kimchikween

Welcome to the first ever BeautyTalk "Save Our Skin" Skincare Journal!

[ Edited ]

Updated 2/20/2014 - It's not too late to join us!

--------------------------------------------------------

First of all, credit goes to @marydiva for the SOS moniker though @jenpred's "Did I Just Put That On My Face? - A Skin Care Journey" was a close second. Thank you, ladies!

I know a lot of us are skincare product junkies, but, if you're anything like me, probably aren't using all those products as consistently as you should. I made a personal goal in 2014 to be better about taking care of my skin (perhaps it's because I have a milestone b-day this year..eek). BT has been such a great source of skincare insight and dialogue, I thought it would be great for us to keep each other accountable and follow each other's SOS journey.

So, here's the plan:

We each create our own BT thread start the name of it with "SOS 2014".  You can end it with whatever you want.  For example: “SOS 2014 - Potholes are for streets and craters are for moons” You lot are a creative bunch, so I'm looking forward to what you think of. :smileytongue:

In your initial post, make sure to include the following:

• Skincare routine you are going to follow
  • Current skin status - picture (if you comfortable providing one)/notes
  • Skincare goals for 2014
  • Any other factors that might be impacting your skin - stress, smoking, sun damage, etc… We can help motivate each other on keeping healthy habits that will help save our skin.

Every week, create a new post to your thread: Did you stick with your routine? What products did you use? Have you noticed any differences?

Then, in a year's time, we'll return to this thread and share our overall thoughts on the journey and how close we got to our goals.

This post will contain links to everyone who is participating and can be a place where discussions with everyone can take place.

Please know that this is the first time we're doing this, so if you have any constructive criticism on the approach/format, please let me know. Perhaps, then, I can pass this baton to someone else for 2015. :smiley-veryhappy:

Looking forward to following everyone’s journeys!

SOS.jpg

kimchikween

Re: Welcome to the first ever BeautyTalk "Save Our Skin" Skincare Journal!

(0) Hearts

I have definitely not stuck to my SOS journal, but am so proud and motivated by those of you who have.  Keep it going!

evno

(0) Hearts
CmmC

(0) Hearts
kimchikween

(0) Hearts

Welcome to SOS @mimibel!  

lilyyy

I am amazed at how organized this is.

mimibel

kimchikween

Sorry ladies - I owe an update to the links and my first week entry.  It's been so crazy at work.  Anyone who works/worked/works with corporate accounting knows the year-end pain I'm going through :smileytongue:  I hope to play BT catch-up this weekend.  Happy journaling!

BeautyJunkie325

Year-end close is almost as bad as the year-end audit that follows. Worse yet is the SEC reporting of the year end results that follows for public companies. <<shudders remembering the horror>>. 

kimchikween

(0) Hearts

Oh yea - we have the audit going on right now, too, with a bunch of new, very green auditors...<sigh>

BeautyJunkie325

(0) Hearts

That is even worse.  My 2 least favorite thing were changing audit firms and getting new auditors on your account each year. because you'd have to teach a whole new set of people about your company and the reports they have to use.

DTalksAll

Ok I finally did mine. No pic yet though :smileysad: I'll try to add one before the weekend 

http://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Stories/SOS-2014-In-need-of-SkinCare-Addict-Chill-Pill/m-p/...

IttyxBittyxMe

jenpred

Ahhhh I apologize, but I still have to post mine up :smileysad:. I've been sick for the past week and a half and just have had no energy to do anything :smileysad:. Also, my face is unusually red and blothchy from violently coughing.

I've thoroughly enjoyed reading everyone's so far! Thank you for sharing your journeys! :smileyhappy:

kimchikween

(0) Hearts

We're nearing the 1 week mark (depending on when you started) - ready to give your updates?! :smiley:  I have some confessin' to do on mine.. :smileytongue:

marydiva

(0) Hearts

Love reading everyone's entries! :smileyhappy:

WhereYouStand

(0) Hearts

http://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Stories/SOS-2014-quot-a-rise-from-dreams-and-disasters-a-jo...

Spoiler
I'm in too just arriving late
quotidianus

theramenlover

(0) Hearts

Just spent ages typing it all up but I love the idea of this! 

http://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Stories/SOS-2014-Show-Some-Skin/m-p/960295#M1658 

kimchikween

(0) Hearts

love your handle... :smileywink:  i'm a kimchiramen lover

Welcome to the SOS club!  Looking forward to following along in your journal!

theramenlover

(0) Hearts

thanks for making such a lovely post/thread :smileyhappy: 

omg I'm giving up ramen for the sake of healthier diet....IT'S BEEN DIFFICULT, THAT'S ALL I'LL SAY :'( 

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 63 replies
  • 60 hearts
  • 29 in conversation
    • DTalksAll
    • theramenlover
    • marydiva
    • misscg
    • melisa16
    • lilyyy