lilmissmodel14

Share your Clarisonic Experience!

[ Edited ]

I'm getting a Clarisonic Mia 2 soon and just wondering for everyone's experiences. Please share the following :smileyhappy: just something so all the info can be in one forum post.

1. Type of clarisonic mia:

2. Brush type:

3. Purging Stage

4. How long you've used it:

5. How often do you use it:

6. With what cleanser do you use it with:

7. Do you like it? 

MoreGun89

Re: Share your Clarisonic Experience!

(0) Hearts

1. Type of clarisonic mia: 2
2. Brush type: Sensitive
3. Purging Stage: a little under 2 weeks
4. How long you've used it: 3 weeks
5. How often do you use it: once a day
6. With what cleanser do you use it with: Currently the refereshing foaming gel that came with it
7. Do you like it? So far so good!  I held off for a very long time, and finally ended up snagging it.  I've notice some acne scarring going away a little more quickly and a slight reduction of uninflamed acne.

Based on scattered reviews, you really do need to find your own routine with it.  What works for some may not work for everyone :smileyhappy:

carolang

1. Mia

2. Sensitive

3. No purging stage

4. approx 6 months

5. 2-4 times per week, AM only

6. Origins Checks and Balances, Murad Clarifying sometimes

7. Yes, it really helped to control the whiteheads I was getting on my chin 1x week (which always would end up with a dark mark, boo). I only use it in the AM when I think about it... I did notice I was starting to get some broken capillaries on the bridge of my nose (not very noticeable though) and I saw some people said that happened to them... so I avoid that delicate/thin skinned area. I have large pores and blackheads... hasn't done anything for that, but I wasn't expecting it to. Thought about getting the deep pore cleansing head... but eh not sure if it would be too harsh. The fact that it helped prevent me from continually getting dark spot marks is all I need!!

calamityjane85

1. Type of clarisonic mia: sephora 15 anniversary hot pink., oh i love the color.
2. Brush type: sensitive
3. Purging Stage: thank the lord NO! :smileywink:
4. How long you've used it: a month or more
5. How often do you use it: every night
6. With what cleanser do you use it with: clarins gentle foaming cleanser
7. Do you like it? LOVE IT

lilmissmodel14

(0) Hearts

Ooh I am just about to get this one! :smileyhappy: so excited !!

ChicagoTwinMom

1. Mia 2

2. Delicate

3. None

4 1.5 months before return

5. Every few days forehead and chin only

6. Origins checks and balances

7 No! It destroyed my skin despite using the lightest touch, delicate brush head, and lowest setting. I ended up with angry red veins splintering all over my nose and cheeks. I now need to spend a ton of money with a dermatologist to have them removed and it did not help with getting rid of blackheads on my chin and I didn't notice any difference on my forehead.

ellevee09

Plus

Sensitive

Didn't notice anything

5 months

MWF

PTR Anti Aging Gel

I love it! :smileywink:

ClarisonicPlusJPG

nakedlunch212

1. Type of clarisonic: Aria

3. Purging Stage: None

4. How long you've used it: Three weeks

5. How often do you use it: 3-4 times a week

6. With what cleanser do you use it with: Shiseido Extra Gentle Cleansing Foam

7. Do you like it? Yes! My skin feels cleaner and softer.

arielaaaaaaaa

[ Edited ]

1. Type of clarisonic mia: Mia 2
2. Brush type: Sensitive 
3. Purging Stage: Didn't have one
4. How long you've used it: A little over a year
5. How often do you use it: 4-5 times a week at night, the days i wear makeup
6. With what cleanser do you use it with: Murad Clarifying Cleanser
7. Do you like it? Yeah, It good for getting that good clean when i have makeup on, but doesn't do anything amazing for me like some people claim. 

shauna22686

1. Type of clarisonic mia: Mia2

2. Brush type: Deep cleansing

3. Purging Stage: Didn't notice one

4. How long you've used it: About 3 weeks now

5. How often do you use it: 2x a day.  Once in the morning and again at night after I remove all my makeup.

6. With what cleanser do you use it with: The brightening cleanser that came with it.  (I also normally incorporate in some other ones too.)

7. Do you like it? I LOVE IT!  It's been nothing but good to me.  After using it for a couple of days I noticed my skin looked brighter and smoother.  I also didn't go through a period where it caused breakouts which surprised me because I do have "fussy" skin. 

superNoah

1. Type of clarisonic mia: Mia2~

2. Brush type: Normal and Body

3. Purging Stage: Didn't notice it at all.

4. How long you've used it: About a week.

5. How often do you use it: Twice a day! Once at night, once in the morning!

6. With what cleanser do you use it with: Fresh's Soy cleanser and the one that came with the Mia2.

7. Do you like it?: Heck yes! Boyfriend and I bought it on a whim and both our faces have cleared up like crazy. My pores are smaller and the acne I occasionally get is almost gone. Not to mention my scars are diminishing. 

Luxeface86

I'm glad to read all of this as I too ordered myself the Mia during the points promotion. I've been deliberating with myself whether I should get it or not because I have such over-reactive, sensitive skin. I decided to take the plunge and figured if it's horrible I can try and return it. I think if my purging stage lasted more than a month, I might think it wasn't working, so it's interesting to see some of you stuck it out longer and reaped the benefits. 

Great topic!

nellag

1. Mia2

2.Sensitive

3. About one week.

4. One year.

5. Twice a week 

6. Chanel Le Blanc 

7. Yes I like it...I love it. I started to develop acne in my chin and I didn't know what to do but once I started use my clarisonic the acne was all gone ...This is amazing tool you won't regret purchasing it.

DTalksAll

I have 2 the plus for home & mia for traveling

1. Clarisonic Plus (with body brush attachment) & Original Mia

2. Deep Pore on Plus, Sensitive on Mia 

3. Little to none. I get random hormonal breakouts, milia & whiteheads. I don't think I had a purging stage, but my skin was already used to exfoliation & retinol. 

4. Wow um Plus since 2010, mia soon after

5. 2x a week if that. We go through a love hate. There will be a period of 3 months where I use it 2-3x a week and then I kind of forget about it for a while & then start up again. I need it more in the winter when I'm really dry

6. Anything without beads, grit, flakes... Sometimes I'll even wash my face first, and then use it with just water. Someone here pointed out that if you're using it on a dirty face you can push that grime into your pores.

7. I LOVE my plus! The body brush attachment is what sold me on it. I love the multi speeds & time and the charging cradle so it dries nicely under my sink (I ALWAYS take the brush head off so it properly dries) The only think I didn't like about the plus was battery life & it didn't have a travel charger, so I got a Mia JUST for traveling. It's OK, but I much prefer the plus. 

bellag2107

1. Type of clarisonic: Mia 2

2. Brush type: Deep cleansing

3. Purging Stage: Similar experience as Michmo. My skin was dry, flaking, and patchy when I started using it so I never really went through a purging stage.

4. How long you've used it: Over a year

5. How often do you use it: Once daily in the AM

6. With what cleanser do you use it with: Origins Mega Mushroom Skin Relief Cleanser (no longer on Sephora's website)

7. Do you like it? Love it! This has made a tremendous difference in my skin. No more flakes, smoother, radiant, and a lot less blackheads.

spedteacher74

1.  Mia 2

2.  Sensitive

3.  Minor.  A few tiny white heads.  I have acne prone skin.  The "little" flare up was actually an improvement to the regular acne I had that went away from using it.

4.  a month

5.  at least once daily, sometimes twice

6.  Any cleanser without beads.  Using the one it came with right now.

7.  LOVE it!  Should have taken the plunge sooner.  Thought about it and hesitated.  My skin looks so much better and my acne has improved.

buzzbee3

1. Mia 2

2. Sensitive

3. Never happened. I try to eat healthy & workout on the regular. I never personally went through the purging stage, but my sister did. Lasted about 3-4 weeks for her.

4. Almost a year

5. 4-5 days a week. Evening only, after I remove my make-up

6. I love using Korres Milk Cleanser with it (lathers up nicely, and not the least bit drying), but this summer with the heat and humidity I've been using Boscia's Black Detox Cleanser

7. I love it! I don't regret the purchase at all. Even when I go through the occasion spell of not using it for a while, I still don't have even the slightest regret.

michmo

1. Type of clarisonic mia: Mia
3. Purging Stage:  Okay, I didn't really notice this stage.  My skin was very dry and had tons of buildup when I first started using it.  
4. How long you've used it:  Almost a year.  
5. How often do you use it: Now I only use it once a week.  I've found it was too much for my sensitive skin if I did it much more.   
6. With what cleanser do you use it with:  First Aid Beauty Cleanser
7. Do you like it?  I like it well enough, but I don't use it nearly as frequently as I thought I would.  

jellybean917

With the bonus points this week, I've seen a lot of people pick up a clarisonic. I haven't really paid attention to it since I have bits of rosacea/sensitive skin. Overall, I think I have great skin, except for some texture on my chin I can't seem to get rid of.

I guess here's my question: Who should use a clarisonic?

lilmissmodel14

In my opinion I think everyone should. It benefits us all if we are using the proper head And especially use it if we wear makeup. 

janinebt

(0) Hearts

1. Type of clarisonic mia: I have the pink clarisonic plus

2. Brush type: the deep pore brush

3. Purging Stage: I use my clarisonic every other day to avoid breakouts

4. How long you've used it: For a little over a year

5. How often do you use it: A few times a week when I remember to

6. With what cleanser do you use it with: Anything cream based. Right now I'm using it with the NARS Purifying Foam Cleanser (I'm obsessed with the NARS skincare line).

7. Do you like it? Yeah it works well especially when I travel...I always feel like my skin goes through some wonky changes so this helps to minimize that chaos. 

Whimsically yours,
Janine
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 26 replies
  • 26 hearts
  • 24 in conversation
    • DTalksAll
    • arielaaaaaaaa
    • janinebt
    • shauna22686