ChicDabbler

What skincare product are you into right now?

BORED. So borrrrrrreeeeed! You know how sometimes you'd have a closet full/bursting with clothe but "nothing to wear"? I'm like that right now with skincare. Currently I'm using a retinol serum at night, so I can't try any fancy exfoliating stuff. And it's really dry winter, so I don't wanna risk flaky skin with new moisturizers. Which leaves masks as the one thing I can play around with......... so far I've tried ALL of Glamglow, Boscia, Wei and Origin's masks. Also Murad clarifying, SK-II/When/Shiseido sheet masks, Fresh Rose/Black Tea, PTR cucumber/sulfur, and OH blue/blackberry. This is literally me right now (minus the sexy air):

upload_3176417168219785134.jpg

So, any mask recommendations?

Or is there a new skincare product you are trying and liking? do tell. =)

seemee22

Re: What skincare product are you into right now?

Lol I hate when products do that. 

I was told to put a 50:50 ratio w/product and water. I used less water and it "foamed" a bit more. However,it wasn't foamy (if that makes sense) when I applied it to my skin. =D

I actually prefer Osmia to Mays,but I'll be darned if that big container is going to waste. It'll last years! 

pearlgirl7

Hmmm....maybe I need to try less water then. Or maybe I need to just try Osmia! I was so hoping May was going to be my HG mask....I've heard that for some people it gets so much out of the pores. I guess I'll try it again this weekend. I can't believe how huge that container is. At least I like the packaging since it will be with with me for quite some time. :smileyhappy:

serioustree

Lovely-MEEX-Mini-Pore-Ghassoul-Mask-3.jpg

The Face Shop mask!  Comes in an adorable container!

chupi

Too cute!

evno

I've been playing around with drugstore skincare that's been lying around. Olay and Seventh Generation have some great serums, and right now I'm using the Olay Regenerist line whenever my skin looks drawn and tired. I also like sleeping with oil on my face, like grape seed oil, coconut oil, castor oil, or the Fresh Seaberry oil, and I feel like it really helps nourish/strengthen my skin.

missabee

I just fell in love with the Pacifica Dreamy Youth Day Night cream! I use it post-serum and my boscia tsubaki oil. Perfect amount of moisture (especially for this season).

pacifica.jpg

dziggi

I saw this set at Target! I was going to buy it but put it down last minute. I've never tried anything from Pacifica. How do you feel about the other items in this set?

missabee

Sorry for the late reply! The sizes are all great to have on hand for travel. The seafoam cleanser has a slightly sweet smell but also refreshing smell. Gentle for the skin, but I don't see any striking benefits.

I used the BB cream twice. Once sparingly, just dotting for a minimal, sheer coverage and it was OK. I used it another time all over and it was a tad too dark for me. I gave it to my aunt. I think it had a touch of shimmer.

The lip tint (guava berry) is moisturizing, but so so sheer. Good for a nude lip look.

I used my Ipsy deal to buy a full size of the cream and try the tint in ripe fig.

dziggi

(0) Hearts

Thanks! :smileyhappy:

dziggi

The mask I've been loving lately is Biologique Recherche Masque Vivant. It has a very strooong scent (yeast is a main ingredient) but it makes my skin super soft and glow.

As for new skincare products, I'm really enjoying Dr. Dennis Gross Vitamin C serum on the nights I'm not using my prescription retinoid.

http://www.sephora.com/hydra-pure-vitamin-c-brightening-serum-P184113

elaine4425

Just got samples of that mask with my order of p50! Excited to try. Although p50 has got to be the worst smelling thing I have ever put on my face...

dziggi

(0) Hearts

That's what I thought of the P50v too... and then I tried the mask. Hahah

btmod2

Hi beautytester,

I have been loving the Peter Thomas Roth Camu Camu Power C X 30 Vitamin C Brightening Sleeping Mask. I have seen some amazing results from using this mask for the last few weeks. My skin definitely looks more radiant and it has help fade some old pigmentation. I also love the citrus scent of this mask! :smileyhappy:

Best,

Randee

Best,
Ty
ChicDabbler

Ohh, I tried a sample of the serum before and liked it, maybe it's time to try the sleeping mask version.... =)

algenib

You can try my favorite drugstore mask. I don't care if it's not the fanciest mask in the world, I <3 it forever. 450.jpg

evno

I still use this! It helped me with my cystic acne, and now it helps with my blackheads. :smileyhappy:  Go-to mask forevah.

dollface131313

i've used this and loved it for years i'm just so afraid to put it on my face lately since my skin is so dry this winter 

quotidianus

The smell of QH Mint Julep Masque and Oatmeal Honey Scrub are completely nostalgic for me, too.  I think it's a solid brand ... never had an issue and it truly did help my scrawny, over-stressed, young adult face.

ChicDabbler

Oh Queen Helen Mint Julep....*nostalgia*. It's actually my very first clay mask and one I used for years before moving on. XD

BrennaBombshell

That was my first mask too! I used it all through my teen years. *sighs with nostalgia with beautytester*

ShinyMagpie

I'm still totally in love with the Boscia Deep Hydration Mask. Love, love, love it. Makes my skin feel amazing the next morning. I'm also really liking their tsubaki oil/gel cleanser. I've really been liking all the Boscia things I've tried. It's a brand I would definitely try more of. 

s1565126-main-hero.jpg

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 156 replies
  • 204 hearts
  • 56 in conversation
    • btmod2
    • katie1724
    • DTalksAll
    • sephoramusthave
    • chupi