Answer
sdavis23
What do you use with your Clarisonic?

I just started using the Clarisonic Mia and am interested in seeing what everyone does with theirs. :smileyhappy:

1. Which Clarisionc do you have?

2. How often do you use it?

3. What products work best for you? Cleanser? Exfoliator? 

4. What is your skin type?

I hope something like this hasn't already been posted recently. 

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Answers: 33
katie1724
Answered

Great question!

First, I will say that I have been using my Clarisonic for nearly a year (next month).

1. I have the original 1-speed Mia. I was worried about the lack of speeds because my skin is sensitive, but I have not had any issues. I use the "Sensitive" brush heads.

2. I use it twice a day. However, while some experts swear it is gentle enough for twice daily usage, others say its use should be limited to 2-3 times per week. My skin does not seem to be suffering any negative effects from using it twice a day -- no dryness, redness, irritation, etc.

3. I use a gentle glycolic acid-based cleanser with it.

4. Clear / somewhat sensitive / combination (sometimes dry, sometimes oily...no clue!).

: )

keelybt
Answered

Hi Sdavis23.  I love my Clarisonic! :heart:

1. I have the Clarisonic Plus

2. Once a day

3. You don't want to use a scrub with it on the face.  The cleansers I use with it are Boscia MakeUp-BreakUp Cool Cleansing Oil and Korres Milk Proteins 3 In 1 Cleansing, Toning and Eye Make-Up Removing Emulsion

4. Dry

anaa
Answered

I use the Mia one speed with deep pore cleansing brush; glycolic cleasning bar from Perricone, twice a day.  My skin is mature, tends to be oily, used to be blackhead prone.

lowrah
Answered

I have a Clarisonic Mia, with the deep cleaning brush heads.

I use it once per day, at night.

I currently use a PCA 5% BPO cleanser with it.

I have acne skin, I'm not sure what type. I used to think it was oily, but then I started moisturizing more and now it's not.

missjr
Answered

What an excellent topic!

1.  I have the Clarisonic Mia (1 speed) with the deep-pore cleansing brush

2. I use it once a day at night to cleanse my face before going to bed

3. I typically used Clinique facial gel for oily skin and recently switched to the Caudalie Instant Foaming Cleanser.  I don't use a scrub with my brush. 

4. My skin type is oily and I'm prone to breakouts, but during the winter I get dry patches

buzzbee3
Answered

1. Clarisonice Mia2

2. Only on days I wear makeup. On average 3 or 4 days a week.

3. Korres Milk Foaming Cream Cleanser...it's awesome! You only need a dab and it foams up amazingly!!

4. Normal to Dry.

dianabt
Answered

Fun post! Here are my answers:

1. Clarisonic Mia

2. I use it 2-3x a week.

3. I like exfoliators best and peels, (never use scrubby beads with a Clarisonic!) I currently use the Origins Checks n Balances with my Clarisonic and the Kate Somerville Exfolikate as a weekly treatment.

4. I have combination skin, leaning more towards dry lately.

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana
iknowitstoday
Answered

1. Clarisonic Plus

2. 1-2x a day always at night

3. Clinique 3 step (#3 Oily-Oily Combo)

4. Clear but oily

JillMConnell
Answered

1. I have the Mia 2.

2. I use it daily, sometimes twice daily.  I like detaching the outer brush rim and cleaning the crevices of my nose with it.  Gross and a sure way to get cleanser up my nostrils but very effective!

3. My Mia is pretty much the only manual exfoliation I'll use.  I use the ARCONA pads to exfoliate when needed.  I like Origins Checks and Balances for us with my Clarisonic.

4. Combo, with dry patches during the winter and oil pits in the summer.

fran11
Answered

1. I have the Mia 2

2. I use it once a day - at night. I use the delicate brush heads becuase even the sensitive ones were irritating my skin when used daily. No issues with the delicate brushes in almost a year's worth of use.

3. I use the Origins Checks and Balances Cleanser with it. It foams up really well.

4. I have oily/acne prone skin

Manda
Answered

1. Which Clarisionc do you have? Clarisonic Mia

2. How often do you use it? Twice a day.  Once in the morning to clean my face and neck, and once at night, to help to remove makeup and keep my skin clean.

3. What products work best for you? Cleanser? Exfoliator? I am using Boscia's Cleansing Makeup-Breakup Oil.  I first massage it into my skin whenever it is dry.  Then, I wet my clarisonic brush head and use it to help with the cleaning process.

4. What is your skin type? Dry-combo

ArnishiaMonroe
Answered
(0) Hearts

Some great answers on here !

1. Clarisonic Mia 2

2. I use it once every night but I'm going to start using it 1-2 a day

3. I use a cream cleanser to remove dirt & makeup then follow up with a exfoliater

4.Oily Skin (severe)

hollypop
Answered
(0) Hearts

1. Which Clarisionc do you have? I have the Mia 2
2. How often do you use it? I use it 3-4 times a week, usually in the evening. 
3. What products work best for you? Cleanser? Exfoliator? I just use cleanser w/ my Clarisonic, usually Boscia's Makeup Breakup Cleansing Oil, Purpose face wash, or Josie Maran's cleansing oil
4. What is your skin type? Combo/ a little sensitive

arielaaaaaaaa
Answered
(0) Hearts

Awesome Question!!!

1. Clarisonic Mia 2

2. Once a day at Night

3. I use it with the Korres 3 in 1 milk protein cleanser, sometimes The Murad cleanser. 

4. I have extremely dry skin with breakouts.

notcreative
Answered
(0) Hearts

I have the Clarisonic Plus.

When I first got it a little over a year ago, I used it every day or every other day.  Now that I am regularly using face masks, and exfoliants, I have lowered the use to 2-3 times a week.  I tweak that number anytime I feel it needs it.  Only a few times ever have I used it for both the morning and evening face wash.  I also use the body head every time I shave.

I use cleanser with the face brush and an exfoliator with the body brush.  When I use an exfoliant on my face, I like to work it in gently with my hands.

I have sensitive combination skin.  My dry patches are very dry, but my oily patches are very oily.  The dry side takes over in most battles though.

laurenb703
Answered
(0) Hearts

Thanks for posting this!! So nice to read everyone's answers.

1. I have the Clarisonic Mia and I use it with the sensitive brush head.

2. At the most I use it once a day (at night) but I will skip some days if I feel like I don't need it or if I am going to use an exfoliating scrub/mask instead.

3. I like to use it with a gentle, non-foaming cleanser. My faves right now are Philosophy's Purity Made Simple and Fresh's Soy Face Cleanser.

4. I would say I have pretty normal skin. When I take care of it, it's not overly dry or oily. In the winter it can get dehydrated and in the summer it can get oily. But overall it's fairly normal now that I've grown out of my acne teen years and into my 20s.

gxlxaxm
Answered
(0) Hearts

1. Clarisonic Aria with the deep pore brush head

2. Everyday - morning and sometimes night

3. Clarisonic Deep Pore Cleanser (when my skin is normal) ane Burts Bees Soap Bark & Chamomile Deep Cleansing Cream (when I'm feeling dry)

4. Dry/Combo Fair skin

jbh79
Answered
(0) Hearts

1) clarisonic pro

2). Twice a day

3) dior velvet peony cleansing milk

4) pale, tends to be dry, blemish free,  some sun damage

girliegirl895
Answered
(0) Hearts

1. Mia 2 

2. Every night. 

3. The Body Shop's Tea Tree Skin Clearing Facial Wash

4. Combination and acne-prone

viviene23
Answered
(0) Hearts

1. I use Clarisonic Plus with sensitive brush...I also use deep pore brush for a weekend(sat and sunday) every two weeks

2.  Daily...at night

3.I use cetaphil or obagi nu derm cleanser

4. Combination skin leaning oily. My skin is clear but I do have occasional hormonal breakout every once in a while.

updatedversion
Answered
(0) Hearts

1. Which Clarisionc do you have? Mia2

2. How often do you use it? Everynight

3. What products work best for you? Cleanser? Acne Solutions Cleansing Face and Body Soap

Exfoliator? St. Ives Apricot Scrub or Cure Natural Aqua Peeling Gel

4. What is your skin type? Sensitive & Oily

ashsha248
Answered
(0) Hearts

1.  I've had my Plus for almost 3 years and I love it! I currently use the sensitive or delicate brush head.  I tried the deep pore cleansing brush head and my face broke out for months and never healed until I stopped using it.

2.  I use my Clarisonic at night because I use other products that exfoliate my skin (ex. retinols, glycolics) and I don't want to over exfoliate.  I did use it 2xs a day for over a year with no problems but my products weren't as active either. 

3.  Right now, I'm using Philosophy's Purity (not the gel) and it works well.  I've used Dr. Perricone, Murad, Origin's, Boscia, Ole Henriksen and who knows what eles with zero problems.  You can use an exfoliator with it but it SHOULD NOT contain jojoba beads or anything similar.  (The Plus comes with a body scrub to use with the body brush...That's okay.) Personally, I wouldn't use a facial exfoliant with it at all.  I also didn't like using oil based cleansers with it but that's my personal preference. 

4. When I started I had dry skin but now I am a true combination skin.  My T-Zone is easily clogged while my cheeks stay dry,  I haven't had any problems with milia and etc with my current routine so I'm very happy.  I LOVE my Clarisonic and recommend them to my clients all of the time.  I even bought one for my Mom.  :smileyhappy:

acamurati
Answered
(0) Hearts

1. Mia 2

2. Once daily

3. Fresh soy face cleanser

4. Oily, fair

serioustree
Answered
(0) Hearts

1 Mia, one speed

2 once a week

3 cleanser. Shiseido's perfect whip foaming cleanser or Hada Labo Tokyo's hydrating cleanser

4 normal but very VERY sensitive 

DaisieWilde
Answered
(0) Hearts

1. Clarisonic Plus

2. Every few days

3. I use only water as I cleanse prior to using my Clarisonic.  I use it for manual exfoliation, post-makeup removal, and the fact that I don't use it for makeup removal allows me to go much further without having to change out brush heads.

4. Oily in the summer, combination in the winter.

lmevans
Answered
(0) Hearts

1. I have the Clairsonic Mia 2, with a sensitive skin brush head.

2. I use it twice a day, morning and night.

3. With my Clairsonic, I exclusively use Philosophy's Purity.

4. I have combination-dry skin, with a somewhat oily t-zone.

Hope this helps!! xo

PRINCESSKL
Answered
(0) Hearts

1. Mia

2. 2x a day

3.chanel mousse douceur, first aid beauty face wash ( I use bar soap on my hands for my face Ito get most makeup off so my brush doesn't get stained)

4. Combo

emiliea
Answered
[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

I have the Mia

once or twice a day

cleanser (PTR for acne)

oily/combination

chanel5maier
Answered
[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

1. The Clairsonic Plus 3 speed with the sensitive head. I replace brush heads each season.

2. 1-2 times daily.

3. AM - Philosophy Microdelivery Exfoliating Wash. PM - Purity Made Simple.

4. Fair, dry and 50 years old. My skin needs help sloughing off and these products and the Clairsonic help with minimal distress to my skin.

krunce
Answered
(0) Hearts

1. Clarisonic Mia.

2. Once a day. I use it twice (i.e., press the button again when it stops) so I get a full 2 minute cleanse.

3. Cleanser: Philosophy Purity. Exfoliator: I'm an exfoliator junkie. I use abrasive and non abrasive exfoliators, but not too often because I have the deep pore head for my Clarisonic so it's very ... thorough.

4. 'Combination' (whatever that means). My skin can be very dry, but I develop an oily t-zone during the day. I have excess sebum production and have to constantly manage small whiteheads.

Question Stats
  • 33 answers
  • 27 hearts
  • 34 in conversation
    • keelybt
    • katie1724
    • DTalksAll
    • anaa
    • arielaaaaaaaa
    • girliegirl895
    • emiliea
    • ashsha248