lecia1167

Tips on traveling with skincare products and perfume

I use a lot of skincare products, and I also love taking perfume with me when I travel. I've come up with a few tips on how to travel with these. First of all, the 3 ounce travel containers you can purchase for travel are way too big, and you don't need that much anyway. Instead, save those little round containers that you get samples of skincare products in (this is what I do) or purchase small containers like the pick I'm showing. You can purchase these on Amazon. I've taken small containers like these on trips that were a week long and still had product leftover. As for perfume, I have atomizers, which I use, but I also love getting perfume samples and saving those to take on trips. It's kind of fun to take a new perfume when you travel. Everything fits very nicely in the quart-size bag you can take as a carry-on with you. Hope this helps someone!

514QdDO-CTL._SL1500_.jpg

mrscoco

Re: Tips on traveling with skincare products and perfume

(0) Hearts

Nordies is great about giving you their empty sample jars if you ask for a few. They usually already to have a sticker to write on as well on the bottom and a nice screw top.

I also save and use samples when possible. I also hit up sephora and see if they have any foils of what I use and I save up what I can when on sample or otherwise. I love not having a ton of liquids coming home with me through security!

TrysBeautyItems

[ Edited ]

Get samples from the department store makeup/skincare counters and ask for another empty jar. When the containers are empty, from your usage, wash out and reuse.

Travel size eye remove pads come in a round containter also good to reuse, the pads can also be stored in a snack baggie.

evno

(0) Hearts

I totally do this, too! I'm thinking of only asking for the empty containers all the time, since the little things are perfect. Not too flat/round and really water-tight.

lylysa

(0) Hearts

Another tip for toners is to saturate cotton balls/pads with product and encase them in a small container that leaves as much air out as possible. This way you can span out how many "applications" you need and save space.

BeautyJunkie325

I do this.  I bought a travel size of facial circles.  They came in a cut plastic snap container.  I reuse it & put my pre-moistened pads in there.

lecia1167

I do that, too! That is such a great way to take your toner with you.

rikkie

Such a smart idea! Just... squeeze that cotton out a bit before you use it so it isn't TOO saturated.  I had too much toner on a pad the other day and it dripped into my eye. Acids to clarify/exfoliate are one thing on your skin, but I had to hang out in the dark all day yesterday because I couldn't handle any light! 

person11

Contact lens cases are awesome travel containers for skincare products!  You can fit quite a bit of goop in them.  Make sure you use the screw top kind to avoid leakage. They take up very little space in your liquid bag!

evno

(0) Hearts

Hahaha, I remember doing this once. I blindly grabbed the case, opened it, and almost stuck a finger full of moisturizer into my eye. Not a morning person, by the way. Remember to clearly label, people! :smileytongue:

TrysBeautyItems

(0) Hearts

Shouldn't use a contact case if you wear contacts, could mix them up :smileywink:

lecia1167

Love this! I have a brand-new contact lens case that I won't be using. It's now gonna be added to my stash of travel containers!

lylysa

Ooo, it's great to use for eye creams or serums too! Even though most eye creams come in tiny bottles, serums can be tricky if they're in glass bottles and you don't want to risk having them crack or shatter.

ChicDabbler

Yup yup, when I travel, eye cream goes in the sample jars, and moisturizer goes in the empty full size eye cream jars.

If you buy skincare in sets, like some of the Ole Henriksen set, you even get a travel size glass serum bottle.

I have travel size toner bottles from kits, but you can also put toner in empty makeup remover bottles, as long as you clean it thoroughly.

aviscardi

very good idea. I don't think i was using toner last time i was on vacation, so the next time i go should be interesting lol. I try to save my small mini tubes of ginzing eye cream and sb primer for vaca but im not sure the next time im going. But il definitely save the bobbi sample jar, i even have a finished orgins jar.

lylysa

Contact lens cases are great! You can even scrape a bit of concealer or balm balm/product from a palette if you're wanting to keep something to touch up with you in your purse but don't want to lug around the pot/tube of concealer or a giant palette (especially when it's one that has face, eye, and lip stuff).

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 15 replies
  • 19 hearts
  • 10 in conversation
    • mrscoco
    • aviscardi
    • lylysa
    • ChicDabbler
    • BeautyJunkie325
    • rikkie