Answer
ChicDabbler
What do you sacrifice for beauty?
(0) Hearts

Have you ever stop doing something you love or eating your favorite food because it's better for your skin?

We all know that certain food are bad for certain skin types...fried/greasy food, diary products, spicy food etc. But I can't, I LOVE food. I'm willing to dilligently put SPF on in the morning and spend 10min at night for skincare no matter how tired I am. I'm willing to not touch my face, wipe my cell phone clean and change my pillow case regularly. But. I. can't. cut. spicy. food. I can go without fried or diary food for a couple month if I want, but I cannot cut spicy food out. Garlic? Onion? jalapenos? they are the stuff of life! I love them cooked and I love them raw....and I know they definitely give me pimples...it's like telling me to choose between good food and good skin and it's just...well, I was just wondering if anyone have faced this difficult decision, challenge to your self discipline, whatever you want to call it.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
This is an excerpt of the original post.View the full conversation
hotcoco1124
Answered

Obviously we all sacrifice time to get ready in the morning, and thus sleep in a little less.  Also the time before bed to wash your face and slather on some lotion, remove makeup, etc.  And don't forget those longer showers where we shave :smileytongue:

Oh, and we sacrifice just some lazy comfort for the endorphins and toning we get from a little jog or some exercise.  It can get pretty hard to find the willpower to get up of my butt and even do something simple like stretch before I head out to a dance class.

I'm lately been trying to eat on the healthier side, but not really going out of my way to eat different.  Just getting an apple instead of some Cheez-Its, or a handful of lightly salted almond, or some yogurt.  But going out to eat with some friends?  I'm getting a burger and fries.

Now I don't have really bad skin (it's actually pretty darn good) but I have noticed it's improved.  For example, I used to have a few little zits on the side of my face, and now they're gone.  I had had minor acne their for at least a year, but now it's almost completely gone.  YAY!

Question Stats
  • 5 answers
  • 5 hearts
  • 6 in conversation
    • cherrybombtastic
    • maltipoo66
    • glossjuunkiee
    • ChicDabbler
    • makeupobesessed
    • hotcoco1124