wingatprsct

SOS - 2014 Look out 50.....here I come!

[ Edited ]

Since I turn 50 this year, and so will my skin, I am starting this journal to focus on maintaining the quality of skin that I have and hopefully improving the damage I have inflicted on my skin for the last 50 years.  I want to age gracefully but not without a fight! If I look as well as my mother at 86 without any skincare regimen (only soap!), then I have a good chance of looking years younger than my actual age.

Here are my skin specifics:

Oily - less oily in winter and overall a little drier now that I'm

post-menopausal

Pigmented - freckles and age spots (one on face and more on hands)

Sensitive - prone to breakouts but no rashes or stinging

Aging - only a few lines around the eyes and drooping eyelids which are

getting worse

Current regimen:

Morning

Aloette Gentle Foaming Cleanser

Aloette Oil-free Toner

Aloette Nutri-hydrating Mist

Korres Quercetin & Oak Anti-aging/Anti-wrinkle Eye Cream

Korres Quercetin & Oak Anti-aging/Anti-wrinkle Face Serum

Korres Quercetin & Oak Anti-aging/Anti-wrinkle Mattifying Lotion

Aloette Soothe n' Smooth Lip Balm

Evening

Aloette Gentle Cleansing Oil (to remove makeup)

Aloette Gentle Foaming Cleanser + Clarisonic Mia 2

Aloette Oil-free Toner

Aloette Nutri-hydrating Mist

Korres Quercetin & Oak Anti-aging/Anti-wrinkle Eye Cream

Korres Quercetin & Oak Anti-aging/Anti-wrinkle Face Serum

Korres Quercetin & Oak Anti-aging/Anti-wrinkle Night Cream

Aloette Soothe n' Smooth Lip Balm (has lip exfoliating scrub plus balm)

Once a week, I alternate Aloette Enzyme Peel and Aloette Multi-action Scrub (Saturday and Wednesday)

I often use Korres Wild Rose Instant Brightening Eye Treatment under my eyes in the morning.  Sometimes at night, I substitute Korres Wild Rose 24 hr Moisturizer and Brightening Cream or Korres Wild Rose Sleeping Facial instead of night cream.

Skin concerns:

Fine lines around eyes

Age spots (outer corner of left eye and hands) and freckles

Drooping eyelids

Occasional acne

Goals for 2014

My goal is to wash my face every night whether I wore makeup that day or not, to improve my diet for overall health and skin improvement, and to continue to search for products that will address my skin issues.

I posted pictures without/with makeup below.

jozkid

Re: SOS - 2014 Look out 50.....here I come!

Oh darling... I will be 53 on Monday. No picture of posts of me just yet! :smileyhappy:

I've never been a big skincare junkie, but I do like the FAB line.

wingatprsct

Happy Birthday!  FAB is on my list to try this year.  I set up this thread to document my skincare trials, hoping to find the Holy Grail.

ChicDabbler

Oh! I am going to follow your thread. =D

While I'm not at that age yet, I buy skincare for my mom (the original reason that launched/started my skincare obsession years ago) and her skin/age is similar. The droopy eyelid still needs to be addressed since most eye cream that focus on droopy eyelids seems to have pretty low reviews so I haven't splurged for it yet. =/

wingatprsct

[ Edited ]

I've just recently started having problems with my eyelids.  I haven't tried many products yet that address this issue but most seem to leave a tacky/sticky residue. Ugh!  I will be testing some this year to see if I can find one that works for me and is pleasant to use.  So stay tuned....

My mother has one eyelid that droops more severely than the other. It is called ptosis. It doesn't seem to bother her vision and with her other health problems, it's not practical to repair it.  I suspect if mine gets worse, I will go "under the knife!"

rdesigns

I have been using Perricone MD Acyl-Glutathione Eye Lid Serum for the last month, and I have seen significant improvement in the texture and firmness of my upper eyelids.  It has an immediate lifting and tightening effect.  I will be 51 this year, and I really enjoy and can relate to your posts! :smileyhappy:

http://www.sephora.com/acyl-glutathione-eye-lid-serum-P302933?skuId=1392315

wingatprsct

Thanks! I will add it to my list to try.  Have you noticed that it's in The Power Treatments set?  It's the same size for less plus 3 other products.  That's a really good deal!  I may have to try this next!

rdesigns

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

I just looked at the Power Treatments set and saw that it is there - thanks for the tip :smileyhappy:  Since this product has worked so well for me, I am now thinking of trying Perricone's Acyl-Glutathione Deep Crease Serum and/or the Acyl-Glutathione cream.  I have never been a huge fan of Perricone until this product!

Edit: the one in the set is half the size, but it is still a good deal if you use the other products!

wingatprsct

Oops! I was wrong.  It's only 0.25.  The Cold Plasma is 0.5, but still a good value for all 4 products.

wingatprsct

Here are the pictures I promised.

1.JPG

2.JPG

It's amazing what spackle and paint can do! lol

katie1724

You look great! You have nice skin AND my dream hair color (I've always wanted to go red).

wingatprsct

Thanks!  It pretty close to my natural color.  I don't want to know what's actually underneath!

wingatprsct

I would like to mention that Dr. Leslie Baumann's book, Skin Type Solution, is an excellent source for understanding your skin.  Even though it was published in 2006, there is a wealth of information, though the product suggestions may no longer be applicable.  

She breaks down skin types into 16 categories and which to follow if you fall in between.  You can go on her website and take the quiz to find out what category your skin is.  In her book, she lists ingredients to look for and avoid in skincare products for your skin type and medical treatments if you want to go that route.

Your local library may have a copy of her book. Mine did.  This book got me to read ingredient lists!

prosopon

Thanks wingatprsct! That sounds like just what I need.

charpic

Good luck on your 50th year!  May you have wonderful skin and skincare this year :smileyhappy:

wingatprsct

(0) Hearts

Thanks!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 56 replies
  • 97 hearts
  • 18 in conversation
    • katie1724
    • prosopon
    • ChicDabbler
    • livingitup