What do you use with your Clarisonic
I just started using the Clarisonic Mia and am interested in seeing what everyone does with theirs.
1. Which Clarisionc do you have?
2. How often do you use it?
3. What products work best for you? Cleanser? Exfoliator?
4. What is your skin type?
I hope something like this hasn't already been posted recently.
- I have Clarisonic Aria. Had the Mia1 but my brother really liked it and wanted it especially for breaking out and blackhead purposes. So I just gave mine to my brother and bought myself a new one.
I use either the delicate or sensitive and the Luxe brush for the mornings.
- I use it at least once daily. but ever since I purchased the Luxe brush, I use it in the morning too sometimes
- everything I've used so far works fine with the device. I am currently using the Bobbi Brown lathering tube. Origins checks and balances worked great, Dr. Bronner's soap works great for blackheads (I only use it around the nose),Clarins gentle cleanser worked great, etc.
- I exfoliate separately once a week or once every 2 weeks with Josie maran powder wash
- I have combination sensitive skin prone to break outs.
Mia 2, deep cleansing brush.
I use it every time I remove makeup, and lately, every other time I wash my face. (I'm having some extreme flakiness and the Clairsonic seems to help!)
I have a heck of a time finding cleansers that don't make me feel dry. I gave up and started just using my non-drying body cleanser - Dove soap! /:
Skin type is combination. Dry, dry, dry with an oily t-zone.
- Clarisonic Mia 1 - I have had it for 3.5 years. I switch between the deep pore and acne brush heads.
- Once a day, in the morning.
- I use it with a foaming cleanser, right now it is PTR Anti-aging Cleansing Gel. I like to put some cleanser on the brush head, lather the brush head with my hand while the clarisonic is off, then add a little more cleanser on it and use it on my face.
- Combination-oily; very oily tzone, normal cheeks, dryness around mouth/jaw/chin/neck, and hormonal acne around chin/jaw.
1. I have the Clairsonic Plus, with a Smart brush head.
2. I use it twice a day, morning and night.
3. I use Philosophy's Miracle Worker cleanser.
4. I have combination skin with an oily t-zone.
I have the Mia 2, and use the lower speed and a sensitive head. I generally only use it every other day or so. I like to use a really gentle cleanser as I find the clarisonic does a pretty effective job of cleaning. Specifically, I use the Caudalie Gentle Cleansing Milk. I have combination skin and a lot fo people mentioned that they had a period of breaking out after starting to use their clarisonic, but I have never experienced that.
1. Clarisonic Aria with the deep pore brush head
2. Everyday - morning and sometimes night
3. Clarisonic Deep Pore Cleanser (when my skin is normal) ane Burts Bees Soap Bark & Chamomile Deep Cleansing Cream (when I'm feeling dry)
4. Dry/Combo Fair skin
Thanks for posting this!! So nice to read everyone's answers.
1. I have the Clarisonic Mia and I use it with the sensitive brush head.
2. At the most I use it once a day (at night) but I will skip some days if I feel like I don't need it or if I am going to use an exfoliating scrub/mask instead.
3. I like to use it with a gentle, non-foaming cleanser. My faves right now are Philosophy's Purity Made Simple and Fresh's Soy Face Cleanser.
4. I would say I have pretty normal skin. When I take care of it, it's not overly dry or oily. In the winter it can get dehydrated and in the summer it can get oily. But overall it's fairly normal now that I've grown out of my acne teen years and into my 20s.
I have the original one speed mia (it's PINK!)
It varies how often I use it, if I'm wearing makeup on a more regular basis then I use it to take my makeup off. If I'm not wearing makeup maybe 3x per week
I used Purity
I have maturing (entering menopause) oily skin. I'm not prone to breakouts thankfully
I have the Clarisonic Plus.
When I first got it a little over a year ago, I used it every day or every other day. Now that I am regularly using face masks, and exfoliants, I have lowered the use to 2-3 times a week. I tweak that number anytime I feel it needs it. Only a few times ever have I used it for both the morning and evening face wash. I also use the body head every time I shave.
I use cleanser with the face brush and an exfoliator with the body brush. When I use an exfoliant on my face, I like to work it in gently with my hands.
I have sensitive combination skin. My dry patches are very dry, but my oily patches are very oily. The dry side takes over in most battles though.
Some great answers on here !
1. Clarisonic Mia 2
2. I use it once every night but I'm going to start using it 1-2 a day
3. I use a cream cleanser to remove dirt & makeup then follow up with a exfoliater
4.Oily Skin (severe)
1. I've had my Original Plus for over 3 years & Original Mia in light pink for travel for over 2 years. I like them both, but prefer the speeds on the plus. The body attatchment is awesome & use that once a week. I've tried the normal brush heads, delicate (returned those), sensitve & am now debating between deep pore & acne.
2. 3-4 x a week; at night normally when I had makeup on
3. ARCONA Raspberry Clarifying Bar (smells delicious or OH On the Go Cleanser. When I first got it I did use it with an exfoliator, but stopped & cleaned it out as soon as I learned it could break it. I'm thinking of trying it out with AmorePacifc Treatment Enzyme Peel, I heard the two work well together since the exfoliator is chemical and goes from powder to foam with no grains. I do a mask once a week depending on my skins needs; OH Blue/Black Berry Mask if I'm dry, Glamglow if I'm congested, or something with grains if I have dry patches & acne.
4. Combo, not greasy just breakouts & dry spots when I don't moisturize enough.
1. I use Clarisonic Plus with sensitive brush...I also use deep pore brush for a weekend(sat and sunday) every two weeks
2. Daily...at night
3.I use cetaphil or obagi nu derm cleanser
4. Combination skin leaning oily. My skin is clear but I do have occasional hormonal breakout every once in a while.
1. I have the Clairsonic Mia 2, with a sensitive skin brush head.
2. I use it twice a day, morning and night.
3. With my Clairsonic, I exclusively use Philosophy's Purity.
4. I have combination-dry skin, with a somewhat oily t-zone.
Hope this helps!! xo
1. Clarisonic Plus
2. Every few days
3. I use only water as I cleanse prior to using my Clarisonic. I use it for manual exfoliation, post-makeup removal, and the fact that I don't use it for makeup removal allows me to go much further without having to change out brush heads.
4. Oily in the summer, combination in the winter.
1. Clarisonic Mia.
2. Once a day. I use it twice (i.e., press the button again when it stops) so I get a full 2 minute cleanse.
3. Cleanser: Philosophy Purity. Exfoliator: I'm an exfoliator junkie. I use abrasive and non abrasive exfoliators, but not too often because I have the deep pore head for my Clarisonic so it's very ... thorough.
4. 'Combination' (whatever that means). My skin can be very dry, but I develop an oily t-zone during the day. I have excess sebum production and have to constantly manage small whiteheads.
1. I've had my Plus for almost 3 years and I love it! I currently use the sensitive or delicate brush head. I tried the deep pore cleansing brush head and my face broke out for months and never healed until I stopped using it.
2. I use my Clarisonic at night because I use other products that exfoliate my skin (ex. retinols, glycolics) and I don't want to over exfoliate. I did use it 2xs a day for over a year with no problems but my products weren't as active either.
3. Right now, I'm using Philosophy's Purity (not the gel) and it works well. I've used Dr. Perricone, Murad, Origin's, Boscia, Ole Henriksen and who knows what eles with zero problems. You can use an exfoliator with it but it SHOULD NOT contain jojoba beads or anything similar. (The Plus comes with a body scrub to use with the body brush...That's okay.) Personally, I wouldn't use a facial exfoliant with it at all. I also didn't like using oil based cleansers with it but that's my personal preference.
4. When I started I had dry skin but now I am a true combination skin. My T-Zone is easily clogged while my cheeks stay dry, I haven't had any problems with milia and etc with my current routine so I'm very happy. I LOVE my Clarisonic and recommend them to my clients all of the time. I even bought one for my Mom.
1. Clarisonic Mia 2
2. Once a day at Night
3. I use it with the Korres 3 in 1 milk protein cleanser, sometimes The Murad cleanser.
4. I have extremely dry skin with breakouts.
1. Clarisonice Mia2
2. Only on days I wear makeup. On average 3 or 4 days a week.
3. Korres Milk Foaming Cream Cleanser...it's awesome! You only need a dab and it foams up amazingly!!
4. Normal to Dry.
1. Which Clarisionc do you have? I have the Mia 2
2. How often do you use it? I use it 3-4 times a week, usually in the evening.
3. What products work best for you? Cleanser? Exfoliator? I just use cleanser w/ my Clarisonic, usually Boscia's Makeup Breakup Cleansing Oil, Purpose face wash, or Josie Maran's cleansing oil
4. What is your skin type? Combo/ a little sensitive
1. Which Clarisionc do you have? Mia2
2. How often do you use it? Everynight
3. What products work best for you? Cleanser? Acne Solutions Cleansing Face and Body Soap
Exfoliator? St. Ives Apricot Scrub or Cure Natural Aqua Peeling Gel
4. What is your skin type? Sensitive & Oily
Answered[ Edited ]
1. The Clairsonic Plus 3 speed with the sensitive head. I replace brush heads each season.
2. 1-2 times daily.
3. AM - Philosophy Microdelivery Exfoliating Wash. PM - Purity Made Simple.
4. Fair, dry and 50 years old. My skin needs help sloughing off and these products and the Clairsonic help with minimal distress to my skin.
1. I have the Mia 2.
2. I use it daily, sometimes twice daily. I like detaching the outer brush rim and cleaning the crevices of my nose with it. Gross and a sure way to get cleanser up my nostrils but very effective!
3. My Mia is pretty much the only manual exfoliation I'll use. I use the ARCONA pads to exfoliate when needed. I like Origins Checks and Balances for us with my Clarisonic.
4. Combo, with dry patches during the winter and oil pits in the summer.
Fun post! Here are my answers:
1. Clarisonic Mia
2. I use it 2-3x a week.
3. I like exfoliators best and peels, (never use scrubby beads with a Clarisonic!) I currently use the Origins Checks n Balances with my Clarisonic and the Kate Somerville Exfolikate as a weekly treatment.
4. I have combination skin, leaning more towards dry lately.