Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Skincare 101: Discussions, Questions and All

This is a place to discuss everything skincare.

- Have a question about a product (Or type of product)

- Need recommendations

- Learned a new tip or trick you want to share with fellow skincare junkies

- New to skincare and lost about where to start

- Have a skincare emergency ( Bad reaction, broken dropper, lost lid of a jar)

IMG_5795.JPG

Images From top left to clockwise (Essencz, Garnier, Men's Fitness, Harper Bazaar)

We have some great thread about skincare but I feel we don't have a general place to discuss skincare which is open for everything from lowend products to luxury skincare. 

Other skincare threads you may like to explore

http://community.sephora.com/t5/Ask-The-Experts/All-about-Luxury-skincare-Come-in-and-chat-about-you...

http://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Stories/Daily-Skincare-what-are-you-using/m-p/2716765#M8681

Re: Skincare 101: Discussions, Questions and All

No worries! I had almost forgotten about the jar one (which is odd because I too loved that formula). I adore the new one (silver tube) that launched. It's so refreshing and doesn't leave any sort of film or residue on my skin once it absorbs down!

Hi All 🙂 I just recently discovered the Canadian brand ORDINARY thru Wayne Goss You tube channel then I kept on researching and watching reviews of these amazing , cheap skincare . I have placed a huge order to try them out including foundation and primer as they are well praised by Wayne Goss. I wanted to see if it can replace my Sunday Riley ( Luna+ Good Genes + CEO) regimen. 

Does anybody heard or ever tried out their skincare products?

@mztm There's a whole thread dedicated to Deciem, with most of the discussion focusing on The Ordinary. You might find it particularly helpful since you're interested in some of the products!

http://community.sephora.com/t5/Products/DECIEM-THREAD/m-p/2729996#M36359

Thank you @lachaton

I tried Paula's choice 2% BHA liquid Exfoliant and it helps a lot. Minimizing pores, reducing pimples, balancing my skin and redness. I use it twice daily and my skin feels better overnight. It's on sale now for $19 reg $29. If you're new to Paula's choice website, I can prefer you for extra $10 off first order. You can get 3 samples plus unlimited free shipping and no tax at checkout. Final price is $9 with prefer goo(dot)gl/9lh41o

This might have already been answered but I'm looking for solutions for moving skincare into some different containers. 

1. I keep forgetting to put on eye cream because I hate having to clean an applicator to dig it out of a jar and then apply it, which means I tend to forget about it. Ideally I'd like a touche éclat type thing where I could just click some product and swipe it on? Does something like this exist or is there a product that has packaging that I could use in this way? 

2. Same rough idea, I have cream that comes in a jar, and I'd like to have a way to get it out without having to dig into the jar. Also I apparently lack all self control when it comes to jars and tend to grab too much product. 

Any suggestions? 

@themusefactory I'm not sure if you're looking for an empty vessel to transfer an existing favourite eye cream to (I don't think I've ever seen such a thing) or a product that already exists in said packaging.

skyn Iceland makes an eye cream in a pen format and I believe Clinique does, too. I think at one point benefit also made one with a little metal iron looking thing on the tip that was meant to be a cooling applicator (though I am not one to recommend benefit skincare, lol)

http://m.sephora.com/product/P404417?icid2=skugrid

http://m.sephora.com/product/P403817?icid2=skugrid&skuId=1774819

@Mochapj Sorry I wasn't more clear! I was looking for something empty or something that I could empty and work as like a refillable situation with a product I'm currently using! I've seen a million different options for things that are already in the packaging I'm looking for, but I guess I'm more curious if any of these have the option to be refilled? 

I saw the benefit one! Not a huge fan of the brand but as someone who sews, I can't deny the iron is super cute, hahaha! 🙂 

Thanks so much for responding! I'll check out the products you linked next time I'm at Sephora and others to see if they are all "one and done" or I could use it to load up the products I want 🙂 

@themusefactory I don't know about a click-pen type product, but I'm currently using a strivectin eye cream in a needle-nose tube. Surely there are others like that?

I have repurposed a metal cuticle pusher for scooping things out of tubs. Quick and easy to clean, and it helps keep me from getting too much. The scoop on mine is almost flat...I dip it in and then put the product right on my face. A quick rinse and wipe, and it's ready for the next use. 🙂

Hey @RGbrown ! I did find some options but I'm looking for something I can reuse because most of my eye cream faves and just regular cream favs tend to come in tubs, grrr. 

I have a small spatula but I'm still a savage, lol. And I also don't want to mess with one anymore! I was looking online and I guess the big trend is a metal phallic looking thing and it's just another thing to clean and in my case probably lose, panic, find and repeat. 

@themusefactory ah, gotcha. Check out Amazon...I see refillable tubes and eye rollers right off the bat. Hopefully you can find something useful 🙂

My skin is in need of a new moisturizer and exfoliator. My skin is dry/normal and I love my moisturizers to be heavy duty, intense hydration. I find chemical peels to be too intense for my skin, and I'm not sure what else to try. Any suggestions would be much appreciated. Thank you!

@KellW - are you looking for a physical or a chemical exfoliator? I have similar skin as yours and I really like the Amorepacific treatment enzyme peel. It has papaya enzymes in it. Also I would suggest going over to Beautylishdotcom and checking out The Ordinary line. I really like their hyaluronic acid 2%

http://www.sephora.com/treatment-enzyme-peel-P232931?skuId=1161694&icid2=products%20grid:p232931

As far as moisturizers I really like Fresh's line of gel moisturizers. They recently put out a new one that I've been wanting to try. There is also the new Peter Thomas Roth cloud cream.

http://www.sephora.com/water-drench-hyaluronic-cloud-cream-P415701?skuId=1898550&icid2=products%20gr...

http://www.sephora.com/rose-deep-hydration-face-cream-P406686?skuId=1788397&icid2=products%20grid:p4...

Hi! 

I'm in desperate need of some advice. I've never suffered from sensitive skin and never struggled with trying new products. However, it seems that after using the Foreo Luna mini 2, whenever I try a new cleanser, my face freaks out and breaks out in a rash. My usual cleanser is the Korres Greek Yoghurt Cream Cleanser but so far I've gotten a rash with the Purity 3 in 1, and Clinique Sonic Cleanser (I think it's called). I never really minded too much with those two samples, but I just purchased the Youth to the People Age Prevention Superfood Cleanser and it's happened again. 😞 It's quite disappointing to me just because I really had high hopes for this cleanser considering how natural its ingredients are. 

Has anyone else experienced increased sensitivity after using the Foreo Luna collection?

@claudez I use my Foreo mini (first one) almost every day, once a day. I haven't noticed any irritation from using it, and it's been two years. I use very simple gentle cleansers (FAB, Cetaphil, Neutrogena Ultra Gentle). That being said, I avoid using it over irritated areas (spots I've picked at, sunburn) or when I've used a chemical exfoliant recently. You could try using it every other day and using the lowest (most gentle) speed and see if that solves the issue.

Hi @claudez I haven't used Foreo Luna so I'm not sure how much physical exfoliation it provides so may be discontinue it's use for now until your skin gets back to normal and then reintroduce once or twice a week only. As for Cleanser, I also bought the YTTP Cleanser after reading the reviews but Skin didn't like it. I doesn't necessarily means that it isn't a good Cleanser. It just isn't for us, so try some gentle Cleanser maybe cleansing milk? It is a good idea to get samples of a few if you have a store near you. For I me I think Cleanser is one thing I can tell if my skin likes it or not after a single use. 

Hi! Im interested in trying Drunk Elephant. Do you guys think The Littles set is worth it? 

Right now I only cleanse, exfoliate and moisturize (but with aveeno only). 

OR Im debating on just getting the full sized La la cream and then the mini duo of the peke/juju bars. 

I'm 26. Normal skin mostly. Drier in the winter and oilier in the summer. No acne but I have eczema (on my body not face). 

I'm curious about serums and treatments. Are they something I need to start implementing?

http://www.sephora.com/the-littles-P419444

@ayeshayh Is that the set for $90 US?  The link isn't working for me but if it's the same as the one on the DE website, I personally don't think it's worth it. The sample sizes are pretty small for figuring out if they work for you or not. My vote would be to go with lala retro and the mini cleanser duo to start and then find a Sephora that carries the brand and ask for samples of the Vitamin C and Glycolic Serums. The vitamin C serum is more gentle but it didn't do much for me so my personal recommendation would be for the glycolic serum if your skin can tolerate exfoliation.

I personally haven't tried the cleansers because I don't like bar cleansers even though I know DE's are well-formulated.  I find that I can get away with several other gentle cleansers. However the mini duo set sounds like a good option if you want to try both.

I'm a really big fan of the brand and love that they don't include silicone or fragrance.  They also have excellent customer service responses so feel free to contact them directly if you have any questions.  

Do you like the La la moisturizer? 

@ayeshayh I love Lala Retro!  It keeps my skin so well moisturized and I love that it's in an airless pump. I have B-Hydra too and I like the lightweight texture, but I don't think I really need it.  My skin is dry to normal so B-Hydra isn't enough moisture on it's own and it's nice under Lala Retro but probably not necessary.

Thank you so much! Thats really helpful. And Yeah the set is $100 CAD 😐 

testing