DTalksAll

What's your post Winter skin routine

[ Edited ]

I'm slowly transitioning out my winter products to get ready for Summer & am wondering what everyone else's routine is. I've completely stopped using La Mer and a cream cleanser. I've never had a big issue with oil, but lately it seems like my forehead is a little oilier than normal. Could it be age, I'm turning 30 next month. But overall I tend to be slightly dry, with hormonal breakouts on the chin, redness around nose, with milia and whiteheads on my cheeks (they will never go away, I've accepted that).

I got a bunch of samples of the Korres Wild Rose + Vitamin C Advanced Brightening Sleeping Facial for my night time moisturizer & will be coming up the the "14 day trial" on Thursday. I'm thinking of purchasing it, but am open to other suggestions.

I also want to stop using retinol, my skin is too sun sensitive to use it in the Summer, no matter how much SPF I use I always feel like I'm burning. Thoughts on Perricone's blue plasma? http://www.sephora.com/blue-plasma-P377324 I'm looking for something to help with the redness, acne, wrinkle prevention & post acne scars.

I wear more makeup on the weekends when going out, then during the week, so I don't like to use a treatment Friday - Sunday to let my skin breath a bit. 

I have a ton of OH deluxe sample size & full size that I got for free during their cyber monday & F&F sales. Some other products I own, but don't have in rotation are the nurture me moisturizer, vitamin plus and the pure perfection moisturizer (it's too strong to use with my treatments). just finished off sheer transformation.

Here's my routine from the past few weeks:

Monday AM

- Wash with AmorePacific Treatment Enzyme Peel

- Treat with OH Truth Serum

- SPF/Moisturize with PTR Retinol Fusion AM

Monday PM:

- Wash with OH On the go cleanser

- Tone with OH pick me up tonic

- Treat with PTR retinol fusion PM

- Moisturize with Korres sleeping facial

Tuesday AM

Tuesday PM

- Wash with OH On the go cleanser
- Treat with OH invigorating night gel
- Moisturize with Korres sleeping facial

Wednesday AM 

Wednesday PM

- Wash with OH aloe vera deep cleanser with the clarsonic sensitive brush head 
- Treat with PTR retinol fusion PM
- Moisturize with Korres sleeping facial

Thursday AM

Thursday evening... Facial time

- Wash with OH on the go cleanser

- Depending on skin's needs... GlamGlow, OH lemon flash peel, OH blue/black mask

Thursday PM

- Treat with OH invigorating night gel

- Moisturize with Korres Sleeping facial

Friday AM

Friday PM

- Wash with OH aloe vera deep cleanser with clarisonic deep pore brush 

Saturday AM

Saturday PM

- Wash with OH on the go cleanser

Sunday AM

Sunday PM

- Wash with OH aloe vera deep cleanser with clarisonic deep pore brush

- Moisturize with Korres Sleeping Facial

Other Items Used:

- FAB toner pads after working out 3-4x a week to clean the sweat off

- OH eye gel or fresh start eye cream nightly

- Hourglass Veil primer SPF 15

- AmorePacific CC compact

- PTR mineral powder SPF 30

Products I'm interested in trying/cycling in: (not sure which items they would replace) 

- Perricone Blue Plasma

- Clinique Redness Solutions Daily Protective Base SPF 15

- PTR Anti-Shine Mattifying Gel

- Bosica Detoxifying Black Cleanser

- DDG All-In-One Facial Cleanser with Toner

- Algenist Pore Corrector Anti-Aging Primer (Anyone try this yet, I know it's new) 

What's your routine look like? 

aviscardi

Re: What's your post Winter skin routine

the only thing i add is my fresh soy face lotion, i alternate with my clinique gel since its a little too light for winter. I use pretty much the same stuff skincare wise in the warmer months though. 

DTalksAll

(0) Hearts

I tried that lotion, but the scent was too strong for me. I'm not sensitive to smell, but the soy really stunk & lingered on my skin for hours. 

krunce

Now I feel lazy...

From winter to summer, the only things I switch in my beauty routine is adding in more sunscreen, and switching my face cream from its heavier to lighter version (Clinique Dramatically Different Lotion -> Gel).

Personally, my skin always becomes way easier to manage in the summer, so the summer to winter transition is the one I really steel myself for. But that transition has been a lot easier since I moved to North Carolina, lol.

DTalksAll

(0) Hearts

Agreed, my skin is more consistent in the Summer. My issue is finding a treatment that's effective but doesn't make my skin sensitive in the sun. I'm having issues saying goodbye to my retinol :smileysad: 

ChicDabbler

Woah that's detailed. I'm testing the water with retinol right now before it gets too bright/warm outside, so I'm using Dr. Brandt retinol (pink day one) under Origins Perfect World in the morning. At night, it's random mini cleanser, Clarins Gentle Toner (have retinyl palmitate, so I'm assuming it can be paired with retinol), and the grey serum under Argan Oil or Clinique Moisture Surge gel (depending on how dry my skin is, if I exfoliated/used a mask etc). So far I've gotten past the slightly itchy/oily/flaky phase, but not sure if the retinol is doing anything for me that any other HG moisturizers I use from Sephora haven't done. 

I have recently acquired some Ole Henriksen VitC peel concentrate for eyes, Anthony logistic glycolic wash, and has been wanting to finish the Korres Wild Rose Sleep Facial. After I'm done with the Dr. Brandt retinol stuff, think I'm gonna use those 3 together for a VitC/glycolic routine.

Aside from that, I'm trying to finish up some almost done sample/full size mask before summer hits: Origins Charcoal, Ren glycolic, Koh Gen Do Gommage gel, Sekkisei Kose peel off mask, and 3 sephora sample jars (PTR FirmX peeling gel, PTR retexturizing scrub, and Nude Mirable mask).....in no particular order, the glycolic one will wait until I'm done with retinol, otherwise I use whatever I feel my skin needs.

*phew* that's a ton of products I just threw out there... I don't have a set routine, I tweak accordingly depending on if my skin is dry/oily/flaky.

DTalksAll

(0) Hearts

Wow! I have a lot of samples too that I'm trying to slowly use up, but most of them are not products I actually want to use so I keep putting them out of site.

I needed to put a routine down in writing otherwise I would over exfoliate (Think OH pure perfection over invigorating night gel, after using a mask). 

What are some of your HG moisturizers? 

ChicDabbler

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts
  • Caudalie Vinoperfect Cell Renewal Night Cream – love the richness for winter. Doesn’t need much, actually encourage cell renewal.
  • Peter Thomas Roth Max Sheer All Day Defense lotion SPF 30 – fluffy cream, great for winter. Worth getting.

I actually have 6-7 more, but I'm trying to cut back on silicone heavy products, so I've delegated those to the no-buy list (Philosophy Take a Deep Breath, Boscia, Ole Henriksen Sheer Transformation). I definitely enjoy them, but I'm curious if cutting back on silicone will do anything for my skin (and I was trying to wittle down the 20 some HG moisturizer to a manageable number, so I set the rule no parabens and no silicone, or no silicone within top 10 ing at least)

DTalksAll

(0) Hearts

LOL! no sillicone... or maybe just not in the top 10 :smileywink: 

I've recently started paying a lot more attention to ingredients, their concentrations, and interactions with other ingredients. I was using the AmorePacific Treatment Enzyme Peel as a weekly exfoliator before going out to have a fresh canvas for makeup applications. I read on the product page that a lot of people were using it daily, so I looked into it & gradually increased my usage to daily. Surprisingly it is gentle enough for daily use. And for me it's more effective in the AM. 

ChicDabbler

(0) Hearts

Don't you feel cheated sometimes when you look at ingredients list? I just have this eye cream that boasts wonders and feels pretty good, but I then look at ingredients list....the first 2 are silicone.....the third one is water.......-.-

DTalksAll

(0) Hearts

Yes! Water I can understand, I hate when I see silicone/dimethicone high on the list (unless it's primer) & alcohol. A lot of times I just breeze  through the ingredients to see if anything stands out. I only of store made samples of the Korres sleeping facial... Alcohol is in the top 10. WT...a "hydrating, sleeping mask" has alcohol in the top 10. Grrrr.... 

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 10 replies
  • 4 hearts
  • 4 in conversation
    • DTalksAll
    • aviscardi
    • ChicDabbler
    • krunce