Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Skincare 101: Discussions, Questions and All

This is a place to discuss everything skincare.

- Have a question about a product (Or type of product)

- Need recommendations

- Learned a new tip or trick you want to share with fellow skincare junkies

- New to skincare and lost about where to start

- Have a skincare emergency ( Bad reaction, broken dropper, lost lid of a jar)

IMG_5795.JPG

Images From top left to clockwise (Essencz, Garnier, Men's Fitness, Harper Bazaar)

We have some great thread about skincare but I feel we don't have a general place to discuss skincare which is open for everything from lowend products to luxury skincare. 

Other skincare threads you may like to explore

http://community.sephora.com/t5/Ask-The-Experts/All-about-Luxury-skincare-Come-in-and-chat-about-you...

http://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Stories/Daily-Skincare-what-are-you-using/m-p/2716765#M8681

Re: RE: Skincare 101: Discussions, Questions and All

Thank you so much!@fieldsofclover . I really appreciate your help!

Skincare 101: Discussions, Questions and All

Hi, I am writing because I am new to skincare and have a question. I have very dry skin and have been rigorously treating my skin recently with all kinds of things. It's improved in smoothness a bit. As you can see in this scary photo, I have gigantic pores. The smoothness has increased across the pores, but it has not smoothed out raised bumpyareas on my cheeks. I'm just wondering what the bumpy/rough areas are so that I can try to get rid of them. In the photo, the bumps are hard to see, but they are in the redder part of my cheek. There is a particularly bad area in a vertical line down from the dark spot under my eye. I don't think it's acne. Could it be an allergic reaction?Scars? Too many treatments leading to sensitivity? Rosacea? Someone told me recently that I probably have rosacea. Milia? I don't think it's that. TIA for any help! ETA: I just wanted to mention that I put on kiehl's midnight recovery concentrate the last 2 nights and there are no bumps when I wake up. Odd, but I think that points to sensitivity due to over-treatment.

Anonymous Insider

RE: Skincare 101: Discussions, Questions and All

Hey I used to get this all the time try cutting dairy out of your diet it really helps to reduce the symptoms!

I figured out that it was too much exfoliation and my ski...

I figured out that it was too much exfoliation and my skin was irritated. I stopped all the treatments and have been just doing cleanser and moisturizer and sometimes oil and it seems to be getting better.

Shea moisture makes a good cleanser for irritated skin.

thank you!

thank you!

What is your daily skin care regimen? I definitely don’t think it’s rosacea.

Hi! Here it is: In the morning: wash with either Milk mat...

Hi! Here it is: In the morning: wash with either Milk matcha cleanser ora Renee Rouleau cleanser. Then Pixi glow tonic (used Thayers witch hazel before for a few weeks, but discontinued after reading an article only to find out glow tonic also has witch hazel). I haven't decided what treatment to do going forward, but I have a Paula's Choice bha, avitamin c serum, lactic acid, azelaic acid, and a couple other things. Ihave been using them on and off. then sunscreen, primer, and moisturizer(sometimes tinted) or a moisturizer with sunscreen. PM: wash, toner, The Ordinary granactive retinoid, moisturizer, oil some days. Ok, I read that witch hazel thing in Beautypedia and I then read some more that witch hazel is ok. I won't worry about it. I think Beautypedia can be a bit much.

Re: Skincare 101: Discussions, Questions and All

I'm looking for a moisturizing eye cream or serum to get rid of my dark circles. I don't necessarily have puffiness, its more opposite like they are sunken in.

I prefer the eye serum/cream to not have shimmer like the banana cream. please help!! Thanks.

RE: Re: Skincare 101: Discussions, Questions and All

You should try the the Dr Brandt No More Baggage eye cream! It’s amazing and has an orange tint.

I’ve been seeing positive results with Biossance. They are clean, don’t add fragrance and are cruelty free as well. I will say that I have puffy undereyes so I don’t know if that will make a difference. But it’s helped me with my dark circles and smoothing my eye area.

@Jessyuan I would suggest trying Farmacy Eye Cream. It doesn’t have shine and it is moisturizing without being greasy. It has helped me a lot with my dark circles.

https://www.sephora.com/product/eye-dew-total-eye-cream-with-echinacea-greenenvy-P400250?country_swi...

Thanks I’ll try that out!

I'm looking for new moisturizers & cleansers to change up my routine. I have super dry skin around my nose and under my eyes but my forehead is very oily and so is my chin. I also have large pores around my nose. I was thinking of investing in the Clarisonic & new moisturizers. Any recommendations are appreciated, Thanks!

I have really dry skin and found these two products very good for my aging sensitive skin. I use the Dr Roebucks in the morning and the L’Occitanein the evening. I put these products on with a slightly damp face whichI use Evian facial mist to spray on my face and then the moisturizer and they absorb very quickly. Dr Roebucks recently revamped their Face product and I have a sample that I’m going to try when I run out of the regular Face - I hope the product is as good or better! Sephora can probably give you some samples to try out, both of my products last at least six months!

I love the 10 step Korean skincare plan. I’m really loving the Laneige brand. The water bank moisturizer and sleeping mask have been wonderful. I’ve heard Tatcha and La Mer make the best moisturizers if you want spend $$$.

@JuanitaMC I think you may use a non foaming cleanser like Boscia thermal black cleanser as it will clean your skin thoroughly with stripping it of its natural moisture. It is available in trial size so you can try it out without investing into full size product. For moisturizer, try a light weight oil free hydrating moisturizer. A few good one to consider are Murad Hydro-dynamic ultimate moisture, Tatcha water cream, Clinique moisture surge  72 hrs moisturizer. I would suggest getting samples of all these if you can and see how they feel on your skin before deciding which one to get. 

For enlarged pore Paula’s Choice 2% BHA liquid is a good starting product. 

I too have combination skin. My favorite cleanser right now is the Tarte Rainforest of the Sea Deep Dive Cleansing gel. I do have a Clarisonic and have used it for years! There are days when I definitely feel I need it, it seriously is a wonderful exfoliator, but I don’t use it daily. Just when I feel rough skin and see pores. I find it too harsh for daily use. I love Son & Park Beauty Water and Tarte Knockout Tingling Treatment to really scrub out my pores with cotton. It works! Finally the Watermelon sleep mask for hydration has been my holy grail!

I like to use belief aqua bomb moisturizer and the laneige ones. I feel like the aqua bomb really moisturize your face, but not at a point where it’s really oily. The belief ones is like an aqua moisturizer, which means that they don’t really have a thick consistency. The laneige ones is also moisturizing and it smells amazing. The laneige ones have two different types of moisturizer, the aqua one and the more creamy texture. I intended to buy the aqua ones, but I pick the wrong one and bought the creamy texture. It’s still light and dewy and probably more moisturizing.

I have combo skin and I really love water creams, the day cream I use is from the bodyshop but I love the Laneige water sleeping pack as a night cream.

@JuanitaMC Try the korres pomegranate balancing moisturizer. It is gentle, moisturizing enough to help with dryness but not overbearing for the oilier parts of your face. As for cleanser try something gentle and non stripping like the belif creamy cleansing foam moist. Be sure not to use your clairsonic every day, as you're only supposed to exfoliate 1-4 times a week. 

https://www.sephora.com/product/pomegranate-balancing-cream-gel-moisturiser-P305109Pomegranate Balancing Cream-Gel Moisturiser - KORRES | Sephora

https://www.sephora.com/product/creamy-cleansing-foam-moist-P394627

Creamy Cleansing Foam Moist - belif | Sephora

731 Replies
testing