What do you use with your Clarisonic
I just started using the Clarisonic Mia and am interested in seeing what everyone does with theirs.
1. Which Clarisionc do you have?
2. How often do you use it?
3. What products work best for you? Cleanser? Exfoliator?
4. What is your skin type?
I hope something like this hasn't already been posted recently.
First, I will say that I have been using my Clarisonic for nearly a year (next month).
1. I have the original 1-speed Mia. I was worried about the lack of speeds because my skin is sensitive, but I have not had any issues. I use the "Sensitive" brush heads.
2. I use it twice a day. However, while some experts swear it is gentle enough for twice daily usage, others say its use should be limited to 2-3 times per week. My skin does not seem to be suffering any negative effects from using it twice a day -- no dryness, redness, irritation, etc.
3. I use a gentle glycolic acid-based cleanser with it.
4. Clear / somewhat sensitive / combination (sometimes dry, sometimes oily...no clue!).
Hi Sdavis23. I love my Clarisonic!
1. I have the Clarisonic Plus
2. Once a day
3. You don't want to use a scrub with it on the face. The cleansers I use with it are Boscia MakeUp-BreakUp Cool Cleansing Oil and Korres Milk Proteins 3 In 1 Cleansing, Toning and Eye Make-Up Removing Emulsion
I have a Clarisonic Mia, with the deep cleaning brush heads.
I use it once per day, at night.
I currently use a PCA 5% BPO cleanser with it.
I have acne skin, I'm not sure what type. I used to think it was oily, but then I started moisturizing more and now it's not.
What an excellent topic!
1. I have the Clarisonic Mia (1 speed) with the deep-pore cleansing brush
2. I use it once a day at night to cleanse my face before going to bed
3. I typically used Clinique facial gel for oily skin and recently switched to the Caudalie Instant Foaming Cleanser. I don't use a scrub with my brush.
4. My skin type is oily and I'm prone to breakouts, but during the winter I get dry patches
1. I have the Mia 2
2. I use it once a day - at night. I use the delicate brush heads becuase even the sensitive ones were irritating my skin when used daily. No issues with the delicate brushes in almost a year's worth of use.
3. I use the Origins Checks and Balances Cleanser with it. It foams up really well.
4. I have oily/acne prone skin
1. Which Clarisionc do you have? Clarisonic Mia
2. How often do you use it? Twice a day. Once in the morning to clean my face and neck, and once at night, to help to remove makeup and keep my skin clean.
3. What products work best for you? Cleanser? Exfoliator? I am using Boscia's Cleansing Makeup-Breakup Oil. I first massage it into my skin whenever it is dry. Then, I wet my clarisonic brush head and use it to help with the cleaning process.
4. What is your skin type? Dry-combo
1. Clarisonice Mia2
2. Only on days I wear makeup. On average 3 or 4 days a week.
3. Korres Milk Foaming Cream Cleanser...it's awesome! You only need a dab and it foams up amazingly!!
4. Normal to Dry.
Fun post! Here are my answers:
1. Clarisonic Mia
2. I use it 2-3x a week.
3. I like exfoliators best and peels, (never use scrubby beads with a Clarisonic!) I currently use the Origins Checks n Balances with my Clarisonic and the Kate Somerville Exfolikate as a weekly treatment.
4. I have combination skin, leaning more towards dry lately.
1. I have the Mia 2.
2. I use it daily, sometimes twice daily. I like detaching the outer brush rim and cleaning the crevices of my nose with it. Gross and a sure way to get cleanser up my nostrils but very effective!
3. My Mia is pretty much the only manual exfoliation I'll use. I use the ARCONA pads to exfoliate when needed. I like Origins Checks and Balances for us with my Clarisonic.
4. Combo, with dry patches during the winter and oil pits in the summer.
1. Clarisonic Mia.
2. Once a day. I use it twice (i.e., press the button again when it stops) so I get a full 2 minute cleanse.
3. Cleanser: Philosophy Purity. Exfoliator: I'm an exfoliator junkie. I use abrasive and non abrasive exfoliators, but not too often because I have the deep pore head for my Clarisonic so it's very ... thorough.
4. 'Combination' (whatever that means). My skin can be very dry, but I develop an oily t-zone during the day. I have excess sebum production and have to constantly manage small whiteheads.
Y'all have power!
1. Reading the beauty boards made me buy a Clarisonic Aria Christmas 2014.
2. At first, 1x per day and developed the big red bumps along my jawline. It was not acne or this purging myth. It was good ole irritation. Now, I use it 1x a week. I go one cycle and when it goes off I do about 15 extra seconds on my nose for deep pore cleansing.
3. Weird, but my favorite cleanser with it is the Clarisonic cleanser that was included. My skin is refreshed and tight feeling. Pores are squeaky clean. No more blackheads. The rest of the week I use different products. Sampling my buys and GWP minis. Fun!
Thanks for posting this!! So nice to read everyone's answers.
1. I have the Clarisonic Mia and I use it with the sensitive brush head.
2. At the most I use it once a day (at night) but I will skip some days if I feel like I don't need it or if I am going to use an exfoliating scrub/mask instead.
3. I like to use it with a gentle, non-foaming cleanser. My faves right now are Philosophy's Purity Made Simple and Fresh's Soy Face Cleanser.
4. I would say I have pretty normal skin. When I take care of it, it's not overly dry or oily. In the winter it can get dehydrated and in the summer it can get oily. But overall it's fairly normal now that I've grown out of my acne teen years and into my 20s.
1. I have the Clairsonic Mia 2, with a sensitive skin brush head.
2. I use it twice a day, morning and night.
3. With my Clairsonic, I exclusively use Philosophy's Purity.
4. I have combination-dry skin, with a somewhat oily t-zone.
Hope this helps!! xo
1. Clarisonic Mia 2
2. Once a day at Night
3. I use it with the Korres 3 in 1 milk protein cleanser, sometimes The Murad cleanser.
4. I have extremely dry skin with breakouts.
- I have Clarisonic Aria. Had the Mia1 but my brother really liked it and wanted it especially for breaking out and blackhead purposes. So I just gave mine to my brother and bought myself a new one.
I use either the delicate or sensitive and the Luxe brush for the mornings.
- I use it at least once daily. but ever since I purchased the Luxe brush, I use it in the morning too sometimes
- everything I've used so far works fine with the device. I am currently using the Bobbi Brown lathering tube. Origins checks and balances worked great, Dr. Bronner's soap works great for blackheads (I only use it around the nose),Clarins gentle cleanser worked great, etc.
- I exfoliate separately once a week or once every 2 weeks with Josie maran powder wash
- I have combination sensitive skin prone to break outs.
1. Which Clarisionc do you have? I have the Mia 2
2. How often do you use it? I use it 3-4 times a week, usually in the evening.
3. What products work best for you? Cleanser? Exfoliator? I just use cleanser w/ my Clarisonic, usually Boscia's Makeup Breakup Cleansing Oil, Purpose face wash, or Josie Maran's cleansing oil
4. What is your skin type? Combo/ a little sensitive
1. Which Clarisionc do you have? Mia2
2. How often do you use it? Everynight
3. What products work best for you? Cleanser? Acne Solutions Cleansing Face and Body Soap
Exfoliator? St. Ives Apricot Scrub or Cure Natural Aqua Peeling Gel
4. What is your skin type? Sensitive & Oily
- Clarisonic Mia 1 - I have had it for 3.5 years. I switch between the deep pore and acne brush heads.
- Once a day, in the morning.
- I use it with a foaming cleanser, right now it is PTR Anti-aging Cleansing Gel. I like to put some cleanser on the brush head, lather the brush head with my hand while the clarisonic is off, then add a little more cleanser on it and use it on my face.
- Combination-oily; very oily tzone, normal cheeks, dryness around mouth/jaw/chin/neck, and hormonal acne around chin/jaw.
1. I've had my Original Plus for over 3 years & Original Mia in light pink for travel for over 2 years. I like them both, but prefer the speeds on the plus. The body attatchment is awesome & use that once a week. I've tried the normal brush heads, delicate (returned those), sensitve & am now debating between deep pore & acne.
2. 3-4 x a week; at night normally when I had makeup on
3. ARCONA Raspberry Clarifying Bar (smells delicious or OH On the Go Cleanser. When I first got it I did use it with an exfoliator, but stopped & cleaned it out as soon as I learned it could break it. I'm thinking of trying it out with AmorePacifc Treatment Enzyme Peel, I heard the two work well together since the exfoliator is chemical and goes from powder to foam with no grains. I do a mask once a week depending on my skins needs; OH Blue/Black Berry Mask if I'm dry, Glamglow if I'm congested, or something with grains if I have dry patches & acne.
4. Combo, not greasy just breakouts & dry spots when I don't moisturize enough.
1. Mia and a Mia 2 (just upgraded to that one)
2. Once or twice a day. Usually after I get off a 12hr shift at the hospital (RN working 7p-7a) I grab a Burt's Bees makeup wipe and brush teeth and fall into bed.
3. Oil of Olay Total Effects blemish control cleanser on bare skin in the "morning" and Origins checks and balances to take off makeup on days I am off. Love it to get clay masks off once they are dried.
4. What is my skin type? That is a good question lately. My skin has been very hormonal lately, more acne prone and dry than normal, starting to feel less dry now that it is heating up in Pa.
2. I use it every morning and night.
3. The Clarisonic actually does a fair amount of exfoliating, whether the company says it does or not. So, I usually shy away from exfoliators. I use BOSCIA Detoxifying Black Cleanser (http://seph.me/1EneWZk). I also have a routine where for one of the 14 washes/week, I replace the CLARISONIC Replacement Brush Head in Normal (http://seph.me/1Ls97Qx) with the CLARISONIC Replacement Brush Head in Deep Pore (http://seph.me/1LjESdN).
4. My skin is fairly normal, but prone to breakouts on my chin and sometimes on my cheeks. I just washed my entire face - lips, eyebrows, under-chin area included. And felt like this picture might be relevant: http://bit.ly/1Ajf1Cu.
I have the Mia 2, and use the lower speed and a sensitive head. I generally only use it every other day or so. I like to use a really gentle cleanser as I find the clarisonic does a pretty effective job of cleaning. Specifically, I use the Caudalie Gentle Cleansing Milk. I have combination skin and a lot fo people mentioned that they had a period of breaking out after starting to use their clarisonic, but I have never experienced that.
Answered[ Edited ]
1. I think I have the Mia 1? It's basic and has just one speed, and I have the sensitive brush heads.
2. I use it almost every evening
3. I only use cleansers with it -- these past few months I've been using the Murad Clarifying cleanser. I love the cool, tingly feeling you get with it!
4. My skin is mostly combination and acne-prone
Answered[ Edited ]
1. The Clairsonic Plus 3 speed with the sensitive head. I replace brush heads each season.
2. 1-2 times daily.
3. AM - Philosophy Microdelivery Exfoliating Wash. PM - Purity Made Simple.
4. Fair, dry and 50 years old. My skin needs help sloughing off and these products and the Clairsonic help with minimal distress to my skin.
1. Clarisonic Aria with the deep pore brush head
2. Everyday - morning and sometimes night
3. Clarisonic Deep Pore Cleanser (when my skin is normal) ane Burts Bees Soap Bark & Chamomile Deep Cleansing Cream (when I'm feeling dry)
4. Dry/Combo Fair skin