ChicDabbler

What skincare product are you into right now?

BORED. So borrrrrrreeeeed! You know how sometimes you'd have a closet full/bursting with clothe but "nothing to wear"? I'm like that right now with skincare. Currently I'm using a retinol serum at night, so I can't try any fancy exfoliating stuff. And it's really dry winter, so I don't wanna risk flaky skin with new moisturizers. Which leaves masks as the one thing I can play around with......... so far I've tried ALL of Glamglow, Boscia, Wei and Origin's masks. Also Murad clarifying, SK-II/When/Shiseido sheet masks, Fresh Rose/Black Tea, PTR cucumber/sulfur, and OH blue/blackberry. This is literally me right now (minus the sexy air):

upload_3176417168219785134.jpg

So, any mask recommendations?

Or is there a new skincare product you are trying and liking? do tell. =)

xpap

Re: What skincare product are you into right now?

(0) Hearts

I am so intrigued by the Egyptian Magic cream! Sephoramusthave - what is your skin type? I'm struggling with congested pores and some red marks from picking at my face, any thoughts on how it would help with these? Thanks! 

WhereYouStand

[ Edited ]

s946525-main-hero.jpg

L'OCCITANE
Almond Firming And Softening Supple Skin Oil
$42.00

s562090-main-hero.jpg

Fresh 

rose face mask

$58.00

sourpanda

I tried a sample of the Shiseido Future Solution LX and fell in love. It is lightweight, absorbs instantly, and doesn't irritate my eyes. But I just don't see myself paying sooo much for an eye cream at the moment.

The Boscia oil I grabbed a full size once I tried a sample from Sephora. It has this very light pleasant smell and really gives my skin a nice dewy glow. I have seen an improvement in my acne scars in a matter of 2 weeks.

ChicDabbler

Oh that Shiseido line is SOOOO expensive! I remember reading an article awhile back about SUPER expensive skincare and how EVERYTHING is designed to make it feel as luxe as possible from the look and the weight to the sound of the click when you close it etc.

Urbie

I got a sample of eye cream from La Prairie, but I am afraid to use it in case I actually like it.  Full sized (.5 oz) is $325!!!! 

jozkid

Really? Eeeeekkkkk! That's a bit hard to justify sometimes, isn't it?

Urbie

Yeah, and here I was feeling guilty for using a $65 dollar eye cream!  They sent me a generous sample (1/4 size), but I just can't bring myself to try it!

ChicDabbler

[ Edited ]

Well, if you can't bring yourself to try it.....

.....I VOLUNTEER AS TRIBUTE! :smileywink:

jozkid

Hmmmm, better to let it sit in your drawer and go rancid! Lol! Let me know if you end up liking it so I have yet one more indulgence to hide from my husband. :smileywink:

sourpanda

(0) Hearts

I just LOVE the packaging for this eye cream. It looks so mysteriously gorgeous! I need want it on my dresser! I might start saving and wait for Sephora's fall sale to buy it....

pinklissamel

Def would have to be facial oils. I always assumed that because I have oily skin that oils would not be good for my skin but since I was told that was not true and tried a sample I have been loving them. I too LOVE Glamglow but the price is soooo steep I have a hard time justifing buying it even though I see the results after I use it. I have alos been on a make kick lately my hubby has even gotten on that bandwagon. He loves the peel off ones so I bought him a few too !!!!

evno

(0) Hearts

Ugggh, I love facial oils, and I know this because I use at least 6 of them (coconut, castor, grape seed, Josie Maran Argan Infinity Cream, Fresh Seaberry, Tarte Maracuja).  :smileyvery-happy:

kemoca

also, have you tried rosehip? that is one of my favorites, although they turn rancid quickly, and i can't justify buying a new bottle of face oil. supposedly it has retinol-like properties. 

evno

(0) Hearts

I did try rose hip, but I was a bit disappointed. It's not nearly as moisturizing for my dry skin, but I didn't use it long enough for the retinol-like benefits.

kemoca

me too! i'm super into anything that is crazy moisturizing. i've been cycling through them, using a different one every night. up next is jojoba oil. do you use them at the same time, or like different one each night?

plus i have those promo deluxe samples from algenist and caudalie. i feel like i will never run out of moisturizer. 

evno

(0) Hearts

Depending on my skin's condition on that day, I pick out an oil that I think will be right. I usually default to the JM argan infinity cream, though. :smileyhappy:

ChicDabbler

(0) Hearts

Which oil do you use? I finally had the chance to try Clarins Lotus oil for oily/combo skin and LOVE the scent! It's a fresh herbal scent similar to Caudalie. Love it.

Haha, speaking of peel off mask, sounds like your hubby would enjoy Boscia masks.

1SultrySCENTNut

Still will be GLAMGLOW YOUTHMUD ( as always since its been out )

seemee22

[ Edited ]

I LOVE masks. 

Osmia Organics Detox mask osmia.png

May Lindstrom Problem Solver may.jpg

Wild Rose and Sandalwood (purchased from Zria via Etsy) zria.jpg

Sometimes I will mix in honey.jpg

Formula 10.0.6 has some good masks as well.

pores.jpg  deep.jpg

Other items I LOVE are oils. I have so many,but I'm loving a brand called Odacite. Plus the weather sucks right now,so I've been using G.M. Collin Ceremide Capsules prior to any oils,be it day or night.

sourpanda

(0) Hearts

I'm a sucker for the May Lindstrom packaging!! Now I want one too. But to be honest I have TONS of masks and I've never really found my HG yet.

pearlgirl7

(0) Hearts

I wanted to love the May Lindstrom Problem Solver so bad, but I just don't. Maybe I'm using it wrong....any suggestions. I used it once, it didn't "foam" up like it is supposed to, and I don't think it worked well. Maybe I mixed it wrong? Now I have this huge container of it, just sitting there, mocking me lol.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 156 replies
  • 204 hearts
  • 56 in conversation
    • btmod2
    • katie1724
    • DTalksAll
    • sephoramusthave
    • chupi
    • emmaclaire