don't think it works so well for that. 

ShinyMagpie

I'm really loving all the Boscia products I've tried so far. I'm saving the Mask Medley for Chic Week but it's definitely high on my list. 

I just got their exfoliating cleanser as well and I love it. It's super gentle. I think gentle enough for daily use. 

emmaclaire

I find myself loving Boscia more and more as well!  I have their black and green masks, the black cleanser, the tsubaki cleanser, a deluxe sample of the tsubaki oil, the charcoal sponge, and the discounted clay mask - I haven't tried the clay mask yet but I really love everything else!  The cleansers are particularly nice in my opinion.  I had the exfoliator on my wish list but didn't buy, now I'm thinking I should!

ShinyMagpie

It's only $12.50 right now. :smileyhappy: You have permission to be enabled. 

emmaclaire

(0) Hearts

Oh I know, the clay mask is also marked down to $12.50 (but is still full price in stores as of Sunday)!  I was going to buy both because it's SUCH a great bargain but I talked myself out of the exfoliator.  Will have to put it back in my cart now, lol

ShinyMagpie

ChicDabbler

(0) Hearts

Lol, I'm 50/50 when it comes to Boscia. Don't like the black line, like the purifying cleanser, blue/green peel off masks and Tsubaki oil. The toner and sponge are nice, albeit a bit overpriced me think.... still, think I'm gonna check out more of the pink line nxt time I'm in a Sephora.

ShinyMagpie

(0) Hearts

The pink cleanser is the one I have -- tsubaki oil/gel and the deep hydration mask. I just got the exfoliating cleanser (white line) and I'm liking how gentle it is. 

jojobe

I am in love with the Amore Pacific enzyme peel and Boscia's Tsubaki sleep mask. I have a bad, bad horrible obsession with lush bath products. ( thanks for the enabling plantgarden) I will always love my glamglow and you can pry that out of my cold, dead hands... and I will still haunt you! 

mlmac

(0) Hearts

You're right... the enzyme peel is amazing!

ChicDabbler

(0) Hearts

Ohh, what's your top 3 favorite lush products? =)

haha, I've collected a couple AP enzyme peel but didn't have time to try them yet (I know I know, Dannyc is going to scold me, but I've got so many exfoliators! And I'm using retinol!)....ok fine, I really have no excuse, I've waited almost half year. I will start using it this weekend.

jojobe

The Peel is very gentle and I really enjoy it. I also like the feeling it gives my face but I don't feel like it exfoliates as much as a traditional  scrubbing exfoliator .

jojobe

Massage Bars.... I love them all... with all my heart. Gold bath bombs ....to die for.... and the bath bars....I have not been able to hit a store yet( 2 weeks- lush is coming baby) so when I do I think I will have a sever problem. 

love2shop42

(0) Hearts

A fellow Lushie, one of my favorite places to shop!

missrmessner

I have 2 Aurelia Probiotic Skincare products arriving in the mail on Wednesday (the serum and cleansing balm). The brand looks amazing...98-99% natural, uses probiotics and peptides, cruelty free, and basically free of everything (parabens, mineral oil, silicons, sulfates, etc., things I've never heard of before but I guess I should question putting on my face, etc.). I've read so many rave reviews from people with really reactive and sensitive skin, that I knew I had to try it. I'll update once I try them out!

evno

Please do! I'm interested in using probiotics to help my sensitive skin. If any of the products don't work out, I'd be happy to trade for them!

missrmessner

(0) Hearts

No problem, envo. I'll keep you updated!

gogreyhound

glad I am not the only one!! I get sooooo bored with products. Even if they are still working great, I get to the point that I just want to throw it out and try something new. I just get plain tired of the same colors and products.  And, I HATE to mix-and-match...I like to use everything in the same line. I am trying to get over that part, and add in things if they work. I don't really use masks, since starting with the Clarisonic. I do still use a scrub a couple time a week, either CLinique or Algenist.  I ditched my Clinique after Christmas for Algenist, and I haven't looked back! Clinique worked well, but it just wasn't "high-tech" enough and anti-aging enough. The Algenist has done wonders for my skin, I am  loving it! I can get it at Sephora, or online through QVC (another addiciton). My favorite right now is the Multi-Correcting Pore Perfecting Gel. It smells fresh, sinks in like a dream, and really has smoothed my face and evened my skin tone. I am loving trying new things now that I have discovered BT, also!! I love getting samples with my orders, and trying new things. You fellow BTers have made a monster out of me--you have my sincere, undying gratitude! heh heh!   

ChicDabbler

Oh I love Algenist Overnight restorative cream. I tried a serum and eye cream, meh. Haven't tried the Lift&firm moisturizer yet but I ain't got stuff to lift&firm, my cheeks are high enough right now, lol. Do you actually notice a long term (not cosmetic) effect in reducing pore size from the Multi-correcting pore perfecting gel?

gogreyhound

yes, i think it does a great job of exfoliating and smoothing.  It has salicylic acid in it, instead of glycolic acid which usually makes my skin irritated. I think it does keep my pores clearer. 

linda711

Give me a mask or peel and I'll try it!  I have recently been rotating Ren's Glyo Lactic Acid Renewal Peel, Ole Henriksen's Lemon Strip Flash Peel, Origin's Clear Improvement Clay Mask, and June Jacob's Papaya Purifying Enzyme Mask.  The OH peel is pretty potent, I only use that one once a week, but it probably does the best job of removing dead skin.  Ren has been my favorite for awhile now, it does the job but doesn't strip your skin and leave it dry and flaky.  This week I'm pushing those products aside to trial Sunday Riley's Good Genes Treatment as a mask to see how I like it.  At $105.00 a bottle, I kind of hope I don't like it:smileywink:

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 156 replies
  • 204 hearts
  • 56 in conversation
    • btmod2
    • katie1724
    • DTalksAll
    • sephoramusthave
    • chupi
    • emmaclaire