Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Skincare 101: Discussions, Questions and All

This is a place to discuss everything skincare.

- Have a question about a product (Or type of product)

- Need recommendations

- Learned a new tip or trick you want to share with fellow skincare junkies

- New to skincare and lost about where to start

- Have a skincare emergency ( Bad reaction, broken dropper, lost lid of a jar)

IMG_5795.JPG

Images From top left to clockwise (Essencz, Garnier, Men's Fitness, Harper Bazaar)

We have some great thread about skincare but I feel we don't have a general place to discuss skincare which is open for everything from lowend products to luxury skincare. 

Other skincare threads you may like to explore

http://community.sephora.com/t5/Ask-The-Experts/All-about-Luxury-skincare-Come-in-and-chat-about-you...

http://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Stories/Daily-Skincare-what-are-you-using/m-p/2716765#M8681

Re: Skincare 101: Discussions, Questions and All

Can we bump this thread up? I feel like there a million and one questions on the main page about acne and cleansers, which is better than samples, but this thread was so helpful for me and gives so many great answers.

Now my question: I get patches of hyperpigmentation below the corners of my lips between my mouth and chin. Hormonally based since they only really appear during that week, none of the regular things I've done for the rest of my general tone and dark spots ever helps. It does eventually fade but then reappears monthly so for a week, I feel extra self conscious if I'm too lazy to conceal (which is most the time...). I'm surprised it's stayed so consistent even while the rest of my skin has improved dramatically. Thoughts?

RE: Re: Skincare 101: Discussions, Questions and All

Since it comes and goes is probably has little to do with your skin or skincare and more to do with your hormones. I'd consult a doc about it.

Does anyone have any recommendations to wash sunscreen off my body? I'm really pale and since I'm spending time outside, I'm putting on heavy-duty/water-resistant SPF 50 sunscreen. But I'm finding that when I use soap; it doesn't get rid of all of the sunscreen. What should I be doing to get rid of the sunscreen? Thanks guys! 🙂

@KellW Do you have a Clarisonic? It can be used on the body as well.

Following the same logic as removing makeup, perhaps a shower oil @KellW? I only know of L'Occitane's almond shower oil (which is $$$) but I'm sure there are others out there for cheaper!

Or how about just some straight up oil (like coconut) rubbed onto your dry body, rinse off, and then follow up with your regular body wash?

@fatimamummy   your thread is up! 🙂

Anonymous Insider

I'm 14 and i have oily combo acne prone skin. I have try almost everything in the drugstore to help my acne. Currently I'm trying oit the Dermalogica Clear Start line and I can see that it's cleared my new breakouts but not the old ones that are on my forehead. I need something to cleared my forehead acne pls help.

Thank you for tag @veronika23 Looks like the threads are gradually popping back on the forum but man is the " reply to the comments" system confusing? It's so hard to know a comment is directed towards you unless you are tagged or quoted or by chance stumble on the comment. Lol

@fatimamummy  NP :). Thought you would want to know. Yeah they are... I have a list I'm checking 😄

Yes I must admit I HATE the reply system. It's beyond confusing and after 2-3 replies you can't continue the conversation. I sure hope this is a glitch in the system.

Hi everyone, I am looking for some tips for the best way to store my facial oils. Right now they are on my vanity, exposed to some natural daylight, but not near the window or in direct sunlight. My vanity is in my spare bedroom.

@angel7594

I literally store them in black boxes.  I have a few.

That is a great idea, thank you @greenchilli! The decor in my spare room is black and white, so the boxes would look nice displayed on the vanity or shelving.

@angel7594 what types of bottles are your oils in?

If they're in Miron (violet/black) glass, I wouldn't worry too much about light but if they are clear/see through, you might want to put them into a small cabinet to keep them away from light.

@Mochapj, a few are in the Miron glass, and some others are in clear glass. I will move those ones into a cabinet. Thank you for your response. 🙂

Has anyone tried the Hanacure masks yet?  Very curious about these.

Screen Shot 2017-06-06 at 7.05.04 PM.png

@veronika23omg this stuff kept popping up on my facebook feed as a sponsored advert and it wouldn't go away!! i had to block it!!!!

@shimmerbait.  omg really? lol.  Not even sure how I landed on them... but curious 😄

I'm 17 and I see a lot of my friends has already started using eye creams. Are they actually important or can you just skip them and use hydrating serum and normal moisturizer? Also, when should you start using it? I like pampering my self but my mum told me not to go overboard with the serums in fear that they wouldn't work when I actually need them in my 30s or 40s, is it true or just a myth?

You can get away without a serum unless you have a specific concern your treating. At your age a good moisture, cleanser, eye cream (like the Clinique pep start-which is made for your age group as a preventative hydrating eye cream)and an SPF will keep your skin looking beautiful.

I personally think it is a myth that serums "won't work" if you start using them early. I think if your skin is in good condition the results of the serum might be less noticeable than for someone who hasn't taken care of their skin. That being said, 17 seems a bit young for heavy-duty anti-aging and agree with @Mochapj.

@natashamaureen At 17, a good cleanser, moisturizer and SPF should be all you need.

you certainly don't need any serums for anti aging yet  

testing