Manda

What is your favorite Skincare Line?

Yes, we all have our favorites and now, it is time to share.  So tell me, what is your favorite skincare line?

I've actually become a fan of Dior recently.  It had been, by far, the only skincare products which don't cause me to want to scratch at my face and scream (no pun intended).  Makes my skin so soft and silky.  Plus, with the anti-aging benefits, they just are wonderful products in general.  i thought the fragence would irritate my skin, but I have found that it is more soothing.  Yes, there is that hefty pricetag, however when you are like me and your skin reacts to everything you put on it, it is worth it.

Okay, now it is your turn. :smileyvery-happy:

midniterae

Re: What is your favorite Skincare Line?

(0) Hearts

For me, it used to be Murad. One of my favorite now is Ole Henriksen. I'm looking into trying stuff from the Origins skincare line. 

JillMConnell

(0) Hearts

Awesome question! At Sephora, I choose Fresh (Brown Sugar Scrub and Rose Mask), LAVANILA for their deodorants, Tarte for the fab maracuja oil and eye cream and I'll usually pick up my Origins Checks and Balances cleanser, Plantscription products (spendy but I like how they feel on my skin) and Nightamins creams there. 

For non-Sephora products, I like Juice Beauty CC Cream, ARCONA pads (Raspberry Clarifying or Tabula Rasa) and this nifty spa line called Skin Resonance.  They make a cream oil cleanser that ROCKS.

jojobe

(0) Hearts

For cleansing, it would have to be BOSCIA....so gentle and natural. I absolutely adore it with my clarisonic.

For serums, lotions, etc....

Lancome...all the way...

Genefique, visionairre , then either the Refill 3x day or night cream.....silky soft and smooth and bye bye fine lines and large ugly pores. I have been using this for the last 4 months and i love it.

I do like Dior eye makeup remover.

smach1

(0) Hearts

I really like  a lot of Boscia products because they work great for my sensitive skin and I tend to go for more natural products. My favorite was REXALINE until they discontinued the line.

cherrybombtastic

(0) Hearts

That's difficult because all the products I use aren't from the same line, like 2 of the products I use are from Murad, 2-3 are from Origins, and 2 are from Dermadoctor. Great question!

katie1724

[ Edited ]

Great question! Like a few others, I use products from different lines, and each one is equally imporant! My essentials include:

Skinceuticals Purifying Facial Cleanser + Clarisonic Mia

Skinceuticals C E Ferulic (serum)

Shiseido Benefiance Eye Cream

Sunscreen: Avène Emulsion SPF 50+ or La Roche-Posay Anthelios Fluide Extrème SPF 50+

(Rx: Retin-A Micro and Clindamycin)

Caudalie Quenching Sorbet Crème or La Roche-Posay Hydréane (I don't always use a moisturizer)

Glycolactic Skin Renewal Peel Mask

Kate Somerville EradiKate (spot treatment, if/as needed)

:smileyhappy:

viviene23

(0) Hearts

From sephora...I like Korres, Kate Sommerville, DDF and Dermadoctor!! I'm not loyal to just one brand but I stick with a product that I think works well until my skin gets immune to it ( happens to me after a while so I have to rotate products) or until I discover something better (new innovation or new release that I happen to like). 

Products that I also like but sephora does not carry are...Rodin face oil, Zein Obagi, Pca skin, La Roche Posay and Dr. Hauschka!! 

I'm big on skin care more so than makeup because it is very hard to cover bad skin no matter how great the makeup is...I also think prevention is better than cure so i'm diligent with my regimen and my sunscreen. :-)

Manda

(0) Hearts

Sometimes it is worth spending the $50+ on a product due to the concentration.  Normally the more expensive, there is a high concentration.  This helps because you need less of a product to work.

As for other skincare products, I love Dr. Dennis Gross Alpha Beta Peels.  I cannot use any other Alpha Beta peels but his (their irritate my skin) however, I have seen big improvements  on my skin tone, scarring, as well as clarity of my face.  Now if I get acne, which I do whenever a product irritates my skin, it is normally gone within three days, due to the fact that I only use this product every other day.  Otherwise, again, it is too harsh for my face.

Boscia makes an awesome oil cleanser and gets down in deep to clean out the dirt.  Also, it has a cooling sensation as well.  They also make an amazing hydration gel, Revitalizing Black Hydration Gel, which had really helped out my face in so many ways.  It minimised by pores and helped with my skin tone.  I use it only at night, more so as a serum than a moisturizer.

jessica223344

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

Hi Manda,

The products from Sephora that I usually choose are as follows:  I like DDF for their facial lotion.  I rarely would get breakouts when using their oil free ultra lite dew.  During my 45 minute complimentary makeover, recently, the cast member applied Bliss That's Incredi-peel pads.  Additionally, Chris used the Triple Oxygen Instant Energizing Mask.  I can't tell you how it works over time.  However, these two products are on my shopping list.  I wouldn't mind trying their face lotion someday.  I'm currently using Kinara.  I'm using Kinara's Rehydrating cleanser (calming wash).  I am going to purchase more in the near future.  I just wish there was, an exact, Sephora equivalent.  I received a sample of AmorePacific rejuvinating eye treatment gel.  It feels nice for an eye cream.  Ultimately, I saw that it improved hydration.  If it weren't pricey I would purchase this product.  It makes me wonder what their oil free facial lotion is like.  It's $100.00 so I'm not sure when I would get that.  I like Boscia's Super Cool Depuffing Eye Balm.  I tested the eye balm.  I felt like I had coffee (though I hadn't) that morning.  I ended up purchasing the balm.  I do notice some depuffing and reduced redness when I wake up and apply this.  I am not attached to their lotions etc.  I like the product to have a good dispensing system scent.  I will only buy the balm.  I like NARS for their lotions and under eye cream.  I tried both at a NARS counter.  It's expensive and can only be purchased at NARS or other retailers.  I do see that we can purchase the mud mask that I enjoyed.  The only complaint I have is that NARS is not so great at replying to online forms.  Actually, their online form ...I'm not sure if it really works so well.  I've sent out three or four email messages and received one within the last year or so.  I do have a lot of NARS products though.  I use Tend skin for bumpy skin after shaving.  This was reccomended by a Spa, also.  I appreciate that they've created smaller sizes.  For body I love Fresh and Pacifica. 

ChicDabbler

(0) Hearts

hmmm, good question. Estee Lauder is a bit oily and too perfumey for me. Ole Henriksen was promising but there's too much silicone (dimethicone) in there and my skin couldn't breathe. Ren is fantastic but expensive and too fragile to last long with the extreme temp in my apt. Bliss/Boscia great for the summer when my skin is oilier, but they are not must for me. Philosophy is too chemical-y for my liking. Right now:

Clinique is my go-to for gentle, 100% non-irritating skincare when my skin is acting up.

L'occitane is excellent at anti-aging (better than any others at similar price, as testified by my mom), and feels heavenly. However, they discontinue their items often, so enjoy but don't count on it.

Caudalie is what I plan to use after I finish the, like, 2 years worth of skincares I have in my cabinet. It's light, hydrating, and effective.

If I have the money, I would use the Sekkisei Kose line. Their Whitening Mask is the original black peel mask before Boscia's (and better, too). When I use it in the winter with the sample of toner and emulsion/lotion, my skin felt velvety soft and was positively glowing for the next couple of days.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 10 replies
  • 3 hearts
  • 10 in conversation
    • katie1724
    • cherrybombtastic
    • midniterae
    • Manda
    • jojobe
    • smach1