ChicDabbler

What skincare product are you into right now?

BORED. So borrrrrrreeeeed! You know how sometimes you'd have a closet full/bursting with clothe but "nothing to wear"? I'm like that right now with skincare. Currently I'm using a retinol serum at night, so I can't try any fancy exfoliating stuff. And it's really dry winter, so I don't wanna risk flaky skin with new moisturizers. Which leaves masks as the one thing I can play around with......... so far I've tried ALL of Glamglow, Boscia, Wei and Origin's masks. Also Murad clarifying, SK-II/When/Shiseido sheet masks, Fresh Rose/Black Tea, PTR cucumber/sulfur, and OH blue/blackberry. This is literally me right now (minus the sexy air):

upload_3176417168219785134.jpg

So, any mask recommendations?

Or is there a new skincare product you are trying and liking? do tell. =)

ChicDabbler

Re: What skincare product are you into right now?

(0) Hearts

Ohh, how long did it take for you to get past the flaky stage?

kemoca

(0) Hearts

about 3-4 weeks, which is quicker than i expected. i think because i was using a lot of retinol serums before so my skin was kind of prepared. 

Becca2008

Ive been obsessed with the Sunday Riley Good Genes Serum. I use it as a mask and holy crap this stuff is awesome. Its kinda pricey but I dont mind if I see results.

crayzeeRN

My two newest finds I'm in love with:

Click for enlarged view

The Body Shop's Honey & Oat Mask- this smells SO good and my skin absolutely loves this stuff. Very soothing to my skin and relaxing to me :smileyhappy:

L'Occitane - Immortelle Eye Balm

L'Occitane Immortelle Eye Balm- my eyes are drinking this stuff up. This has dramatically reduced my under-eye bags and dark circles and makes my eyes really smooth and healthy looking. I've been using a little packette sample but I'm definitely going to get a full size of this when I've used up my eye creams.

ChicDabbler

(0) Hearts

The Body Shop! Haha, I remember trying the blue corn scrub mask thing back when I was a complete skincare newb and have NO idea what I was doing. It was so....awkward......o.O

crayzeeRN

(0) Hearts

Oh my gosh that blue corn scrub mask is SO AWFUL on my skin! Stings like a mother!

This one though makes me think of a homemade mask you'd slap on your face and stick your feet in a bubble bath and ahhhhhhhhhhh relax. It's a nostalgic experience thing :smileytongue:

ChicDabbler

(0) Hearts

Haha, I actually make my own with plain yogurt + honey + oats. The original recipe I got it from also added cinnamon, but I've got a pink face and don't need more "circulation" etc. The oats mattifies and the yogurt/honey hydrates. I usually put more yogurt than honey so I don't get the sticky feeling. =)

crayzeeRN

(0) Hearts

Oohh, I'll have to try that sometime! Sounds like it smells and tastes fabulous too.

crayzeeRN

This how I feel: :smileyvery-happy:

ireneh

Currently in love with Caudalie Vinosource SOS Serum after I received a sample.

I use this day and night under my moisturizer. My skin gets super DRY in the wintertime and this milky serum (with a pleasant scent!) moisturizes my skin and makes it SO soft. I keep touching my face cause I wanna pinch my cheeks :smileyvery-happy: I've tried clear serums in the past and it does absolutely nothing for my dry skin, so i was very happy with that one. 

For my night time treatment, I've been pairing the serum with a Caudalie night cream that is AMAZING but I threw away the package so I don't remember what the name is :smileysad: I will have get back to you on that haha. It is a thick cream with an off-white/beige color??

This is my first time trying caudalie products and I'm smitten :smileyhappy: They smell so nice!

MlleCC

(0) Hearts

Thanks for posting about the Vinosource Serum!  I've been seriously thinking about trading in my Caudalie Club points for a bottle, but I've been waiting to hear if other people have had good results with it.  On the other hand, I've tried both the Caudalie Vinoperfect and Vinexpert night creams for months and neither worked particularly well for me. :/

ireneh

(0) Hearts

What is caudalie club points??

I didnt like the vinexpert night cream that much either. I think the mystery sample I got is the premier cru.... which sucks for my wallet haha

MlleCC

Caudalie has their own reward program where if you purchase any of their products that contain a code inside the packaging, you can earn points that can go towards redeeming full-sized products at different point tiers.  You can purchase these products from anywhere, but some of their products (like their cleansers, body products, gift sets, etc.) do not have earn any reward points -- the best bet is if it comes in a box, it would probably have a code.  :smileyhappy:

ireneh

Oooo I like! Thanks for telling me about this!

sephoramusthave

Right now I'm kind of obsessed with Sibu Beauty and Andalou Naturals as a whole. And randomly finding products at Tj Maxx and Ross for a super good deal is not helping ( normally I get these products at Sprouts and Whole Foods for full price).

I am on a cleansing balm fix right now---I got a deluxe sample from REN and a sample of the Clinique one from a friend and I bought the Clinique full sized one from Sephora already. At first I thought it was weird that you rub it onto dry skin but its magical---it turns from a solid balm into an oil, melts off 100% of my makeup including eye and rinses clean without leaving my dry skin tight and uncomfortable.

OH OH! And Egyptian Magic Skin Cream! I LOVE this for PM use before bed. Its all natural, only has a handful of ingredients in it, and feels very luxe---balmy texture, 4 oz for less than 40 bucks at whole foods. When my skin is acting up ( redness, breakouts, sensitivity, etc) I put it all over my face before bed and it heals my skin overnight. MUST HAVE.

I also fell in love with Waxelene at Whole Foods ( it comes in a tube, a small jar and a LARGE 9 oz jar). Its a Vaseline substitute, all natural and supposed to be good on dry skin/lips/good as makeup remover. I rubbed a bit on my lips and OMG---smells so good, feels soooo good, really gets into dry lips and heals the dryness and I don't have to worry about ingesting something awful. I ordered the big jar from Amazon ( cheaper hehe....) and cant wait to try it as hand cream and makeup remover and maybe even face cream. LOVE the texture.

ChicDabbler

(0) Hearts

Oh I like the Clinique Balm. I tried a sample of Ren, but my main thing is that Ren products usually have a shorter expiration date and I've got too much backlog. =X

I've been hearing raves about Egyptian Magic Skin Cream here and there, must check this out....

MlleCC

Yes!  Another cleansing balm fan!  Maybe I've been reading too much of Caroline Hirons's blog, but especially after getting into cleansing balms, now I never wet my face before using a cleanser.  How did you like the REN one?  Is it any good at removing make-up?  

sephoramusthave

The Ren one is thicker than the Clinique one going on, smells really good and leaves my skin soft and hydrated. I've only used it 3 times and it does remove makeup because I used cotton pad and toner straight after and nothing came off on the pad. I didn't use it on my eyes though because a lot of reviewers said that it irritated their eye area. Its a lot more expensive then Clinique, but you get more products ( 3.8 vs 5.1 oz I believe). I also like that the REN one is all natural. I will probably repurchase the full sized REN but for now the Clinique one is my absolute fave one so far. I have the EVE LOM on my loves list, but the 7 step cleansing program is kinda turning me off ( who needs that right before bed when I'm tired?!?) and it has all those parabens.....but it is a cleanser so the ingredients wash off in the sink anyway.

MlleCC

Thanks for the feedback!  The original Eve Lom cleanser doesn't appeal too much to me -- mineral oil being the first ingredient in such an expensive product doesn't thrill me, and I agree, the whole ritual that it calls for is a bit much.  I do own the Eve Lom Morning Time Cleanser though, and it is definitely a treat to use!  It's not the best at taking off make-up so I only use it as a second cleanser at night or in the morning.  If you want to try Eve Lom, definitely give Morning Time a go -- it doesn't contain the mineral oil and parabens, and it still cleanses perfectly well without all the fussiness that the original cleanser calls for.  I just checked the Sephora page, and it now comes in a small size!  The sample foil packet of 0.17 ounces that I had lasted for about a week with daily use so the new 1.6 ounces sounds like it would be a nice way to try the product over a long period of time. :smileyhappy:  

sephoramusthave

upload_676792752097310686.jpgupload_1522672165264696015.jpgupload_3637093677330765119.jpgupload_5609495714794638008.jpgupload_7874245671192443872.png

These are some rave worthy products that you might not know about. :smileyvery-happy:

Panda168

(0) Hearts

LOVE waxelene!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 156 replies
  • 204 hearts
  • 56 in conversation
    • btmod2
    • katie1724
    • DTalksAll
    • sephoramusthave