Spyski

The Moisturizer Analyzer Thread

This thread was inspired by @Starletta8's "Masks, Masks Everywhere" and @arielaaaaaaaa's "Cleansers!!!!" thread.

This thread is for facial moisturizers, one of the most missed steps in some of our daily skincare routines, yet surprisingly one of the most important! Whether you're battling acne like mosquitoes stung you all over the face, or you're as dry as Death Valley. Moisturizers can conquer all! Give it some time, and a brighter and more happy you has evolved :smileyhappy:

*Moisturizers can include acne treatment and/or anti-aging products as long as it is intended to moisturize, which is the focus on this particular post*

If you submit a moisturizer, please include the following:

• Name of moisturizer
  • Type of moisturizer (gel, cream, oil, lotion, etc.)
  • What type of skin you have
  • Your experience with it (please include detail)
  • Do you recommend it? To whom?
  • And is there anything else a BTer should know?

wendyomgwar

Re: The Moisturizer Analyzer Thread

Name of moisturizer: Gorgeous facial moisturizer by Lush
Type of moisturizer (gel, cream, oil, lotion, etc.): Lotion
What type of skin you have: Combo, oily T-zone dry cheeks
Your experience with it (please include detail): This is a good moisturizer for all over, when my skin isn't overly dry, overly oily, etc I use this all over, I genuinely enjoy this.
Do you recommend it? To whom?: All skin types! My friends with oily skin love this too.
And is there anything else a BTer should know? Available at Lush and I think its a vegetarian product. Over time its suppose to help with pores as well but I haven't noticed any differences. There is a slight scent but nothing that is too powerful.

wendyomgwar

Name of moisturizer: Juice Beauty Green Apple Spf 15 Moisturizer 
Type of moisturizer (gel, cream, oil, lotion, etc.): Lotion/ceam
Your experience with it (please include detail): It feels sticky on my face but I do like the scent, it was moisturizing but it made my skin feel weid.
Do you recommend it? To whom?: No, it felt weird on the face like is wasn't sinking in 
And is there anything else a BTer should know? Antioxidants and age-defying peptides, slight green apple scent

wendyomgwar

Name of moisturizer: Boscia Oil-free Nightly Hydration
Your experience with it (please include detail): I haven't noticed a huge difference between this and the Bosica daily hyrdation, this is a bit in between a lotion and gel in terms of consistency and once again I use at night on my t-zone
Do you recommend it? To whom?: Once again yea and to oily skinned people
And is there anything else a BTer should know? Claims to refine the look of pores... my pores look exactly the same. Also the scent isn't as noticeable as with the regular Boscia Oil-free Daily Hydration

wendyomgwar

Name of moisturizer: Boscia Oil-free Daily Hydration Spf 15
Type of moisturizer (gel, cream, oil, lotion, etc.): lotion
Your experience with it (please include detail): This is lighter on the side of moisture and it feels just as light on the skin. I use this on my t-zone where I am oily. 
Do you recommend it? To whom?: Yes. People with oily skin.
And is there anything else a BTer should know? This has a scent to is but I can't really identify it, I don't like it but I like the lotion more then I dislike the scent, I will probably repurchase in the future.

wendyomgwar

Name of moisturizer: Wild rose 24 hour moisturising & brightening cream

Type of moisturizer (gel, cream, oil, lotion, etc.): cream

Your experience with it (please include detail): A heavy moisturizer haven't seen much in terms of brightening. 
Do you recommend it? To whom?: People with dry skin.
And is there anything else a BTer should know?: Slight floral scent

Spyski

[ Edited ]

I tried a foil sample of this last night because I'm recovering from an experimental accidental benzoyl peroxide treatment :smileyvery-happy:

I liked it, but not a fan of the rose scent. Noticed it was less overpowering then the wild rose sleeping facial. 

wendyomgwar

I'm not so crazy about this one but its okay and I'll definitely finish my jar I'd rather be slathering on Hope in a Jar :smileyhappy:

wendyomgwar

WOOHOO my favorite part of my skincare routine! I'm going to have a ton of reviewing to do on here let's stat out with my favorite

Name of moisturizer: Philosophy's Hope in a Jar
Your experience with it (please include detail): This is very moisturizing and I usually reserve it for the winter months on just my cheeks, no fragrance that I can detect. 
Do you recommend it? To whom?: People with dry sensitive skin.
And is there anything else a BTer should know?: This is usually in a lot of sets so try getting a deluxe sample fist.

arielaaaaaaaa

Name: Origins Make a difference Plus Rejuvenating Treatment

Type: Cream

Skin Type: Very dry, acne prone

Exp: If your a fellow Dry skinned Gal, Check this out! It's a great day moisturizer! Smells good, absorbs nicely, Keeps my face hydrated during the day! It's not the most intense hydrating moisturizer ever, but it will do that job if your using other products as well to help combat dry skin!

arielaaaaaaaa

Name: Josie Maran Argan Daily Moisturizer Spf 40

Type: This is like a liquid-y lotion. 

Skin Type: Very Dry, Acne Prone

Experience: Love this. Feels very light and is moisturizing enough for me! Takes several minutes to fully absorb. I alternate this with my other day moisturizers. This also smells really good in my opinion!

bellag2107

LOVE this stuff! I totally agree with you about the smell! :smileyhappy:

arielaaaaaaaa

Name: OH Truth Creme Vitamin C Advanced Hydration

Type: Cream

Experience: This isn't my favorite moisturizer for brightening/hydrating. But i do alternate it in with my Korres Wild Rose sleeping facial. I didn't notice as much of a difference like i see with the Korres. It's not as hydrating as I would like either. 

Extra Info: I seriously hate the smell. I'm all for citrus scents, the Truth Serum smells sooo good, but something about the Creme, i just can't stand. 

jellybean917

Name of moisturizer-- L'Occitane Ultra Rich Face Cream
Type of moisturizer (gel, cream, oil, lotion, etc.)-- thick cream
What type of skin you have-- sensitive + redness, combination (on the dry side)
My experience with it-- This is a heavy-duty cream. It's incredibly intensive. I use this in the winter when my skin is very dry. It makes my skin soft and feel hydrated. It tends to look greasy though, so I only use it at night.
Recommendation-- For sensitive/dry types.
Notes-- I also use this on my elbows or knees when they get dry.

jellybean917

Name of moisturizer-- Kate Somerville Goat Milk Cream
Type of moisturizer (gel, cream, oil, lotion, etc.)-- cream (but sort of lotiony)
What type of skin you have-- sensitive + redness, combination (on the dry side)
My experience with it-- I'm in love. My skin was a mess until I switched to this. It goes on seeming heavy, but it absorbs quickly. My skin feels soft, calm, and moisturized. No greasiness, no irritation, no breakouts.
Recommendation-- I would definitely recommend this to someone with sensitive or dry skin.
Notes-- It looks like a jar, but actually has a pump so it's more sanitary.

carolang

Name: Ole Henriksen Sheer Transformation

Type: lightweight lotion

Skin Type: combo-very oily t-zone, acne prone, some dryness/redness on occasion associated with retinols/acne treatment

Experience: I first tried this with the OH 500 pt perk. I really like it. It's more moisturizing than my Clinique DD gel so I am switching over to this now that that is running out. I really enjoy this moisturizer and the OH line in general. Not sure its really worth the price tag, though (thanks, mom:smileyhappy: ). It's supposed to fade dark spots... I use this, the truth serum, and the Murad rapid lightening serum (saw instant results with that!) and together they've all really helped to fade old acne scars.

Recommend: Yes. It's lightweight but I'd say it'd be a good moisturizer for everyone except for extremely dry. However my skin can get very dried out from medicine so I generally layer some Origins Drink Up Intensive overnight mask over those spots (although really interested in getting FAB's ultra repair cream... someone review it!). Works great under make-up and at night.

carolang

Name: Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing gel

Type: gel

Skin Type: combo-very oily t-zone, acne prone, some dryness/redness on occasion associated with retinols/acne treatment

Experience: I love/hate this. I have extremely oily skin and its fine for that. It's not amazing for the normal parts of my skin especially after using retinol or acne medicine a few days in a row. There are multiple occasions where I have to do a second layer over those parts. Also wasn't enough for me during winter. I'm just finishing a bottle and switching over to something else to find something ideal for my entire face.

Recommend: Yes for oily skin girls or those of you looking for something lightweight for summer. It is lightweight so great under make-up. I also like that its a nice simple moisturizer, I feel good using it with my serums etc at night in the warmer months.

starryeyes331

I use this as a daily moisturizer, but also find it not to be quite moisturizing enough. I started adding a drop of my Josie Maran Argan Oil to it, and that's been amazing.

arielaaaaaaaa

Name: Peter Thomas Roth Max Sheer All day Moisture Defense Lotion with SPF 30 (Name says Type)

Experience: I use this on days when i will be going in and out of the sun. Not too drying or too moisturizing in my opinion. It contains Antioxidants which is a plus! 

Recommend: Yes. If your skin is slightly dry to normal it would work well if your looking for  moisturizer with SPF. I don't know how this would work with oily skin. 

Spyski

Name of moisturizer: Boscia Revitalizing Black Hydration Gel
Type of moisturizer: Gel
What type of skin you have: Acne-prone / normal with oily t-zone
Your experience with it: I'm just going to go ahead and say this, I did not like it for my daily moisturizer. It comes out gray because of the charcoal in it and has bits of shimmer (which you can't see after application). This moisturizer has a cooling effect which reminded me of an icy/hot patch. Very cold at first, then burned like Hell after a couple minutes. It felt a little "slimy" and took awhile to sink in. After it sank in, my skin felt tighter. I didn't find this to help with minimizing the look of my pores which it says in the description. After a couple of weeks using this I've come to find out that my skin just doesn't get along with glycolic acid. I've used other products with that ingredient which seems to irritate my skin, so that may be why it was burning on me which is weird because I don't have sensitive skin. 
Do you recommend it? I would recommend this product for someone looking for a lightweight moisturizer with oily/acne prone skin that wants a cooling effect. After an acne treatment such as salicylic acid or sulfur which both can be very drying, this moisturizer can "cool down" any redness or inflammation from drying products used before hand. Just make sure you aren't sensitive to any of its listed ingredients. 
And is there anything else a BTer should know? It has a smell, and it lingers. That can be a game changer for many. Think of licorice mixed with charcoal scent. Bleh!

Kiki1517

(0) Hearts

This is what I'm using now and I really like the cooling effect :smileyhappy: When I'm done with it, I really want to try the Dr Jart Water-fuse Water Sure Gel Moisturizer before I buy another jar of this though.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 38 replies
  • 63 hearts
  • 14 in conversation
    • arielaaaaaaaa
    • wendyomgwar
    • annonymous1
    • starryeyes331
    • ChicDabbler
    • clarks18