Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware

Skincare by Concern

In a series of ingredient-focused skincare posts, I asked you all about your tricks and tips for combatting a selection of skin concerns: Visible pores, dullness, aging and fine lines and wrinkles. 

Pores

When talking about pores, many of us know that exfoliation is key player but I picked up a few tips from you all that I believe to be noteworthy. 

• When it comes to exfoliating treatments, lylysa, jemly, anewxa and kso1226 are all fans of the Dr. Dennis Gross Peel Pads
  • Another BT favorite peel is REN’s Glycol Lactic Radiance Renewal Mask, which angeliquec and jemly are big supporters of.
  • wheeeee and kso1225 both love Drunk Elephant’s T.L.C. Framboos Glycolic Night Serum.
  • angeliquec, kso1225 and acap311 have all claimed to love Drunk Elephant’s T.L.C. Sukari Babyfacial. According to kso1225, she is “in love with Babyfacial because it makes my skin so smooth and my pores so much smaller.” I will add that I got a tester of this and am really enjoying it so far! The combination of Babyfacial followed by Drunk Elephant’s Marula Oil makes my skin very happy!

Dullness

When it comes to dullness, brightening is a must! Here are some of the recommendations for Vitamin C products that will brighten you up (not that you need it).

• kso1225 uses Ole Henriksen's Power Bright as a treatment every other week.
  • spadersgirl uses Neogen Dermalogy’s Bio-Peel Gauze Peeling Pads, which are full of citrus extracts.
  • ChicDabbler and txcatx are both fans of Ole Henriksen’s Truth Serum and titian06 loves the scent, as do I!

Visible Signs of Aging

To combat aging, I learned some great tips from the community. While aging is linked to genetics, as wheeeee pointed out, here are a few steps you can take to help slow the process

• Hydrate, hydrate, hydrate! jemly uses products like Clinique’s Moisture Surge Serum and Clarin’s Blue Orchid Oil to make sure her skin doesn’t get thirsty.
  • titian06 avoids the sun, drinks lots of water and pays attention to her diet. She also moisturizes morning and night.
  • While wheeeee also stays away from the sun, she recommends finding a great sunscreen to protect your skin as well as maintaining your body weight throughout the years.  
  • lylysa believes in a holistic effort. She keeps her health in check by eating a balanced diet, exercising and drinking water. She gets her antioxidants from sipping on tea and recommends taking care of your skin by always cleansing, moisturizing and using SPF! adriadne also insists on cleansing, moisturizing and using sunscreen.
  • As far as product, alicehoopz has enjoyed the benefits of Farmacy, REN, Ole Henriksen and Murad.

Fine Lines and Wrinkles

Finally, we talked about our tips on combatting fine lines and weapons. Here are the recommendations from the community!

• Luna Oil seems to be a popular retinoid! eleonorarosa and wheeeee are both fans of the product. Wheeeee loves the hydrating and calming effects and eleonorarosa applauds Luna’s plumping abilities
  • Asche loves Peter Thomas Roth’s Retinol Fusion PM. After two years of nightly use, she’s in love with the results!
  • Last but not least, ccd89 reminded us that using sunscreen is a must for anyone using a retinoid.

Thank you to all of you who shared your tips and favorite products. If anyone is interested in reading the full stories, please check out the posts below!

See the stories we’re talking about here:

Does anyone have skincare tips we missed? Please share them here!

Re: Skincare by Concern

Shoutout to all of those mentioned in the post! Thanks for your incredible input 😄

@angeliquec  @lylysa @ChicDabbler @kso1225@Titian06 @Asche @spadersgirl @jemly @ccd89 @txcatx 

This is such a helpful summary! Thank you for putting this together @KatieBT!

@KatieBT what a great summation ! 

i think the only thing i'd add is for people with oily / breakout prone skin shouldn't be afraid of oils. sure, not all oils are work with all skin types. but just about anyone can find oils that work for them. with regular use they help not only with keeping the skin nourished (and keeping signs of aging at bay), but can help with acne and scarring as well......

@jemly such a great point, we talk about this all the time! Those with oily skin shouldn't be afraid of moisturizer either 🙂 

HI @KatieBT sorry I missed the original thread.  Thanks to all the ladies sharing their tips.  One tip that I would add is for travel.  I always pack several sheet masks in my bag while traveling because my skin is on the dry side and it has a tendency to get dehydrated.  Sheet masks are easy to travel with and they feel great after a long day.  I always bring enough for me and my husband.  Men enjoy them too!

Conversation Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 21 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
testing