What do you use with your Clarisonic
I just started using the Clarisonic Mia and am interested in seeing what everyone does with theirs.
1. Which Clarisionc do you have?
2. How often do you use it?
3. What products work best for you? Cleanser? Exfoliator?
4. What is your skin type?
I hope something like this hasn't already been posted recently.
Hi Sdavis23. I love my Clarisonic!
1. I have the Clarisonic Plus
2. Once a day
3. You don't want to use a scrub with it on the face. The cleansers I use with it are Boscia MakeUp-BreakUp Cool Cleansing Oil and Korres Milk Proteins 3 In 1 Cleansing, Toning and Eye Make-Up Removing Emulsion
First, I will say that I have been using my Clarisonic for nearly a year (next month).
1. I have the original 1-speed Mia. I was worried about the lack of speeds because my skin is sensitive, but I have not had any issues. I use the "Sensitive" brush heads.
2. I use it twice a day. However, while some experts swear it is gentle enough for twice daily usage, others say its use should be limited to 2-3 times per week. My skin does not seem to be suffering any negative effects from using it twice a day -- no dryness, redness, irritation, etc.
3. I use a gentle glycolic acid-based cleanser with it.
4. Clear / somewhat sensitive / combination (sometimes dry, sometimes oily...no clue!).
I have a Clarisonic Mia, with the deep cleaning brush heads.
I use it once per day, at night.
I currently use a PCA 5% BPO cleanser with it.
I have acne skin, I'm not sure what type. I used to think it was oily, but then I started moisturizing more and now it's not.
What an excellent topic!
1. I have the Clarisonic Mia (1 speed) with the deep-pore cleansing brush
2. I use it once a day at night to cleanse my face before going to bed
3. I typically used Clinique facial gel for oily skin and recently switched to the Caudalie Instant Foaming Cleanser. I don't use a scrub with my brush.
4. My skin type is oily and I'm prone to breakouts, but during the winter I get dry patches
1. I have the Mia 2
2. I use it once a day - at night. I use the delicate brush heads becuase even the sensitive ones were irritating my skin when used daily. No issues with the delicate brushes in almost a year's worth of use.
3. I use the Origins Checks and Balances Cleanser with it. It foams up really well.
4. I have oily/acne prone skin
1. Which Clarisionc do you have? Clarisonic Mia
2. How often do you use it? Twice a day. Once in the morning to clean my face and neck, and once at night, to help to remove makeup and keep my skin clean.
3. What products work best for you? Cleanser? Exfoliator? I am using Boscia's Cleansing Makeup-Breakup Oil. I first massage it into my skin whenever it is dry. Then, I wet my clarisonic brush head and use it to help with the cleaning process.
4. What is your skin type? Dry-combo
1. Clarisonice Mia2
2. Only on days I wear makeup. On average 3 or 4 days a week.
3. Korres Milk Foaming Cream Cleanser...it's awesome! You only need a dab and it foams up amazingly!!
4. Normal to Dry.
Fun post! Here are my answers:
1. Clarisonic Mia
2. I use it 2-3x a week.
3. I like exfoliators best and peels, (never use scrubby beads with a Clarisonic!) I currently use the Origins Checks n Balances with my Clarisonic and the Kate Somerville Exfolikate as a weekly treatment.
4. I have combination skin, leaning more towards dry lately.
1. I have the Mia 2.
2. I use it daily, sometimes twice daily. I like detaching the outer brush rim and cleaning the crevices of my nose with it. Gross and a sure way to get cleanser up my nostrils but very effective!
3. My Mia is pretty much the only manual exfoliation I'll use. I use the ARCONA pads to exfoliate when needed. I like Origins Checks and Balances for us with my Clarisonic.
4. Combo, with dry patches during the winter and oil pits in the summer.
1. Which Clarisionc do you have? Mia2
2. How often do you use it? Everynight
3. What products work best for you? Cleanser? Acne Solutions Cleansing Face and Body Soap
Exfoliator? St. Ives Apricot Scrub or Cure Natural Aqua Peeling Gel
4. What is your skin type? Sensitive & Oily
1. Which Clarisionc do you have? I have the Mia 2
2. How often do you use it? I use it 3-4 times a week, usually in the evening.
3. What products work best for you? Cleanser? Exfoliator? I just use cleanser w/ my Clarisonic, usually Boscia's Makeup Breakup Cleansing Oil, Purpose face wash, or Josie Maran's cleansing oil
4. What is your skin type? Combo/ a little sensitive
Thanks for posting this!! So nice to read everyone's answers.
1. I have the Clarisonic Mia and I use it with the sensitive brush head.
2. At the most I use it once a day (at night) but I will skip some days if I feel like I don't need it or if I am going to use an exfoliating scrub/mask instead.
3. I like to use it with a gentle, non-foaming cleanser. My faves right now are Philosophy's Purity Made Simple and Fresh's Soy Face Cleanser.
4. I would say I have pretty normal skin. When I take care of it, it's not overly dry or oily. In the winter it can get dehydrated and in the summer it can get oily. But overall it's fairly normal now that I've grown out of my acne teen years and into my 20s.
Mia 2, deep cleansing brush.
I use it every time I remove makeup, and lately, every other time I wash my face. (I'm having some extreme flakiness and the Clairsonic seems to help!)
I have a heck of a time finding cleansers that don't make me feel dry. I gave up and started just using my non-drying body cleanser - Dove soap! /:
Skin type is combination. Dry, dry, dry with an oily t-zone.
1. I have the Clairsonic Plus, with a Smart brush head.
2. I use it twice a day, morning and night.
3. I use Philosophy's Miracle Worker cleanser.
4. I have combination skin with an oily t-zone.
Answered[ Edited ]
1. The Clairsonic Plus 3 speed with the sensitive head. I replace brush heads each season.
2. 1-2 times daily.
3. AM - Philosophy Microdelivery Exfoliating Wash. PM - Purity Made Simple.
4. Fair, dry and 50 years old. My skin needs help sloughing off and these products and the Clairsonic help with minimal distress to my skin.
- I have Clarisonic Aria. Had the Mia1 but my brother really liked it and wanted it especially for breaking out and blackhead purposes. So I just gave mine to my brother and bought myself a new one.
I use either the delicate or sensitive and the Luxe brush for the mornings.
- I use it at least once daily. but ever since I purchased the Luxe brush, I use it in the morning too sometimes
- everything I've used so far works fine with the device. I am currently using the Bobbi Brown lathering tube. Origins checks and balances worked great, Dr. Bronner's soap works great for blackheads (I only use it around the nose),Clarins gentle cleanser worked great, etc.
- I exfoliate separately once a week or once every 2 weeks with Josie maran powder wash
- I have combination sensitive skin prone to break outs.
1. I use Clarisonic Plus with sensitive brush...I also use deep pore brush for a weekend(sat and sunday) every two weeks
2. Daily...at night
3.I use cetaphil or obagi nu derm cleanser
4. Combination skin leaning oily. My skin is clear but I do have occasional hormonal breakout every once in a while.
Some great answers on here !
1. Clarisonic Mia 2
2. I use it once every night but I'm going to start using it 1-2 a day
3. I use a cream cleanser to remove dirt & makeup then follow up with a exfoliater
4.Oily Skin (severe)
1. Clarisonic Aria with the deep pore brush head
2. Everyday - morning and sometimes night
3. Clarisonic Deep Pore Cleanser (when my skin is normal) ane Burts Bees Soap Bark & Chamomile Deep Cleansing Cream (when I'm feeling dry)
4. Dry/Combo Fair skin
1. Clarisonic Plus
2. Every few days
3. I use only water as I cleanse prior to using my Clarisonic. I use it for manual exfoliation, post-makeup removal, and the fact that I don't use it for makeup removal allows me to go much further without having to change out brush heads.
4. Oily in the summer, combination in the winter.
I have the Mia 2, and use the lower speed and a sensitive head. I generally only use it every other day or so. I like to use a really gentle cleanser as I find the clarisonic does a pretty effective job of cleaning. Specifically, I use the Caudalie Gentle Cleansing Milk. I have combination skin and a lot fo people mentioned that they had a period of breaking out after starting to use their clarisonic, but I have never experienced that.
1. I've had my Plus for almost 3 years and I love it! I currently use the sensitive or delicate brush head. I tried the deep pore cleansing brush head and my face broke out for months and never healed until I stopped using it.
2. I use my Clarisonic at night because I use other products that exfoliate my skin (ex. retinols, glycolics) and I don't want to over exfoliate. I did use it 2xs a day for over a year with no problems but my products weren't as active either.
3. Right now, I'm using Philosophy's Purity (not the gel) and it works well. I've used Dr. Perricone, Murad, Origin's, Boscia, Ole Henriksen and who knows what eles with zero problems. You can use an exfoliator with it but it SHOULD NOT contain jojoba beads or anything similar. (The Plus comes with a body scrub to use with the body brush...That's okay.) Personally, I wouldn't use a facial exfoliant with it at all. I also didn't like using oil based cleansers with it but that's my personal preference.
4. When I started I had dry skin but now I am a true combination skin. My T-Zone is easily clogged while my cheeks stay dry, I haven't had any problems with milia and etc with my current routine so I'm very happy. I LOVE my Clarisonic and recommend them to my clients all of the time. I even bought one for my Mom.