glittermania13

Skincare Regime

I am needing help with getting a skin care routine. I have a oily T-Zone. Rest of my face is normal. All I am looking for is a

1) Cleanser

2) Toner

3)Moisturizer

Any help is appreciated! 

<3 glittermania13

HMNewbie

Re: Skincare Regime

(0) Hearts

Hey, glittermania13.  I won't ask how old you are, but age does affect skincare.  I love Laura Mercier Flawless Oil Cleanser.  Basically, it doesn't look like oil cleansers would work on oily skin, but my T-zone is so much better after using it.  Someone explained to me that foaming cleansers stripped oil, so our faces compensate by making more.  Makes sense. 

I'm still in search of a great toner but my next try will be Korres Pomegranate.  I am currently using the Pomegranate Cream-Gel moisturizer and I love it.  It's very light but gets the job done.  With an oily nose, putting extra moisture on it (i.e. thick moisturizers) just made my make-up slide off that much quicker during the day.  Took me forever to find a light moisturizer that did the trick, but this is it.

I will say, no matter what your age, please use a sunscreen.  I haven't been able to find a moisturizer with sunscreen that is light so I put an extra step in my routine - I use Shiseido Urban Environment SPF 42. Very light.  Doesn't interfere with make-up application.

I also agree with a periodic exfoliator - though there are many schools of thought about those.  Some say acids only because anything with particles in it basically leaves microabrasions all over your face which will grow bacteria.  Acids can be harsh so you want to start out with something really light.  Some like masks; some like peels.  I like Murad Pomegranate Exfoliating Mask.  (Apparently, I'm stuck on pomegranate!)  No particles to scratch.  Feels very cool on my face, even after I wash it off.  Kind of like peppermint for your face!

Hope this helps.  Grace & Peace,

Wendy

Titian06

(0) Hearts

Hi, glittermania!  I suggest you add an exfoliator (scrub) to your three steps.  You don't have to use it every day; twice a week would be good.  It will help with cell turn over.  Since several others mentioned Clinique, Clinique makes an exfoliator called 7 Day Scrub.  I used it for a few years about 15 years ago; I really liked it.  I used it every day, but it got to be too expensive for me.  I now use Neutrogena Deep Clean Scrub.

DesertRose0706

I use the Clnique 3 step skin care system which consists of a cleanser, toner and moisturizer.  i have oily skin that is easily dried out by certain products and I find that the Clinique cleanser in mild, clarifying lotion 2 (toner) and dramatically different moisturizing lotion work really well to balance out my skin as far as oilyness and dryness.  I don;t know what sort of skin concerns you might have so I should point out that i still have to use other products to address acne and wrinkles/aging.

In case it is helpful, I use the entire 3 step system in the morning and the cleaner and toner at night.  i also use a benzoyl peroxide cream every night to prevent breakouts, use ole henricksons truth serum in the morning and at night to prevent and treat skin aging concerns and i use korres greek yogurt facial everynight to make my skin supersoft.

I also use origins ginzeng eye cream in the morning to reduce puffiness and dark circles and origins plantsription eyecream at night to treat and prevent eye wrinkles.

glittermania13

(0) Hearts

Thank you so much!!! I appreciate it!! 

<3 glittermania13

ChicDabbler

I have the same skin.

1. Cleanser - Origins checks and balances, or Clarisn Gentle foam

2. Toner - Clinique toner 2. Yes it's got alcohol, but also other ingredients that helps control the oily areas and feels very refreshing in the summer.

3. Moisturizer - Clinique moisture surge extended thirst relief or Philosophy Take a Deep Breath are great. Basically any gel cream moisturizer. Boscia oil-free nightly hydration is also good, I have a tube but haven't tried it yet.

ps. You also want a good sunscreen or moisturizer with SPF during the day if you aren't using one already.

glittermania13

(0) Hearts

Thank you so much!!! I appreciate it!!
<3 glittermania13

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 4 hearts
  • 5 in conversation
    • ChicDabbler