ChicDabbler

What skincare product are you into right now?

BORED. So borrrrrrreeeeed! You know how sometimes you'd have a closet full/bursting with clothe but "nothing to wear"? I'm like that right now with skincare. Currently I'm using a retinol serum at night, so I can't try any fancy exfoliating stuff. And it's really dry winter, so I don't wanna risk flaky skin with new moisturizers. Which leaves masks as the one thing I can play around with......... so far I've tried ALL of Glamglow, Boscia, Wei and Origin's masks. Also Murad clarifying, SK-II/When/Shiseido sheet masks, Fresh Rose/Black Tea, PTR cucumber/sulfur, and OH blue/blackberry. This is literally me right now (minus the sexy air):

upload_3176417168219785134.jpg

So, any mask recommendations?

Or is there a new skincare product you are trying and liking? do tell. =)

pinkonyx

Re: What skincare product are you into right now?

fresh Umbrian clay mask, worth every Penny. 

starletta8

I'm in love with three products, one of which I will be mourning when I run out of a sample.

1. L'Occitaine 100% Shea Butter- This winter has been rough on my skin, especially my cuticles. I have a huge nail event coming up this weekend and this has done wonders- more than Dior Creme Abricot!  Sephora only sells the $42 large size, but L'Occitaine sells a mini tin for just $12.

2. L'Occitaine Almond Shower Oil- This has helped immensely. And it smells yummy. Thanks, 500 pt perk for pushing me over the edge! I tried it previously and forgot how awesome it is.

3.  Zelens Z Recovery Repair Balm- I got a sample of this at Space NK when I mentioned how my skin was so unhappy with the weather.  I'm going to have a small moment of mourning when I run out because -ohmigod- this stuff is incredible. I have super sensitive skin, and it's so, so happy right now.  Too bad it's $225 a jar!

redwagon44

(0) Hearts

You guys might just want to check out shea butter from another online supplier. If its 100% shea it shouldn't be any different than L'Occitaine's. I buy tubs of the organic stuff for like $10 bucks for 8 oz when I make my own lotion blends. 

ChicDabbler

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

Ohh, I've been eyeing the L'occitane 100% shea butter for a while, but right now I'm just using oil on my nails (and I've got the Josie Maran Argan Balm). It's definitely on my list tho, cuz I always get this flaky/dry/cracked patch on one of my fingers no matter how well I take care of the whole hand, every single winter.....

ps. Haven't seen you in a while. Welcome back!

IttyxBittyxMe

This! I got a sample from a TSB and I'll be returning my Josie Maran Milk and Oil later this week in exchange for this stuff. I love it. 

lasheliz

Try the Dr. Jart+ masks...I got one as a little extra thing in an order I placed and ended up really liking it. I love the Shiseido retinol eye masks too. I use other Dr. Jart products, like the BB cream and pore cleanser and really like it.

This is one of the masks:

http://www.sephora.com/water-fuse-water-full-hydrogel-mask-P296101?skuId=1372325

evno

(0) Hearts

Oh by the way, beautytester, have you tried out any Paula's Choice products? I'm thinking of breaking my rule of not ordering skincare online (returning is always a hassle), just for her line. 

ChicDabbler

No I haven't, but I believe hers is one of the brands that do send out samples, so if you ask nicely, I think they will be able to send you some samples?

evno

(0) Hearts

Haha, I'm trying out a packet sample right now! (I think I have hundreds of samples....)  I just wanted a more personal review from someone who has tried out a lot of different brands and is able to compare the quality of her brand. :smileyhappy:

ChicDabbler

Ok ppl, help me make a decision. I just finish my Boscia Purifying cleanser and am which should I use next?

- Korres milk protein

- AmorePacific gentle foam

- PTR anti-aging cleanser, orange one

- Murad Essential+C

Which one should I try next?

lasheliz

(0) Hearts

I used to use the Korres milk protein cleanser wipes a lot, but they have a weird smell. They were gentle, but left my skin feeling oily or just not clean. I use PTR serum which I love, I have been curious about their cleansers...

ChicDabbler

(0) Hearts

Oh I found a Dr. Hauschka cleansing cream. So, either Korres milk protein or Dr. Hauschka then.......not sure if I'm a fan of the metal tube.....

DTalksAll

I'm going to throw another one it... Thanks to Lylysa... AL Glycolic Cleanser. It's so creamy, moisturizing, exfoliating, non-drying, doesn't leave a residue... 

:smileytongue: 

ChicDabbler

Already tried it, curtesy of lylysa, lol. I'm trying to use up the ones I have right now.

katie1724

@dannyc: I was going to say the same thing, but I'm so disappointed with the reformulation. Have you noticed? The bottle is clear now, and while it doesn't look much different, it is! Glycolic acid was bumped down the list of ingredients, and (I think) glycerin came up -- so maybe they're trying to save money? I didn't notice a change in my skin, but it's definitely a different product, and I'm considering trying to stock up on the old version via eBay (as long as it's sealed). Sigh. 

DTalksAll

I didn't see it. I'm stocked up on minis from a shave kit I got my boyfriend (he wanted to try the moisturizer) & 100 pt perks. I have enough to last me a while. I think I heard Lylysa say that the bottle they sell on AL website is slightly different & more user friendly. 

That's a shame they changed the formula, when it first came out it had a higher concentration & it sounds like they keep bumping in down. I might have to switch to glytone or obagi when I run out. I've yet to find a milky glycolic wash like AL :smileysad: 

lylysa

The AL wash I got from their website direct during Christmas (how could I refuse 30% off), is in a clear bottle rather than a milky, white bottle which is what I've gotten from Sephora both times I've ordered it. The one from AL direct seems a bit more pearly and has more of a sheen to it and actually feels richer and creamier. I also noticed the scent was more brisk than the one from Sephora. It's not an overwhelming, sickly citrus scent, but it's definitely invigorating and I notice it a lot more.

The pic above shows what my bottle from Sephora looked like (opaque) and the product being an opaque, creamy gel. I can't find any photos online that shows how the bottle/product looks from the brand itself.

I actually don't have the original bottle to compare ingredient listings, and the order they fall in, but I still really like the one I got from the website as much as I like the ones I've gotten from Sephora.

I've used Studio Gear's glycolic wash before, it's more gel like, not as milky and creamy as AL's, it's not bad, but comparing the two, AL wins hands down.

katie1724

[ Edited ]

@Lylysa: The clear bottled version you bought from AL is the reformulated one (with the citrusy scent) -- if eventually you're able to compare the bottles,  you will note the ingredient change. My local Sephora stores have all switched to this version (which now cites "normal to oily" instead of "all skin types," I believe. You're right in that it has more of a pearly sheen, rather than white lotion. I'm sad because I liked the first version, but it doesn't seem to have caused any change in my skin -- perhaps the glycolic reduction (or however else they reformulated it -- that's just what I noticed on the ingredients list when comparing the two) was minor. 

lylysa

I looked on my new AL bottle, glycolic acid is listed 4th. First is water, then glycerine, then a coconut based surfactant (can't remember the full/scientific name), then glycolic acid.

katie1724

[ Edited ]

Yes! On the older / opaque bottle, I believe it's third. I'm not sure what the percentage was vs. what it is, so maybe it's not a large change. It feels different to me, but I'm sure I'll keep using it, at least for now. 

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 156 replies
  • 204 hearts
  • 56 in conversation
    • btmod2
    • katie1724
    • DTalksAll
    • sephoramusthave
    • chupi
    • emmaclaire